Home Ready Room
Options

Help Me!!!

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in Ready Room
I am on a quest to finish the immortalized crew achievement. My bottleneck is trainers. I am in desperate need of trainers. Shuttles only return about 20 every three hours. Tuesday cadets? One or two per mission. I need ideas as to how to build up more. I have even considered buying them in the Honor hall (currently 72k honor) but that sounds painful to burn honor for that. Only other thing I can think of is a long voyage but will that return a ton? Maybe a few hundred? Any ideas to build some up fast?

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were an issue with me once, but I get trainers naturally from shuttles and voyages so often now. I get a good 100 a day of the gold. I've several times used them for replicator rations. How many crew are you leveling at once?
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you are an infamously brutal airlocker, so it makes since that you might want to knock them all out at once for the achievement, but I can't belive you ran out. I assume you started at 32767 for each catagory? How many did you do before running out?

If you have a deep chroniton stockpile that you don't mind digging into, warp 10 some missions and collect the trainers from that?

There's also trainers in the gauntlet, as a recent thread on the bridge reminds us.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I have more then I feel I could ever use.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you are an infamously brutal airlocker, so it makes since that you might want to knock them all out at once for the achievement, but I can't belive you ran out. I assume you started at 32767 for each catagory? How many did you do before running out?

If you have a deep chroniton stockpile that you don't mind digging into, warp 10 some missions and collect the trainers from that?

There's also trainers in the gauntlet, as a recent thread on the bridge reminds us.

So far I’ve done 160 in a little over a week. It takes a little over 100 to immortalize someone. Before I got it in my head to do this I was putting trainers in the replicator. I’m kicking myself now

• Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    "I have even considered buying them in the Honor hall (currently 72k honor) but that sounds painful to burn honor for that ... "

Hmmm ... in my Honor Hall it is 50 5* trainers for 1,500 honor. Your Hall must hate you! LOL

(EDIT: I know what you meant ... ;-) )
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    [10F]risky Dingo[10F]risky Dingo ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    The best way I know of, to grind out trainers, is shuttles during a faction event.

160, that's impressive. About 6-8 months ago I finally finished FEing my crew, but it took me at least a few months to get through them all. Personally, I think spending honor on trainers is a waste. My suggestion would then be to just wait and let your trainers accumulate. If you put the project on hold for, say, a month, and focused on grinding shuttles and voyages, you'd get all the trainers you need.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way I know of, to grind out trainers, is shuttles during a faction event.

160, that's impressive. About 6-8 months ago I finally finished FEing my crew, but it took me at least a few months to get through them all. Personally, I think spending honor on trainers is a waste. My suggestion would then be to just wait and let your trainers accumulate. If you put the project on hold for, say, a month, and focused on grinding shuttles and voyages, you'd get all the trainers you need.

I know this is solid advice. I’m just a Veruca Salt about things. If I go hard during this skirmish I can build up some three star trainers. See where I’m at. Then it’s a faction/galaxy the next weekend. Build up more there. Just need a little patience.

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does DB have any LTO's for trainers? I think I've seen them, but it's been a while. You could change the title of this thread to: PETITION for LTO for gold trainers!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does DB have any LTO's for trainers? I think I've seen them, but it's been a while. You could change the title of this thread to: PETITION for LTO for gold trainers!

I haven’t seen any. But maybe just once they can do a $10 offer instead of replicator rations

• Options
    Just bumping this above the petition to remove trainers from gauntlet for the lol's.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cruel, cruel man.
    😉
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    My first big goal in the game was to immortalize all the 1, 2, and 3 stars. I ran out of trainers a lot.

I was a lot like you insofar as that once I had a goal, I didn’t want to set it aside for a month or two to build my trainers back up.

I did two things (besides taking advantage of the normal game mechanics):

1) Purchased trainers for honor. A waste? Technically, maybe, but it gave me more enjoyment going after my goal and finishing it than it would have hoarding the honor for a cite. Don’t forget it is your game, and you can play it any way that makes sense to you.

2) Using dilithium for Voyages. Obviously, the longer the Voyage, the more 5* trainers you are going to get. I’m a moderate spender and used all my dilithium to extend my Voyages so I could get as many trainers as possible.

Both of these go against what many people say is the smart way to play the game. But playing the game the “smart” way would have meant taking twice as long to immortalize my 1, 2, and 3 star characters, and I would have rather achieved my goal more quickly than get another citation or two.

Hope that helps you somewhat. Good luck.

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    <snip>
    Don’t forget it is your game, and you can play it any way that makes sense to you.
    <snip>
    I would “awesome” the above statement 1000 times, if I could.

@Banjo1012 , it seems to me that most of my trainers come from voyages, followed by faction event shuttles. Given that there is no way to accelerate the scheduling of the latter, I suppose you could use dilithium to instantly recall those 10-11 hour voyages you regularly run & squeeze in 4-5 more per week. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first big goal in the game was to immortalize all the 1, 2, and 3 stars. I ran out of trainers a lot.

I was a lot like you insofar as that once I had a goal, I didn’t want to set it aside for a month or two to build my trainers back up.

I did two things (besides taking advantage of the normal game mechanics):

1) Purchased trainers for honor. A waste? Technically, maybe, but it gave me more enjoyment going after my goal and finishing it than it would have hoarding the honor for a cite. Don’t forget it is your game, and you can play it any way that makes sense to you.

2) Using dilithium for Voyages. Obviously, the longer the Voyage, the more 5* trainers you are going to get. I’m a moderate spender and used all my dilithium to extend my Voyages so I could get as many trainers as possible.

Both of these go against what many people say is the smart way to play the game. But playing the game the “smart” way would have meant taking twice as long to immortalize my 1, 2, and 3 star characters, and I would have rather achieved my goal more quickly than get another citation or two.

Hope that helps you somewhat. Good luck.

Thank you for saying this. I think I was just waiting for someone to say it’s ok to buy them from the honor hall. And I do subscribe to your philosophy that if you have a single goal in mind, do whatever it takes to reach it. I also have done the voyage thing. At 14 hours I had 114 gold and 82 purple. I have three tokens left so hopefully more will build up by then

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip>
    Don’t forget it is your game, and you can play it any way that makes sense to you.
    <snip>
    I would “awesome” the above statement 1000 times, if I could.

@Banjo1012 , it seems to me that most of my trainers come from voyages, followed by faction event shuttles. Given that there is no way to accelerate the scheduling of the latter, I suppose you could use dilithium to instantly recall those 10-11 hour voyages you regularly run & squeeze in 4-5 more per week. 🖖

That is what I was thinking. I was instantly recalling to stockpile chrons and never paid attention to the trainers. Now that I am I see they come at a decent clip. The week after this is half faction so I can run 1.5 reducers the whole way and build that way too. Then just kinda see where I stand after that. I need about 150 crew to hit the achievement so that means about 20000 or so gold trainers

• Options
    I find that with a modest 6/8 hr journey I am able to get a sizable quantity of 5 and 4* trainers (50/100 maybe) Personally, I find it easier to get them from the Honor Hall if I'm in a rush.

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Shuttles, voyages and away missions are the only realistic ways to get trainers. You may want to time boost regular shuttles if you're really struggling and resources are not a concern, also, recalling voyages with dil could help getting more voyage uptime.

There's also the honor hall but that's not something I would recommend beyond your first month of play. Patience may be the solution here.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone for choking in. In case anyone was wondering, a nearly 22 hour voyages yielded 236 gold trainers and 84 purple
  • Options
    COOL
    :smiley:

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    One more option .. tho you may not like it..
    IIRC you get more trainers from failed shuttle missions than from succesfull ones.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Thank you for saying this. I think I was just waiting for someone to say it’s ok to buy them from the honor hall. And I do subscribe to your philosophy that if you have a single goal in mind, do whatever it takes to reach it. I also have done the voyage thing. At 14 hours I had 114 gold and 82 purple. I have three tokens left so hopefully more will build up by then

Just as an aside. .. i just recalled my 10hr voyage with 54Gold and 74Purple trainers and i too have bought trainers in honor hall while i was powerlevelling through my 1/2/3x cards for the collection stuff and to clear out my roster for space.

While in hindsight i might think it was not the best expenditure, i have no regrets i have done so, as it enabled me to freeze cards and gain collection bonus.

The same tactic i have used to immortalize Assimilated Torres .... a crew which only sees occasional use but did complete both Borg and Jury Rigger collections for me at the time giving me 2 collection bonus ..

(before DB started adding more crew to the JR collection (which was 1 month after i was done with AssTorres :# )
  • Options
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    IIRC you get more trainers from failed shuttle missions than from succesfull ones.

I've tanked all of my factions, but I never paid attention to the trainers. If this is true, then it might be a bit helpful for Banjo.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have failed some shuttles in this endeavor. They drop the same amount as a success

• Options

I have failed some shuttles in this endeavor. They drop the same amount as a success

Welp ... there goes that **tsk tsk**$umption ....
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welp ... there goes that **tsk tsk**$umption ....

I do appreciate your input and trying to help me out

• Options
    You could run away team missions with your crew. Pick one of the later episodes and put two crew in who can clear the mission by themselves, the the crew you want to level in the third slot.
  • Options
    You could run away team missions with your crew. Pick one of the later episodes and put two crew in who can clear the mission by themselves, the the crew you want to level in the third slot.

Does actually running the mission award more XP than you would get from trainers when warping the mission?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    [SJ] Yorkster[SJ] Yorkster ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Does actually running the mission award more XP than you would get from trainers when warping the mission?
    Warping gets you 70% of the crew XP according to the wiki.

However, it's just occurred to me that if you have say 2 FFFE and 1 you are levelling, warping should actually be better, since 2 crew will not receive any XP.

Edit: typo
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Warping gets you 70% of the crew XP according to the wiki.

However, it's just occurred to me that if you have say 2 FFFE and 1 you are levelling, warping should actually be better, since 2 crew will not receive any XP.

Edit: typo

I think the wiki is referring to warping giving you captain's XP to increase your captain level, because when you warp a mission you don't select any crew to run it, and therefore you are not getting crew levelling exp.