Home The Bridge
Options

5 New Slots

Did we just get five free slots today or am I not remembering my crew max correctly, haha.

Comments

• Options
    I saw the 5 additional slots too.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks DB! Much appreciated!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sale with it, as far as I can see. I should probably restart.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks DB!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hmm, I had 4 safecracker Nogs and Annika in my overflow. Now they are in crew slots😉👍😊
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five new Slots just in time for me to unfreeze my Sevens and Odos that are 4 🌟
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    free slots always make me happy! :)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was unexpected (and probably unintended), thanks!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also quite happy about the slots. :) Thanks, DB.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »
    That was unexpected (and probably unintended), thanks!

Not unintended: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15529/valentine-s-in-the-air

Maybe the announcement was a bit delayed due to the lvl achievement problem but nothing wrong with new slots and a sale :wink:
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Thx DB. Giving out more free slots seems to become more regulary lately.
    Please keep it up. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironically, this happens the day after I decided to retire my alt account. Lack of crew slots was one of 2 main reasons I decided it just wasn’t worth it to continue to play on that account. Sorry for being a downer on a happy occasion- carry on with your festivities.
  • Options
    A nice surprise to find more crew slots. Thanks DB!
  • Options
    Ironically, this happens the day after I decided to retire my alt account. Lack of crew slots was one of 2 main reasons I decided it just wasn’t worth it to continue to play on that account. Sorry for being a downer on a happy occasion- carry on with your festivities.

So what, log back in and continue? Too easy? 🤔
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Thanks for the free slots, DB. :smile:
  • Options
    Thank u DB, we appreciate it!
  • Options

I'm tired of juggling crew slots. It's not fun. So I quit doing it. I'm not the first. I won't be the last. Was that clear enough for you?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it wasn’t, I thought the same thing.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

I'm tired of juggling crew slots. It's not fun. So I quit doing it. I'm not the first. I won't be the last. Was that clear enough for you?

No. But thx for sharing ur „sad story“ on this thread. Isn t it sad that even a nice thing like getting free crew slot attracts the negative folks, that need to show it in every thread? 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll trade you some

7iz6vn46txwt.jpeg
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I’ll trade you some

7iz6vn46txwt.jpeg

And you're still on the Credit ones. :)
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have never bought any yet
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    bragger! :wink:
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    bragger! :wink:

You’ll get there

• Options

No. But thx for sharing ur „sad story“ on this thread. Isn t it sad that even a nice thing like getting free crew slot attracts the negative folks, that need to show it in every thread? 🤗

It’s not a sad story. It’s just a fact that happens to be relevant to this thread. I have 170 crew slots on that account. Over 1/3 of my crew slots are occupied by 1/4s. There’s still about 100 super rares that I have 0 copies of. I can consistently hit 8 hour voyages but I’m not exactly fusing super rares left and right. If I’m lucky, I might get to freeze 1 or 2 chars a month from voyages.

I don’t have crew slots to pull bonus crew from cryo for events. If I get a new legendary, I usually have to decide which of my existing legendarys needs to visit the airlock. I don’t have the disposable income right now to expand my crew quarters. Events seem virtually pointless since I don’t have room to put new crew anyway. So I’ve decided to just quit playing that account altogether. I shared my situation so that DB would understand why yet another account has quit the game, on the off chance that they actually want to do something about it. I didn’t realize you would find that so offensive.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 170 crew slots and only one account. I would just like people to know I'm doing fine, and I'm grateful.

Plus when I immortalise my 400th (well 399th) crew member on Sunday morning, I can buy another 5 crew slots :D

Ain't life grand?
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not a sad story. It’s just a fact that happens to be relevant to this thread. I have 170 crew slots on that account. Over 1/3 of my crew slots are occupied by 1/4s. There’s still about 100 super rares that I have 0 copies of. I can consistently hit 8 hour voyages but I’m not exactly fusing super rares left and right. If I’m lucky, I might get to freeze 1 or 2 chars a month from voyages.

I don’t have crew slots to pull bonus crew from cryo for events. If I get a new legendary, I usually have to decide which of my existing legendarys needs to visit the airlock. I don’t have the disposable income right now to expand my crew quarters. Events seem virtually pointless since I don’t have room to put new crew anyway. So I’ve decided to just quit playing that account altogether. I shared my situation so that DB would understand why yet another account has quit the game, on the off chance that they actually want to do something about it. I didn’t realize you would find that so offensive.

If you decide to re-start the account, one thing to help is to re-evaluate how you collect crew. Over 1/3 of your slots occupied by 1/4 is way too many. Those should be the first to be airlocked. When you're tight on crew slots you can't sit on 1/4s waiting for extra copies. You need to only have a couple that you hope to get extra copies of. And be willing to drop any 1/4 when you get a 2/4 or 3/4 from another source.

Recognize that you won't be collecting all 4* for A LONG time. There are cards that you will end up airlocking 4+ copies of because you always dump them at 1/4 before you get a second copy. That's ok, at the time you dumped the 1/4 it was to hold onto a 2/4 or 3/4. Hopefully more times than not you'll freeze that 2/4 before you get the 4 single copies of the 1/4. Eventually you'll fuse crew and have fewer crew to think about holding.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

If you decide to re-start the account, one thing to help is to re-evaluate how you collect crew. Over 1/3 of your slots occupied by 1/4 is way too many. Those should be the first to be airlocked. When you're tight on crew slots you can't sit on 1/4s waiting for extra copies. You need to only have a couple that you hope to get extra copies of. And be willing to drop any 1/4 when you get a 2/4 or 3/4 from another source.

Recognize that you won't be collecting all 4* for A LONG time. There are cards that you will end up airlocking 4+ copies of because you always dump them at 1/4 before you get a second copy. That's ok, at the time you dumped the 1/4 it was to hold onto a 2/4 or 3/4. Hopefully more times than not you'll freeze that 2/4 before you get the 4 single copies of the 1/4. Eventually you'll fuse crew and have fewer crew to think about holding.

Yup ...

Or to take the non-airlock route (the one I chose) whereby:
    - you don't do ANY crew portal pulls (not even the 10x basic ones) until you have 4-5 open crew slots;
    - you immediately put any immortalised 4* and lower crew into cryostasis (or immortalised 2-skill 5*s - see ya later Minuet) no matter what - if you are hitting 8 hrs on voyages, your immortalised 4*s are probably not contributing to that anyway - for Arena crew use non-FF 4*s in Captain and consider ditching Commander Division for a short while;
    - take the occasional decision to cite a 4* to immortalise them (e.g. non-portal 4*s from recent events) instead of ditching a 5* that you've obtained through an event (you're not doing portal pulls remember ...);
    - prioritise levelling for immortalisation purposes rather than anything else, e.g. only 3/4s and 4/4s that you just got through an event;
    - forget about fuse-crew for the time being (Tuvix, Duras Sisters etc.).

The problem is, most people kinda slide between both strategies, want to see results quickly and love doing their portal pulls. Crew collection requires patience, planning and a long-term view.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t buy any slots at the beginning (besides the ones you could buy with cash) and I prioritized leveling and freezing 1 and 2 star crew first (and knocked out the cadet challenges), then leveled and froze the 3 stars.

I didn’t do many portal pulls besides the occasional free ones. While I was doing all this, I just saved all the 4 stars and 5 stars I got and didn’t touch them. If I needed to
    airlock anyone, I would do the super rares that had the fewest stars.

Only when I had pretty much all the 1,2, and 3 stars immortalized did I really turn my attention to the super rares and Legendaries.

Most people don’t like it, because they’re not really competitive for a couple months, but once you have that done, you’re ready to hit the ground running. You have a decent amount of bonuses from immortalizing all the 1,2, and 3 star crew, and you can just start to work on whatever 4 or 5 stars you want.

It’s basically doing all the scut work ahead of time, and putting yourself in a position to take advantage of your work when you’re ready to be competitive.