Home The Bridge
Options

10-hour Medical/Command

2»

Comments

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I would love to chime in on this thread, but my voyages are broken. I haven't had a CMD/DIP or DIP/SEC in months. The past 3 weeks straight I have had all but one MED/+ and that was a SEC/SCI.

The longest I have been able to get a MED/* to get to was about 9:40, and that was 11K/10K/2900AM.

I just had a MED/DIP, which I had 13.5K/12K 2925AM, and failed at 8 hours 15 mins. Broken, stupid RNG, whatever. I abandoned it, and got another MED/DIP. [rolls eyes]
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to chime in on this thread, but my voyages are broken. I haven't had a CMD/DIP or DIP/SEC in months. The past 3 weeks straight I have had all but one MED/+ and that was a SEC/SCI.

The longest I have been able to get a MED/* to get to was about 9:40, and that was 11K/10K/2900AM.

I just had a MED/DIP, which I had 13.5K/12K 2925AM, and failed at 8 hours 15 mins. Broken, stupid RNG, whatever. I abandoned it, and got another MED/DIP. [rolls eyes]

Yikes...I do have a couple thoughts:

-Do you reset the voyage skills with a short (seconds or maybe minutes in length) voyage? Sending a voyage with random crew on the first ship that comes up for three to five seconds before recalling works almost always for me when I have a skill combo that gets stuck
    -What were your non-featured skills for that MED/DIP voyage? With those featured skill scores and that length, I’d say your non-featured skills were mostly hanging around 2000-4000...if you can get at least three of them to 5000+ it will help keep you from bleeding AM in the first few hours of the voyage.
    Ghazi wrote: »
    Funny you are talking sec / dip. Just had one pop up and my Sec / Dip crew are extremely weak when it comes to primary skills. With Q2 topping the list, followed by Kung fu sarek and then 1701 martok. Some less than stellar names to be certain. But let’s see how it looks....

z402gzv5w8yr.png
    1pa1ufkiqx5x.png
    cc9a0izkgrq7.png

As you can see it can be made up for easily by good crew with tertiaries.

Well, it’s not so much filling in with tertiaries as it is picking strong SEC/[not DIP]/x crew and strong DIP/[not SEC]/x crew...which is the other main approach to voyage building. That’s what I like most about voyages and perhaps the entire game right now - there are a lot of different ways to achieve the same goal.
  • Options
    That's the most frustrating part, I have to choose between good AM with trait matching, which also givves me lower tertiaries OR high SKILL combo & semi-high tertiaries and like 2800 AM. Either way I haven't been winning Voyages for a while.

Also, yes, I try sometimes to run shorties to fix the skill combo, but most of the time it doesn't work. One time I tried it I got same ship & skill combos 8 times in a row.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    You really don't need to work hard to maximize AM, it makes so little difference in final voyage time. Something like 5 minutes per trait match. Choosing a stronger crew will probably benefit you more for most voyages, unless you're planning for an extra long voyage with lots of extensions to chase voyage only crew or something like that.