Home The Bridge
Options

15 for 10

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
Since most people I think bite on the 10 for 10, curious who took advantage of this even better offer

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not receive it
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I did not receive it

Crazy, I thought all offers were pretty much global now adays
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Received it.... Didn't take it. I don't take offers unless I get a gold cite and even then it's become pretty rare, save for the premium track and monthly card.
  • Options
    Received it, took it, and got final star on Chaotica, Delta Flyer Paris, and Tarquin, plus first stars on prophet Sarek, Keeper, and Five. Loads of junk super rares too, so bags of honour. Worth it for me.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    I did not receive it

They are. This is the second time it’s happened to me. The first time was the Captain Geordi offer that included a citation. I put in a ticket and they were kind enough to get it for me. I’ll not do that this time but I would have bought it

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw it late last night. Didn't go for it. I have so many crew that the odds are against me getting any I need, even if I were inclined to spend for it.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I grabbed it. Not going to open the packs until a portal update, though.
  • Options
    11 useless straight drops (seriously?), 3 useless beholds, 2 begolds (aos data & number one), 1 usefull ship.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up grabbing it and also got just 2 golds, 3rd star for First Officer Riker and 3rd star for Annorax.... pretty meh
  • Options
    I got it, it was a few decent pulls. Mostly though, after weighing it up, it was even with the regular 10 offer. Nothing really over the top.
  • Options

Does this really matter? I was wondering if RNG parameter are set for certain offers. I don't know how that works, but I sure was thinking that way. I think next time I'll save them too and just clear out some slots just in case something nice is dropped.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bakerbeanz wrote: »

Does this really matter? I was wondering if RNG parameter are set for certain offers. I don't know how that works, but I sure was thinking that way. I think next time I'll save them too and just clear out some slots just in case something nice is dropped.

No. All the offers do is add to the count of free portals you have. When you use the free portal, it runs the standard portal as it exists at the time you click.

In terms of the offer, 15 months ago I would have bought it and been excited it was the first offer better than a monthly card. At this point Campaigns have changed my calculation. I can't justify spending $10 for a random selection of cards when $10 can yield a 5/5 and 5 packs.
  • Options
    I got three begolds. Added stars to Katrine and T'Kuvma and got my first copy of Dahar Master Kang. Not the best slate, but better than a sharp stick in the eye.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 begolds. 2 useful purple crew from beholds.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    3 Begolds
    1x Solar Sail Sisko (5th Star)
    1x Ushaan Archer (3rd Star)
    1x Kortar (2nd Star)

Not great but not too bad
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took the offer...it only netted me a fourth star for Musketeer La Forge (I didn’t want a first star for Joseph Sisko or a sixth star for someone I didn’t pay attention to) but the honor and enough schematics for level 9 on the 1701-A place it at still a slightly better value than a regular mid-week 5* LTO.
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    This is the last time i ever going to buy packs. Only 1 useful purple in 15 packs.

Correction 0 useful things in 15 packs.
  • Options
    I did not receive it

They are. This is the second time it’s happened to me. The first time was the Captain Geordi offer that included a citation. I put in a ticket and they were kind enough to get it for me. I’ll not do that this time but I would have bought it

I didnt get it until right before starbase daily. reset. I thought it very strange. Is it possible that everyone was so busy skirmishing, if you dont log out the offer doesnt pop til you log back in? A problem that i thought was supposed to have been fixed.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bakerbeanz wrote: »

Doing portal pulls with no free crew spots is kinda asking for it though. Just save 'em up if you don't have open crew spots and do the pulls at a later date.

Or ... if you have almost all the 4* crew then just go for it ... whenever I get a portal pull in through events etc. I just open 'em ... don't feel there's much use waiting, have plenty of 5*s I still would like to get that I don't own who are available in the portal, or could add stars to a ton too ... because I have all the 4*s in the portal (only 4 more need the last star) I know I'm not getting anything new.

@Banjo1012
    I often don't see these kinds of deals if I don't restart the game completely on my phone ... the same happens if the game is open but my phone is off I often don't get notifications for low antimatter on voyages etc.

For example ... I just quit and relaunched my game and I have an LTO for Exceed Your Dream (€110,-) ... the timer is down to 11 hours already, no notification nothing.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a 15 for 10?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I did not receive it

I didnt get it until right before starbase daily. reset. I thought it very strange. Is it possible that everyone was so busy skirmishing, if you dont log out the offer doesnt pop til you log back in? A problem that i thought was supposed to have been fixed.

I intentionally restart several times a day to make sure I don’t miss any. Plus, if it popped up at 10 or 11 last night it should still have been up until 10 or 11 this morning to which I did restarts this morning as well. Perhaps they just don’t want me to max these few ships I have left

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I got that one... I got a crazy $140 (Canadian) offer, which had 25 packs, 4000 dilithium and 5000 chrons. Easy pass!
  • Options
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    What's a 15 for 10?

15 packs for 10 $.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempted, but passed. Bought the last 10 for $10 and haven't opened them or most from campaign recently as the January Honor Sale killed my crew slots. I'm rushing to clear space for mega event characters each week. Not worth buying with no slots currently to put any crew in -- plus I need to keep the wallet closed for a while now anyway.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moment of weakness, I bit. I haven't had a good pack in a long time, but I was bored and I felt like I wanted to encourage them to offer it again, as its 1.5x the value of the 10 for 10.

Got two BeGolds, Tora Ziyal and Kohlinar Spock. One useful 4*, a few schematics here and there.

I mean, wasn't the worst.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passed. Pulls are getting less and less tempting to me as my crew grows and legendary beholds are too rare to spark my interest. I'm also not really interested in buying honour, I find earning it more fun.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the last thing I REALLY need is more 1/5s clogging up my roster, but I get excited when one of them turns out to be a gauntlet monster like Mr. Seven.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the last thing I REALLY need is more 1/5s clogging up my roster, but I get excited when one of them turns out to be a gauntlet monster like Mr. Seven.

When I got him I replaced Armus in my gauntlet crew with him for about three or four gauntlets. I switched back to Armus.

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

When I got him I replaced Armus in my gauntlet crew with him for about three or four gauntlets. I switched back to Armus.

I use them both. Although Armus doesn't always make the cut, G7 does 99.9% of the time. But it's not really a matter of one replacing the other. Gary is more for SEC than for SCI, after all.

For instance, my current Gauntlet, Seven of Nine gets a trait bonus (and ENG is the featured skill), so I put her in instead of Armus. But Armus usually goes in... and I use him for my CMD, as well, not bothering with a CMD primary crew unless it's featured and/or Gun Show JL gets a massive trait bonus or something.

Edit: I'll add one more thing I love about G7: very few players have him, so he will often hit that sweet spot where the skill combo isn't as good for the potential opponents. Whereas you're starting to see walls of Armii ('armies of Armii', if you will), just like the walls of Guinans, Caretakers, etc., which usually forces you into an "even odds" type of matchup.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a third star for Augment Picard. A second star for Durango Troi. And a first star for Beowulf Kim.
    For my purples I got fourth stars for 4 of them. As well as two second stars and a third star. The rest of the beholds were fully fused 4*s.