Home The Bridge
Options

New collection ideas

As per the title....any suggestions for some new collections that DB coukd introduce?
Off the top of my head:

1) Terranical aspirations and/or Dark Mirror - Terran Empire and/or mirror universe crew
2) At the Front of the Q - All Q crew
3)Intrepid Voyagers - Voyage exclusive crew
4)Delta Tourism - N E Other Delta Quadrant crew
5)Order to chaos - Dominion Crew
6)Time to travel - Any time travelling crew
7)Future is unwritten - Any alt. Future crew

Going to stop there I think! Lol

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andorians, Orion’s, cultural figures
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    As per the title....any suggestions for some new collections that DB coukd introduce?
    Off the top of my head:

1) Terranical aspirations and/or Dark Mirror - Terran Empire and/or mirror universe crew
    2) At the Front of the Q - All Q crew
    3)Intrepid Voyagers - Voyage exclusive crew
    4)Delta Tourism - N E Other Delta Quadrant crew
    5)Order to chaos - Dominion Crew
    6)Time to travel - Any time travelling crew
    7)Future is unwritten - Any alt. Future crew

Going to stop there I think! Lol
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Andorians, Orion’s, cultural figures
    I like all of these ideas. I might suggest that y’all post them also in the Make It So! sub-Forum, in the following thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14658/new-collections
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    "Collections" must serve some real purpose in the game ... but I can't figure what it is. LOL :wink:
    (Must be a thing for Space Whales?)

But just in case: maybe a 'collection' of "Weirdest Cards from DB" or "The Outer Limits of the Cosmos" might work?? We can throw Mother Horta, Trevis, and Flotter in there to prime it ...

[just having fun ... :smiley: ]
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    "Collections" must serve some real purpose in the game ... but I can't figure what it is. LOL :wink:

But just in case: maybe a 'collection' of "Weirdest Cards from DB" or "The Outer Limits of the Cosmos" might work?? We can throw Mother Horta in there ...

That would also give a chance to introduce the Cytherian to the game

• Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Cytherian? Sounds cool to me! Suggests maybe a collection of "Invaders from Venus" (look up the word, folk)
    Aren't Women from Venus? :* Hmmmm ...
    :smile:

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    "order to chaos" screams Borgish to me
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Cuttysark wrote: »

They serve two purposes. One is that they circulate rewards so we have more to show for immortalizing our crew. The other is that they offer an optional structure for crew management. I liken it to the difference between just signing up for a bunch of classes versus signing up for the requirements for the degree you want. I'm hoping to complete my minor in Niners.

I think a collection based on real people could be neat, though it requires further additions. Presently, we have:

Abraham Lincoln
    Amelia Earhart
    Leonardo da Vinci

Crew who could be added:

Albert Einstein (hologram in TNG "Descent")
    Doc Holliday (Melkotian recreation in TOS "Spectre of the Gun")
    Fred Noonan (VOY "The 37's")
    Genghis Khan (Excalbian recreation in TOS "The Savage Curtain")
    Isaac Newton (VOY "Death Wish"; hologram in TNG "Descent")
    Jack London (TNG "Time's Arrow")
    Johnny Behan (Melkotian recreation in TOS "Spectre of the Gun")
    Lord Byron (hologram in VOY "Darkling")
    Mahatma Gandhi (hologram in VOY "Darkling")
    Morgan Earp (Melkotian recreation in TOS "Spectre of the Gun")
    Samuel Clemens (TNG "Time's Arrow")
    Sigmund Freud (hologram in TNG "Phantasms")
    Stephen Hawking (hologram in TNG in "Descent")
    Virgil Earp (Melkotian recreation in TOS "Spectre of the Gun")
    Wyatt Earp (Melkotian recreation in TOS "Spectre of the Gun")

That’s a pretty spectacular list of potential crew. I think Samuel Clemens (DIP/SCI/COM?) would be the most popular, perhaps with Stephen Hawking (SCI/DIP but with Dr. Bones-style power in SCI) and Newton or Einstein close behind. We could also have an Ante Up collection with the various poker players if we got those three.
  • Options
    @Travis S McClain
    I like your list! Good thought there!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Extra-Vehicular Activists

EV Suit Crew

Assimilated Hawk
    EV Suit Archer
    EV Suit Seven of Nine
    EV Suit Chekov
    EV Suit Burnham
    EV Suit Tucker
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    "Let's Make Sure History Never Forgets the Name 'Enterprise'."

This would encompass crew who served aboard any Enterprise, but has to be a version from their active service. To keep it somewhat reasonably manageable, exclude off-duty variants (Civil War Worf, Detective Dixon Hill, etc.). Examples:

Acting Captain Jellico (D) and Captain Pike (1701) in, Acting Captain Pike (Discovery) out
    Acting Ensign Crusher (D) in, Cadet Wesley Crusher (Starfleet Academy) out
    Admiral Riker (Alt. Future D) in, Admiral Picard (retired hologram fake) out
    Away Team Archer (NX-01) in, Test Pilot Archer (Starfleet NX Program) out
    Captain John Harriman (B) in, Nexus Kirk (Nexus) out
    Demora Sulu (B) in, Captain Sulu (Excelsior) out
    Doctor Chapel (refit 1701) in, Commander Chapel (Starfleet HQ) out
    Duelist Barclay (D) in, Hologram Barclay (Pathfinder Project) out
    Science Officer Spock (Pike's 1701), Recovering Spock (in between Enterprises) out
    Mirror Tucker in (Mirror NX-01), Mirror T'Pol (U.S.S. Defiant) out
    Riker Q (Riker with Q powers) in, Data Q (Q affecting appearance of Data) out
    1701 Jadzia Dax (Kirk's 1701) in, Trader Worf (Station K-7) out

This should have a lot of tiers, obviously, and the unique reward should be schematics to build either the Enterprise B, C, Future D ("All Good Things...") or I guess J.

This! 100% This! All the crew and variations would be awesome!
  • Options

This would encompass crew who served aboard any Enterprise, but has to be a version from their active service. To keep it somewhat reasonably manageable, exclude off-duty variants (Civil War Worf, Detective Dixon Hill, etc.). Examples:

Acting Captain Jellico (D) and Captain Pike (1701) in, Acting Captain Pike (Discovery) out
    Science Officer Spock (Pike's 1701), Recovering Spock (in between Enterprises) out

This should have a lot of tiers, obviously, and the unique reward should be schematics to build either the Enterprise B, C, Future D ("All Good Things...") or I guess J.

I like this suggestion. Enough Tiers, dropping enough Schemes to get the new Ship fully Leveled would be good.

Some of the new Collections having five Tiers that Drop a Legendary that is unique, like Lucy Davenport in "Holodeck Enthusiasts" would be cool.

Mirror collection could Drop a new Mirror Crew we do not have yet. A few more EV Suits and the EV Suit Collection could Drop EV Suit Picard, from "First Contact".

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

I started reading this and though, "Too many crew will qualify. Too big a collection. What's he thinking?"

And then I saw your proposal for rewards. Brilliant!

A giant collection with tons of tiers allowing you to build up enough schematics to build and level up a new Enterprise. I love it.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Mirror collection could Drop a new Mirror Crew we do not have yet.

Mirror Kyle or bust!
  • Options

I started reading this and though, "Too many crew will qualify. Too big a collection. What's he thinking?"

A giant collection with tons of tiers allowing you to build up enough schematics to build and level up a new Enterprise. I love it.

Wondering "What's he thinking?" when I start with an idea is universal. I wonder myself half the time. Between the four named Enterprises, I think I'd be interested in the following order:

"All Good Things..." (Just 'cause I love that episode so damn much)
    B (though I'd probably be more interested in the U.S.S. Excelsior, which obviously should not be in this collection)
    C (I'd build it but I wouldn't rush)
    J (eh, whatever)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll post my suggestion for an Alternate Future Collection again.
    Crew from:
    All Good Things
    The Visitor
    Timeless
    Endgame

Another one I want, a voyage exclusive collection.
    Include all 8 voyage exclusive crew.
    The reward for completing all 8 should be an exclusive crew that's awesome for Voyages. V'Ger!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Mirror collection could Drop a new Mirror Crew we do not have yet.

Mirror Kyle or bust!

I just watched "Obsession" last 🌃. Mirror Kyle actually was one of the possibilities for that I thought of. Do we have The White 🐺 yet? He could work also. But Kyle is awesome. He had quite a few lines for a non-regular in "Obsession".

To expand the EV Suit Collection enough to justify enough Tiers to drop five copies of a Legendary, they could add some EV Suit Crew from TOS, and some more from Enterprise.
  • Options
    Do we have The White 🐺 yet? He could work also. But Kyle is awesome. He had quite a few lines for a non-regular in "Obsession".

The White Rabbit is in the game, yes. But I don't have him so it doesn't matter.
    To expand the EV Suit Collection enough to justify enough Tiers to drop five copies of a Legendary, they could add some EV Suit Crew from TOS, and some more from Enterprise.

Wait, which TOS EV suit?

2geqhrf66ekl.jpg
    983s5htn9vog.jpg

Personally, I'd vote for Interphase Kirk.
  • Options
    Age of Sail collection.

Pretty amazing this one doesn't already exist. Maybe they're waiting until Picard, Worf, and Troi get added? We're also still missing one for DS9's Badda Bing, Badda Bang, for that matter.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Do we have The White 🐺 yet? He could work also. But Kyle is awesome. He had quite a few lines for a non-regular in "Obsession".

The White Rabbit is in the game, yes. But I don't have him so it doesn't matter.

Wait, which TOS EV suit?

2geqhrf66ekl.jpg
    983s5htn9vog.jpg

White Wolf {🐺} is Mirror Voq. I think. Did I get the right animal? Just re-watched the Mirror Episodes last week.

White 🐰🐇 I want to get for my Crew, as well. He and the Mugato have the same footprints, as a piece of trivia.

Why not both TOS EV Suits? We could even get/count Life Support Belt EV Crew from TAS.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

Wondering "What's he thinking?" when I start with an idea is universal. I wonder myself half the time. Between the four named Enterprises, I think I'd be interested in the following order:

"All Good Things..." (Just 'cause I love that episode so damn much)
    B (though I'd probably be more interested in the U.S.S. Excelsior, which obviously should not be in this collection)
    C (I'd build it but I wouldn't rush)
    J (eh, whatever)

I'd pick the exact same order of preference for a new Enterprise.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

Wait, which TOS EV suit?

2geqhrf66ekl.jpg
    983s5htn9vog.jpg

White Wolf {🐺} is Mirror Voq. I think. Did I get the right animal? Just re-watched the Mirror Episodes last week.

White 🐰🐇 I want to get for my Crew, as well. He and the Mugato have the same footprints, as a piece of trivia.

Why not both TOS EV Suits? We could even get/count Life Support Belt EV Crew from TAS.

The wolf looked like a rabbit to me. Also, I completely forgot that "White Wolf" was even a thing. And I didn't mean to suggest an either/or with the TOS EV suits. I just wanted to see if you had one specific one in mind. I dig both designs.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Wait, which TOS EV suit?

2geqhrf66ekl.jpg
    983s5htn9vog.jpg

The wolf looked like a rabbit to me. Also, I completely forgot that "White Wolf" was even a thing. And I didn't mean to suggest an either/or with the TOS EV suits. I just wanted to see if you had one specific one in mind. I dig both designs.

I like both designs as well.

Some of the animals in the Emojis are unclear. And some choices are limited. There are two dogs. Neither is close to #1 🐩🐕

Also, bunny 🐰 & rabbit 🐇 generate different Emojis. So "bunny rabbit" gives 🐰🐇
  • Options
    Im going to add the idea of a
    2 become 1 collection...for fused crew obviously.

We have a few now....tuvix, one zero zero one, duras sisters, cheesecake seven, evolved janeway

Just waiting for the rura penthe kirk to fuse with the changling to make changling kirk!!!
  • Options
    I want an animal crew collection, made up of those crew who are with animals/pets, or crew who are animals themselves.

Crew like Amanda Rogers (holding the puppies), Tribble Scotty, White Rabbit, Picard and Number One, etc.

If you get all the crew and complete the collection, your reward is a 5* George and Gracie card.

Make it so!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Okay. Just got to the episode with Mirror Voq......

He's called The 🔥 🐺.

I guess I was thinking "White 🐺" because of albino!!!!!!!

🤔☹️🤔☹️🤔
  • Options
    /SSR/ AHSOG/SSR/ AHSOG ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Should be a Picard Collection; he has 19 Cards in game now (and more to come).