Home The Bridge
Options

10-hour Medical/Command

This is a rather big milestone for me. Thought I would share. No one is under any obligation to care that I am sharing :smiley:

oazcsbuyvho2.png
p6mq4j20te3c.png
uz0bdv77k62i.png
zukdmxuvcgqb.png
czhhlecu5xw2.png

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Congrats! I used my Convergence Day citations to hit this milestone too. :)
    (Can't find my screen shot, though)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done! I started recording my natural 10hr voyages to see just how long it would take to hit all 30 skill combos. I started tracking in Aug 2019, and foolishly assumed I'd be able to share my results around Thanksgiving or so. I'm still missing 7 pairs - 6 of which include Med. Strangely, the 7th one is Sec primary / Dip secondary - not sure how I haven't hit this one yet, unless it just hasn't been offered as an option.
  • Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    Well done! I started recording my natural 10hr voyages to see just how long it would take to hit all 30 skill combos. I started tracking in Aug 2019, and foolishly assumed I'd be able to share my results around Thanksgiving or so. I'm still missing 7 pairs - 6 of which include Med. Strangely, the 7th one is Sec primary / Dip secondary - not sure how I haven't hit this one yet, unless it just hasn't been offered as an option.

I actually realized that my diplomacy command was weak so I threw my campaign citation into Scrooge instead of who I had originally planned. Weird some of the combos that get overlooked sometimes

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm impressed that this was done without Pollard and Rev Phlox. Congrats.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I appreciate being able to see what works. I always assumed so much of a voyage was about balance. I went from hoping to get to the 7th hour to hitting 8 a fair bit once I saw how people were getting to 10. Shares like this are good. At least least from my perspective. Even if they make me all kinds of jeally.

If you are just learning, you may not want to pay too much at this. Medical / Command is generally considered the hardest voyage to complete because there are only about 4 GOOD cards that hit this combo. Reverend Phlox, Dr. Pollard, Shroom Culber and EMA. Of those four, the only one I had finished is EMA. So, I had to use some extremely bad cards. Like REALLY bad. This was a mad scramble to get the job done with a stick of gum, some duct tape and a lot of luck. Should not be used for educational purposes haha.

Edit: Okay, 5, Humbled Archer
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghazi wrote: »
    I appreciate being able to see what works. I always assumed so much of a voyage was about balance. I went from hoping to get to the 7th hour to hitting 8 a fair bit once I saw how people were getting to 10. Shares like this are good. At least least from my perspective. Even if they make me all kinds of jeally.

If you are just learning, you may not want to pay too much at this. Medical / Command is generally considered the hardest voyage to complete because there are only about 4 GOOD cards that hit this combo. Reverend Phlox, Dr. Pollard, Shroom Culber and EMA. Of those four, the only one I had finished is EMA. So, I had to use some extremely bad cards. Like REALLY bad. This was a mad scramble to get the job done with a stick of gum, some duct tape and a lot of luck. Should not be used for educational purposes haha.

And Gloria. I use Archer, Gloria, three Phlox’s and Cap Bev in the MED, DIP, and COM seats. Next time I get a MED/COM I’ll screenshot my crew. I can get 10 hours easily with that combo. You are correct in that it is a tough one. This combo is why I got those Phlox’s.

• Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

And Gloria. I use Archer, Gloria, three Phlox’s and Cap Bev in the MED, DIP, and COM seats. Next time I get a MED/COM I’ll screenshot my crew. I can get 10 hours easily with that combo. You are correct in that it is a tough one. This combo is why I got those Phlox’s.

My to do list at the moment. Just not quite there yet.

a3qze0uj1yzw.png

s6ccokzfvtzw.png
    39du39zogrq0.png

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

My to do list at the moment. Just not quite there yet.

a3qze0uj1yzw.png

s6ccokzfvtzw.png
    39du39zogrq0.png

I’m pretty sure that looks alot better than others to do lists

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

It may be just RNG
    But I hardly ever see it.
    The skills I see most often are ENG, MED , SCI with the others thrown in.
    Now that I said that RNG will even out and give me the other three more often in voyages🙂👍😉

• Options

Neither AoS Crusher or AF Bashir are bottom-of-the-barrel bad. We would all love to use the most optimal cards out there to fill our voyages, but we have to work with what we've got. As your voyage shows, there's more than one way to get the job done, with a bit of RNG luck.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

DIP/SEC is one that should be good for me on paper but I do find that the options for crew with those as their top two skills go down in quality awful fast after my immortal Mirror Shukar and 4/5* Covert Operative Leland. So many crew have one of these two skills as a tertiary that the voyages end up being fine in the end, but I might move Leland, Quinn, and Q2 up on my citation priority list so as to avoid the temptation to use Rura Penthe Kirk to fill a slot on these voyages.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

DIP/SEC is one that should be good for me on paper but I do find that the options for crew with those as their top two skills go down in quality awful fast after my immortal Mirror Shukar and 4/5* Covert Operative Leland. So many crew have one of these two skills as a tertiary that the voyages end up being fine in the end, but I might move Leland, Quinn, and Q2 up on my citation priority list so as to avoid the temptation to use Rura Penthe Kirk to fill a slot on these voyages.

I have found this to be the case as well. This was the last combo I needed to secure

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Com-Med is a very tough one. Congrats. I can do all other 10 hr voyage combos but that one still eludes me. I was hoping for a Com-Med in this mega event but no such luck.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Look for Satin Dress Lily Sloan ... one of the undervalued DIP/SEC/x crew you can find ... if you consider the scarcity of third skill she has compared to other possibilities and the impact that she can have on other voyage combos too ... e.g. DIP/ENG and SEC/ENG.
    Your other option with that combo (sorta) is Ushan Archer SEC/DIP/ENG ... not one many would consider citing up ...

As for CMD/MED ... I personally lucked into a 10 hr voyage for that one, posted crew etc. in the Ready Room under the 10 hr voyage thread (pg 3).
    Have come close a second time, using different crew, but it will take a while before I get another 10 hr one there I think, though I do have some options for citations.

EDIT: The crew as listed and shown on the thread indicated above ...

CMD - Borg Queen, Prince Bashir; DIP - Gloria, AoS Crusher; SEC - Bartender Guinan, Bell Riots Bashir; SCI - Tenavik, Pollard; ENG - Po, RAF O'Brien; MED - Q as "God", Cornwell.
    Starting AM: 2775.
    All crew immortal ... and like I stated there, almost all crew were available to all players (if you've played long enough and purchased the relevant campaigns) ... bar RAF O'Brien, Pollard and AoS Crusher.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »

Look for Satin Dress Lily Sloan ... one of the undervalued DIP/SEC/x crew you can find ... if you consider the scarcity of third skill she has compared to other possibilities and the impact that she can have on other voyage combos too ... e.g. DIP/ENG and SEC/ENG.
    Your other option with that combo (sorta) is Ushan Archer SEC/DIP/ENG ... not one many would consider citing up ...

As for CMD/MED ... I personally lucked into a 10 hr voyage for that one, posted crew etc. in the Ready Room under the 10 hr voyage thread (pg 2).
    Have come close a second time, using different crew, but it will take a while before I get another 10 hr one there I think, though I do have some options for citations.

Leland, Quinn, and Q2 were the best options I could think of (I totally forgot about Dahar Master Koloth) but I do have others I could do for added depth: Ushaan Archer, Dancing Chekov, The Prophet, OO Garak, Undercover Sulu, Mirror Kira, Kung Fu Sarek, Agent Janeway, Gunslinger Uhura, Tyler Sone of None, and a few other even worse options (Chancellor Gowron and Kal-if-fee Kirk come to mind).
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

As for CMD/MED ... I personally lucked into a 10 hr voyage for that one, posted crew etc. in the Ready Room under the 10 hr voyage thread (pg 2).

Leland, Quinn, and Q2 were the best options I could think of (I totally forgot about Dahar Master Koloth) but I do have others I could do for added depth: Ushaan Archer, Dancing Chekov, The Prophet, OO Garak, Undercover Sulu, Mirror Kira, Kung Fu Sarek, Agent Janeway, Gunslinger Uhura, Tyler Sone of None, and a few other even worse options (Chancellor Gowron and Kal-if-fee Kirk come to mind).

I can add Decoy Kira and Weyoun to that list

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished this one at 9h36m. Its mostly a best MED, best CMD, mix in a few that have both. Hope for the best. Stats were CMD 11.7k, MED 10.3k, DIP 10.3k.
    My CMD/MED's are:
    Prince Bashir 5/5
    Gloria 5/5
    AF Bashir 4/5
    Delta Paris 5/5
    I have Humbled Archer, EMA and AOS Crusher but they're only 1/5 so I skip them currently.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I just finished this one at 9h36m. Its mostly a best MED, best CMD, mix in a few that have both. Hope for the best. Stats were CMD 11.7k, MED 10.3k, DIP 10.3k.
    My CMD/MED's are:
    Prince Bashir 5/5
    Gloria 5/5
    AF Bashir 4/5
    Delta Paris 5/5
    I have Humbled Archer, EMA and AOS Crusher but they're only 1/5 so I skip them currently.

If I can add my two cents, I would highly, highly recommend Immortalizing EMA! He's on 80% of my voyages. And if not there then always on a shuttle. Very solid character!
    I didn't see DF Paris mentioned above. He's one of my favorites. He can take an ENG spot and he has the Pilot trait.

@RaraRacing was listing characters that were available to most players through Mega and Campaigns. DF Paris is a chance drop. Good character, but not everyone has him.
  • Options

For DIP/SEC
    Most of those I wouldn't consider citing unless I had them 4/5 like Leland ... many are CMD/DIP/SEC variants ... the problem with citing from 1/5 up is that the value/voyage above replacement (let's call it VAR - based on WAR) is probably very low because the combos CMD/SEC and CMD/DIP are probably already the best combos most players have for their voyage crew ... so you'd basically be spending citations on limited-use crew with low VAR.

The reason I mentioned Archer and Lily (not that Archer should be cited), is that their VAR is high ... DIP/ENG and SEC/ENG are probably not top 3 skill combos for most people (for me #10 and #9 of 15). If you are like me ... a player with limited resources ... you kinda want to cite up crew that provide the most bang for their buck:

- Suus Mahna Sarek ... decent option. The risk is that with a low voyage score like him, he will be outclassed by the next crew introduced with his skillset.
    - Agent Janeway ... you're probably better off citing a voyage stalwart like Xindi Insectoid, because the Insect has a meagre 271 pts less on the DIP/SEC combo, even though SEC is its third skill, and comes with a massive SCI pt bundle to boost the other stats on your voyage.
    - Gunslinger Uhura ... maybe, but only because of her 2 collections.

Other decent options not listed ... Locutus, WC Jake Sisko ... but I'd personally go for Xindi or someone like Tactical Officer Neelix ... just good voyagers that can fill in easily for other voyage combos i.e. versatile crew.

That reminds me ... I still have a post to write in the Ready Room ...
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

For DIP/SEC or better still SEC/DIP I still have a habit of putting Rura Penthe Kirk on a voyage he maybe two skills but his combined score is worth the handicap IMHO.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pollard is one of the 7-10 best cards in game, considering her strong MED+CMD, right up there with G7, FO Burnham, Braxton, C7 and Locutus. Worth citing if she's in your inventory.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    For DIP/SEC or better still SEC/DIP I still have a habit of putting Rura Penthe Kirk on a voyage he maybe two skills but his combined score is worth the handicap IMHO.

FWIW...my spreadsheet does these calculations for me, but only for three skill crew. It's not hard to understand wanting to use Rura Penthe Kirk.

d6uaxg1t74kv.png
    loj48tdcvfxl.png
  • Options

For DIP/SEC
    Most of those I wouldn't consider citing unless I had them 4/5 like Leland ... many are CMD/DIP/SEC variants ... the problem with citing from 1/5 up is that the value/voyage above replacement (let's call it VAR - based on WAR) is probably very low because the combos CMD/SEC and CMD/DIP are probably already the best combos most players have for their voyage crew ... so you'd basically be spending citations on limited-use crew with low VAR.

The reason I mentioned Archer and Lily (not that Archer should be cited), is that their VAR is high ... DIP/ENG and SEC/ENG are probably not top 3 skill combos for most people (for me #10 and #9 of 15). If you are like me ... a player with limited resources ... you kinda want to cite up crew that provide the most bang for their buck:

- Suus Mahna Sarek ... decent option. The risk is that with a low voyage score like him, he will be outclassed by the next crew introduced with his skillset.
    - Agent Janeway ... you're probably better off citing a voyage stalwart like Xindi Insectoid, because the Insect has a meagre 271 pts less on the DIP/SEC combo, even though SEC is its third skill, and comes with a massive SCI pt bundle to boost the other stats on your voyage.
    - Gunslinger Uhura ... maybe, but only because of her 2 collections.

Other decent options not listed ... Locutus, WC Jake Sisko ... but I'd personally go for Xindi or someone like Tactical Officer Neelix ... just good voyagers that can fill in easily for other voyage combos i.e. versatile crew.

That reminds me ... I still have a post to write in the Ready Room ...

Agreed 100% - most of those I listed just aren’t worth it given other available crew. And I’d never put a citation on a gauntlet special crew outside of The Caretaker, because I feel comfortable guaranteeing that a sixth star would drop soon after immortalization.
  • Options
    @robownage & @Dirk Gunderson

I believe the table below illustrates the reason why citing up specific DIP/SEC or SEC/DIP crew with CMD as a third skill is not the best use of citations in general for a player like me ...

eiqkwmxmdxza.png

This shows my personal 5* crew ... only 3-skill crew ... and the top 12 voyage scores for each of the 15 skill combos ... some notes:
    - I wouldn't use the top 12 in a specific combo because of doubling up various 3-skill combos which do not aid in seating in the 3 skills not covered by those crew (e.g. cannot fit more than six CMD/DIP/SCI crew on a CMD/DIP voyage).

- DIP/SEC and ENG/MED are the only 2 combos where I do not have an immortalised 5* (e.g. DIP/SEC/SCI or SEC/DIP/CMD etc. etc.) ... look at the #1 scores, under 3000.

- However ... DIP/SEC sill has the second-highest average score per crew (AvgIF row) ... compare that to ENG/MED in 13th.
    --> this means that I can still hit 10 hrs on those voyages even though I've not actively immortalised anyone just because those two skills are just omnipresent in the majority of crew.

- If I'm citing up DIP/SEC/CMD crew they will most likely only appear in the top 12 list for two combos (in this case CMD/DIP and DIP/SEC), whereas if I'm citing DIP/SEC/ENG crew they will appear in the lists of all three combos and so improve the averages for both SEC/ENG and DIP/ENG as well as DIP/SEC.

And so I can hit 10 hrs using various crew combos for DIP/SEC ... two examples:

woev01tem7lb.png

Yes, naturally I used Leland (4/5) and Quinn (2/5) as an option, because, why not ... but they didn't need to be immortal to hit 10 hrs. Would it help? Of course ... but I'd rather have help on voyages where I don't make 10 hrs or only sometimes.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this means that I can still hit 10 hrs on [DIP/SEC] voyages even though I've not actively immortalised anyone just because those two skills are just omnipresent in the majority of crew.

Yea, I struggle to understand seeing so many players saying their 'DIP/SEC' is weak for voyages - I think the disconnect is that they're looking at crew with only those skills as their top two, but that's not a necessity for voyage building. It's a giant puzzle where any of a million combinations of primary, secondary, and tertiary across a dozen crew (from a pool of dozens or a hundred more) can all produce a similar result.

Anecdotally, I've reached consistent ~10:30 voyages on my third account now and have only ever cited a single DIP/SEC crew across all three accounts (Koloth on the 2nd account) and in fact only have two DIP/SEC or SEC/DIP crew immortalized on any account - Voy #135 Mirror Intendant Kira and Voy #164 Covert Operative Leland. And yet DIP/SEC has never been in the bottom half of voyage combo strength.

Unless you're trying to rigidly build your voyages with mostly crew whose top two skills match the featured voyage skills (in which case you're handicapping yourself), it's nearly impossible to have voyages weaker in 2-of-3 CMD/DIP/SEC than a dozen other combos. Particularly when those skills are so unavoidable:

ttqycwo2t0bo.png
  • Options
    All of what I had above was done with the idea that I like to have four crew with the featured skills as their top two for every skill combination. That’s not always possible without duplicates (MED/COM, MED/ENG) and not always a problem as you say (DIP/SEC)...this is why Leland isn’t on my citation list, Quinn is near the bottom, I haven’t even bothered leveling Koloth yet, and none of the other names I listed are ever going to be on my citation list.

Right now, my biggest holes for voyage skill coverage are ENG/MED (no surprise there) and COM/MED (likewise). All the other combos have either a handful really incredibly strong crew options (SCI/MED, DIP/ENG, COM/ENG, SEC/MED) or a fantastic amount of depth (DIP/SEC, SCI/SEC, COM/DIP, etc.). My citation list has a couple of heavy hitters for raw voyage score (Xindi Councilor, Prophet Sarah Sisko), a couple with rarer skill combos (Prince Bashir, Saboteur Garak, TP Chakotay), and a bunch of depth pieces for when traits align just the right way (Krenim Guest Paris, Pining Vina, et. al.). The next three on deck are Prince Bashir, Resilient Tuvok, and the Xindi; after that, it’s a little more fluid...I might move North Star Tucker up for the collection more than his DIP/ENG contributions or I might go a vanity route and immortalize some Andorians (Ushaan Shran is only at 3/5* and both Talas and Lissan are 1/5*). It’s nice having this amount of flexibility with what I want to do with my crew.
  • Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    Funny you are talking sec / dip. Just had one pop up and my Sec / Dip crew are extremely weak when it comes to primary skills. With Q2 topping the list, followed by Kung fu sarek and then 1701 martok. Some less than stellar names to be certain. But let’s see how it looks....

z402gzv5w8yr.png
    1pa1ufkiqx5x.png
    cc9a0izkgrq7.png

As you can see it can be made up for easily by good crew with tertiaries.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of what I had above was done with the idea that I like to have four crew with the featured skills as their top two for every skill combination. That’s not always possible without duplicates (MED/COM, MED/ENG) and not always a problem as you say (DIP/SEC)...this is why Leland isn’t on my citation list, Quinn is near the bottom, I haven’t even bothered leveling Koloth yet, and none of the other names I listed are ever going to be on my citation list.

Right now, my biggest holes for voyage skill coverage are ENG/MED (no surprise there) and COM/MED (likewise). All the other combos have either a handful really incredibly strong crew options (SCI/MED, DIP/ENG, COM/ENG, SEC/MED) or a fantastic amount of depth (DIP/SEC, SCI/SEC, COM/DIP, etc.). My citation list has a couple of heavy hitters for raw voyage score (Xindi Councilor, Prophet Sarah Sisko), a couple with rarer skill combos (Prince Bashir, Saboteur Garak, TP Chakotay), and a bunch of depth pieces for when traits align just the right way (Krenim Guest Paris, Pining Vina, et. al.). The next three on deck are Prince Bashir, Resilient Tuvok, and the Xindi; after that, it’s a little more fluid...I might move North Star Tucker up for the collection more than his DIP/ENG contributions or I might go a vanity route and immortalize some Andorians (Ushaan Shran is only at 3/5* and both Talas and Lissan are 1/5*). It’s nice having this amount of flexibility with what I want to do with my crew.

This is my approach as well, although now I look for those that can add to a high third skill, I can suggest to those that are short on DIP/SEC, use crew that are COM/DIP/SEC or SEC/ COM/DIP or the like in those 6 slots and you will find you build DIP/SEC pretty quick and can flesh out the rest of what you need with the other three skills