Home The Bridge
Options

The "Fill Crew For Missing Skill Combinations" Game

That's right folks its another round of FCFMSC, the only game show around to tie your tongue in knots and maybe induce an epileptic seizure from all these strobe lights in the studio!
cue theme song

So, there are still a few missing combinations of skills that have no crew assigned to them. Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to recommend crew not in the game that could possibly fill it. There are no wrong answers, unless you pick Wesley Crusher, in which case you will be thrown out of the airlock
crowd chants "airlock, airlock, airlock"

Let's play! Your skill combinations are: drum roll

CMD/SCI/ENG
CMD/SCI/MED
CMD/MED/DIP
CMD/MED/SCI
CMD/MED/ENG
DIP/MED/ENG
SEC/DIP/MED
SEC/SCI/MED
SEC/MED/CMD
SEC/MED/ENG
SCI/CMD/MED
SCI/MED/SEC
ENG/CMD/MED
ENG/DIP/MED
ENG/SEC/MED
ENG/MED
ENG/MED/CMD
ENG/MED/DIP
ENG/MED/SEC
MED/CMD/ENG
MED/DIP/ENG
MED/ENG
MED/ENG/CMD
MED/ENG/SEC

Contestants! Hands on buzzers!
theme song plays, lights flash annoyingly at the cameras

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I'll pick the easy ones
    ENG/MED/CMD - Stranded Jett Reno
    ENG/MED/DIP - Dr Noonian Soong (younger variant)
    DIP/MED/ENG - Dancing with Data Beverly Crusher
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Unless i am misunderstanding “missing skill combo with no crew assigned” (possible i am misunderstanding that you mean in the stated order of skill strength? Running on 2hours of sleep and lots of coffee) but in a general sense.... just the skill comboS stated,
    We do have...

Sec/dip/med
    prisoner katrina cornwell
    Bartender guinan
    Waitress ezri
    Q2
    War correspondent jake
    Tacticle neelix

Com/med/dip
    Age of sail crusher
    Prince bashir
    Lady beverly
    Cpt beverly picard
    Humbled archer

Cmd/sci/eng
    Future adm janeway
    Mountaineer spock
    Cpt la forge
    Assimilated la forge
    Pinafore data

Eng/cmd/med
    Delta flyer paris

Dip/med/eng
    Stranded quark

I could continue through my crew roster with this list, but if my Interpretation of the question is correct, i think i have shown enough examples. Please feel free to laugh if i have misunderstood the question. 🤪
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean exactly that combination...Primary/Secondary/Tertiary

Stranded Quark is DIP/ENG/MED not DIP/MED/ENG
  • Options
    [TFA] CaptainObvious[TFA] CaptainObvious ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    SEC/MED/ENG
    [...]
    MED/ENG/SEC

*hits buzzer*
    I'll take Engineering Extension Courses Bashir ("Armageddon Bashir") for 500, Captain!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll pick the easy ones
    ENG/MED/CMD - Stranded Jett Reno
    ENG/MED/DIP - Dr Noonian Soong (younger variant)
    DIP/MED/ENG - Dancing with Data Beverly Crusher

That's my thoughts on Stranded Jett Reno.

@Banjo1012 suggested that engineer whom Trip impregnated in ENT for the ENG/MED/DIP combo. That's one that I want.

I can't remember if it was Banjo or someone else who mentioned Bev Crusher from the metaphasic shield conference episode for the MED/DIP/ENG combo.

Geordi from that same episode could be ENG/DIP/MED. And why not start a collection from that episode while we're at it? :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a good one for MED/DIP/ENG in a Make It So topic just the other day: Metaphasic Shielding Conference Crusher. We also thought that Galorndon Core Geordi would make for a decent ENG/DIP/MED or ENG/MED/DIP option.

Flint isn’t quite a slam-dunk but could work as a COM/MED/ENG or ENG/COM/MED, depending on what you think of his android construction/programming skills.

Speaking of androids, Norman would be a decently solid COM/SCI/ENG possibility.
  • Options
    Hesitantly offer a Section 31 Bashir, from episode inter arma silent leges, as your dip/med/eng.
  • Options
    Cmd/sci/eng - Commander/Captain Erika Benteen of the USS Lakota, from DS9's Homefront and Paradise Lost.

Command and Sci because she was the Lakota Captain and heavily involved in changeling defence and the Engineering because, in a past life, she was also Leah Brahms.
  • Options
    Hemlock MartinisHemlock Martinis ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    ENG/CMD/MED
    ENG/DIP/MED
    ENG/SEC/MED
    ENG/MED
    ENG/MED/CMD
    ENG/MED/DIP
    ENG/MED/SEC
    MED/CMD/ENG
    MED/DIP/ENG
    MED/ENG
    MED/ENG/CMD
    MED/ENG/SEC

Torpedo Surgeon McCoy could've been any of these. What a missed opportunity.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazlaaaaa wrote: »
    Hesitantly offer a Section 31 Bashir, from episode inter arma silent leges, as your dip/med/eng.

Good suggestion, and no need for the hesitation. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Dazlaaaaa wrote: »

Good suggestion, and no need for the hesitation. 🖖

The hesitation is that the eng feels a little shoehorned in.
  • Options
    CMD/SCI/ENG

Gary Mitchell.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Command-Medical-anything (in that order) is a missing skill set among legendary crew. It's a shame that Captain Beverly Picard didn't end up with the skills in that order, or that the Emergency Command Hologram didn't end up with them as a legendary crew member.

Some other possibilities:
    • Prometheus EMH Mark 1 (CMD-MED-ENG) - led EMH Mark 2 in saving the Prometheus from the Romulans
    • Admiral McCoy (CMD-MED-DIP) toured the Enterprise-D with Data
    • Starfleet Medical Crusher (CMD-MED-SCI) - spent a year as head of Starfleet Medical while Pulaski was on the Enterprise
    • Commander Beverly Crusher (CDM-MED-SEC) commanded the Enterprise and a skeleton crew in battle in the 2-part episode "Descent"
    • Commander Hilliard (CMD-MED-SEC) of Starfleet Medical, denied Bashir access to Odo's files

For Security/Med/Cmd, I'd also suggest Sabin Genestra, Betazoid aide to retired Admiral Norah Satie, who was an investigator and used his telepathic powers and knowledge of psychology to twist witnesses, etc.

And for Med/Eng/Sec, I'd suggest EMH Mark 2 of the Prometheus.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Eng/Med/Sci - Magnus Hansen? Sevens dad?
  • Options
    Excellent choices! Admiral McCoy would be a good option for CMD/MED/DIP as well.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    1) MED/COM/ENG: Warp Bubble Crusher (from Remember Me)

MED is obvious, COM because by the end, she’s in command of the Enterprise, and ENG insofar as that she had to figure out why “the universe” kept getting smaller and smaller.

(Granted, she was in charge of the Warp Bubble Enterprise by virtue of the fact she was the only person on board, but let’s not quibble. 😄)

Crew Quote: “If there’s nothing wrong with me, maybe there’s something wrong with the universe!”

2) COM/MED/ENG: “Disaster” Commander Troi

From the episode Disaster, where she was the ranking officer on the bridge(COM) and had to decide between O’Brien’s or Ro’s plan to save the ship from the quantum filament (ENG).

3) SEC/DIP/MED: “Disaster” Worf

From Disaster Again, we have SEC/DIP/MED Worf, who tries to reassure Keiko and deliver her baby, to great comic effect.

Crew Quote: “Congratulations. You are fully dilated to 10 centimeters. You may now give birth.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more the TNG episode “Disaster” could supply a few of the other rarer combinations as well. I understand they probably wouldn’t want to take so many crew from one episode, but what they could do is a mega, based on a similar scenario to “Disaster” and have crew doing some of the more unusual things they did during their series.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I love your suggestions, Automaton, but why SEC as a main skill for Flint? Personally, I would replace that with SCI (not necessarily as his main skill, but just as one of his 3 skills). Or DIP in a pinch, but that's rather prosaic.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great list, @Automaton_2000 . Midwife Worf and The Companion are my personal favorites from the list - more for the episodes than the stats.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I love your suggestions, Automaton, but why SEC as a main skill for Flint? Personally, I would replace that with SCI (not necessarily as his main skill, but just as one of his 3 skills). Or DIP in a pinch, but that's rather prosaic.

There are a handful in there whose order don't fit, but I was running out of proposed skill sets to fill :D You could give him any skill, really. At least there's some source material to support SEC for him - which order is entirely up for debate.
    I was Akharin, a soldier, a bully and a fool. I fell in battle, pierced to the heart and did not die.
    I have the power to force you to leave or kill you where you stand...An interesting test of power. Your enormous forces against mine. Who would win?
    Be thankful that you did not attack me, Captain. I might have accepted battle, and I have twice your physical strength.

My favorites which I think fit well and I want in game would be
    CMD/MED/DIP - Arsenal of Freedom Picard
    CMD/MED/SCI - Acting Captain Crusher
    CMD/MED/ENG - Shattered Janeway (Great episode and we just got Icheb from there as well)
    SEC/SCI/MED - Mari Investigator Tuvok and SCI/CMD/MED - Gravity Tuvok (Huge Tuvok fan)
    and Galorndon Core La Forge who could have almost any combo of skills.
  • Options
    MonArkMonArk ✭✭✭
    ENG/MED/DIP:
    Bajoran Delivery O'Brien
    (aka Kira's Having My Baby O'Brien)
  • Options
    CMD/MED/DIP
    Troi at the Helm
    6577842_orig.jpg

SEC/MED/CMD or SEC/MED/ENG
    Ray. O Vanticaaaaaahhhhhh Bashir
    350?cb=20100117131944&path-prefix=en
  • Options
    ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    ENG/MED or ENG/MED/SEC:
    The Banaen doctor (don't remember his name) who implanted memories into Tom Paris in the Voyager Episode Ex Post Facto. I only add SEC because he killed his rival.
    Definitely not a Legendary character.
  • Options
    RFRF ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    dokayqc4lrcv.jpg

Some combination of Med/Com/Eng