Home The Bridge
Options

PETITION: PLEASE get rid of trainers in the Gauntlet

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
It's by far the most offensive thing in the entire game IMO... they are so close to useless you can barely even tell the difference

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    It's by far the most offensive thing in the entire game IMO... they are so close to useless you can barely even tell the difference

Even I have more than enough 🚆 ers. That says it all.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    /signed
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the question should go to new players. I certainly do not need them.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

Hear hear!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    I support this
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    Signed. For me, usefulness of trainers disappeared less than a month after I started playing. And I never got anywhere in the gauntlet in my first several months.

New players, for whom trainers might have some value, are unlikely to place well in gauntlet or get long streaks. If DB must have trainers to help out new players, perhaps have them drop only from 3-win streaks. That will satisfy new players while not frustrating established ones.

Also, DB should put in a pity bar like in galaxy events. Your chances of getting the gauntlet legendary increases longer you go playing rounds w/o winning one. It doesn't have to be big, but some incentive to beat the cruel RNG gods.
  • Options
    Agreed, be rid of 'em. I'd support chucking rations and trainers from voyages too
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop the trainer price a bit in the honor hall for new players and drop them entirely from the gauntlet.

Yes. 50 gold trainers for 1500 honor?

• Options
    yes okease , this needs to go
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had a vip0 alt that actually needed those trainers so ...

perspective.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Personally, I think you guys are pulling the ladder up behind you. Thanks to those of you who recognize that new players need trainers. The rest... You got your crew leveled and you're not worried about the next new captain.

How about a compromise? Remove trainers from the high tier loot boxes. Then boost the trainers in lower tier loot boxes by a rarity level. Higher level captains can climb their way up to avoid those trainers.

Personally, if it's not a legendary crew, I don't care what gear or trainers I get in gaunlet. Good luck in your crusade. I just hope you don't burn people behind you.
    i had a vip0 alt that actually needed those trainers so ...

perspective.

I see what both of you are saying for sure, and I like the idea someone else posted a lot of making them dramatically cheaper in the honor store (enough that it would be easy for new players to get them, and removing them completely from gauntlet).... a new player who can't afford to train their crew probably can't significantly compete in gauntlet yet anyway, so why not find a better way to throw them trainers than the gauntlet

That last point is super on target. People with mostly 1 🌟 to 3 🌟 Crew are not going to hit many 3/6/9/+ Loot Boxes.

In the thread where someone was reminiscing about the old Cadet Missions, I summarized several comments into two suggestions.

1} Add an "Academy Barracks". Limited to 3 🌟 and below Crew, with a set limited, separate number of Crew Slots. This would allow people to work on new 1 🌟, 2 🌟, and 3 🌟 Crew, without tying up main Crew Slots. And allow people to keep some favorite 3 🌟 and below Crew around.

2} A "gymnasium" or "training" Gauntlet. Limited to 3 🌟 Crew and below. This would give newer players a way to have a competitive Gauntlet experience. Maybe introduce some 4 🌟 Crew unique to that Gauntlet that would help them move up to the main Gauntlet quicker. Let that Gauntlet drop Trainers.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet never really helped me with scarce trainers anyway, and even in the beginning I was happier about some 1* equipment than about 7 blue trainers which get you nowhere.

What helped were faction missions and voyages. Therefore I would not remove trainers from voyages. Replicator rations from voyages remained important to me for a long time too, so same here.

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got past the point of needing trainers before Gauntlet was introduced to the game. And back then I was something like VIP 5, so not a big spender.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Gauntlet never really helped me with scarce trainers anyway, and even in the beginning I was happier about some 1* equipment than about 7 blue trainers which get you nowhere.

What helped were faction missions and voyages. Therefore I would not remove trainers from voyages. Replicator rations from voyages remained important to me for a long time too, so same here.

All I can say about Blue Trainers is I try to keep a handful on hand. One Blue Trainer takes a new Crew Member to Level Ten. Four more take them to Level Twenty. I use them for that, if I have already done my train ten times for the day, and I get someone new.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I returned I had like 17k chrons in my mailbox. That made trainers even more the bottleneck. Without the chrons I maybe would not have felt such a desperate need for trainers anyway?
  • Options
    When I returned I had like 17k chrons in my mailbox. That made trainers even more the bottleneck. Without the chrons I maybe would not have felt such a desperate need for trainers anyway?

That many Chronitons should have generated a lot of 1/2/3 🌟 Trainers from Away Missions and Space Battles. Just an observation. No offense. Just pointing that out totally in a friendly way!!!!!

😺😺😺😺😺
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

That many Chronitons should have generated a lot of 1/2/3 🌟 Trainers from Away Missions and Space Battles. Just an observation. No offense. Just pointing that out totally in a friendly way!!!!!

😺😺😺😺😺
    Afair trainers only drop if the crew is maxxed, no? I do not recall that missions dropped many anyway.

I have not used any crew below 100 for anything in a while so I am not sure though.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    When I started my second account, I really needed trainers for the first two or three months, but what I really needed was gold trainers, not a few blue trainers. I used honor to buy the gold trainers I needed.

Trainers from Tuesday cadet missions, and the gauntlet were too few and far between, and too weak to be of much use. As a beginner player, I did not have the crew to do many streaks per gauntlet, and for the first few weeks/months did not want to waste merits refreshing opponents.

For a beginner player, Chronitons are far more useful.
    Drop the trainer price a bit in the honor hall for new players and drop them entirely from the gauntlet.

Yes this, or dare I say, replace trainers in the gauntlet with honor.
  • Options

😺😺😺😺😺
    Afair trainers only drop if the crew is maxxed, no? I do not recall that missions dropped many anyway.

I have not used any crew below 100 for anything in a while so I am not sure though.

I never noticed if they are limited by anything. I seem to get way more than I need every Galaxy/Skirmish.

😁😁😁😁😁
  • Options
    Proont wrote: »

😺😺😺😺😺

I think trainers only drop from missions when you warp them. If you run them regularly you get XP for the crew you use instead.

That might be it. I almost always Warp.........
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

😺😺😺😺😺

I think trainers only drop from missions when you warp them. If you run them regularly you get XP for the crew you use instead.

Oh I suppose you are right. I unlocked a lot and did not warp too much with those chrons... probably therefore I did not aquire too much trainers then.

/edit: I did not realize this correlation back then and deliberately played missions manually to advance the crew. Stupid I suppose.
  • Options

😺😺😺😺😺

Oh I suppose you are right. I unlocked a lot and did not warp too much with those chrons... probably therefore I did not aquire too much trainers then.

I promise I did not intend to give you misleading information, friend Sanoa!!!!!

☹️😮☹️😮☹️
  • Options
    Em CamEm Cam ✭✭✭
    Yes please!

I never got any trainers in Gauntlet when I was in short supply of them, my crew wasn't good enough to get loot boxes. Since Voyages weren't around back then, I used Honor to get them.

Checking the voyage of minr that's going on, at 1hr there are 18 3* already. While a beginner may get only short Voyages done, those return quickly with their trainers and can be sent out soon enough again. Several short Trips can gather a nice amount of trainers in a day.