Home Ready Room
Options

Hard Choice Beholds

Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in Ready Room
Have you had any Hard Choice Beholds lately? A Behold comes up, and you really want two or all three characters?

I've been saving up for a Legendary Behold in the Honor Hall lately. Yeah, I know Legendary Citations are the smarter way to go, but I just felt like getting a Five Star Behold. I hit level 50 today, so after collecting the honor points from the Increase Your Captain Level Achievement, I had enough points, so I went to the Honor Hall. After clicking the Legendary Behold button, I was SURE I had just made a mistake... it's going to be a bunch of characters I don't want, isn't it? Admiral Janeway, Mintakan Riker, Suliban Reed? But no wait, The Guardian of Forever says Behold! And I see the Founder. Oh hey, I want the Founder! But I also see Gangster Kirk and Gangster Spock, and I REALLY want Gangster Kirk and Gangster Spock.
9k11OEA.png

I stare at the screen for a good ten minutes trying to decide which way I should go. The Female Changeling is forgotten as I try to decide between Kirk and Spock; I have Kal-if-fee Kirk and Mirror Spock already, so what do the Gangster versions add here? Gangster Kirk has a higher command skill than Kal-if-Fee Kirk, which would be nice, but Mirror Spock is from the Mirror Universe. He isn't actually OUR Spock, is he? So I must have a Legendary version of Prime Spock. I click on Gangster Spock, and as I wave goodbye to Gangster Kirk, I hope I've made the right decision.

Comments

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Founder is useful to unlock a changeling/dip node, but Spock is really good in the Gauntlet. On this occasion I would say you have made the correct decision.

My hardest behold choice was a fifth star for Wrathful Khan, a second for EMH, or Old. Bashir

In the end, I took a second star for EMH simply because my MED is seriously lacking, whereas CMD and SEC is top draw. I figure it also delays me getting a FF leg behold choice.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you made the right choice on GSpock. He has been a gauntlet mainstay for my team ever since I got him. He is easily one of the best SEC primaries and you can, frequently, find some good mismatches vs. Kahless or Locutus in a SEC/ENG. Heck, he is even favored vs. Locutus in SEC/SCI matchups so long as their crit is equal.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great behold visually. Kirk and Spock, flanking the boss, with tommy guns pointed outwards.
  • Options
    Three different things to say here.

1. Re: 5* Citation vs. 5* Behold! - I was just about to cash in 50k Honor for a third star on Locutus of Borg two weeks ago and made the impulsive decision at the last minute to instead take my chances. There are still quite a few I don't have at all and I only have three immortalized (Borg Queen, Kortar, and T'Kuvma), so it seemed far likelier that I would want at least one of the three choices than that I would want none of them. I got my choice of Mirror Spock, Sheriff of Nottingham Q, and Arachnia Janeway. I had none of them. There's only one 5* crew member I would have taken over Mirror Spock, and that's Captain Sisko, so I easily scored this a win. I think it's likely that I'll take that chance again.

2. Re: The matter of hard choice Beholds - A week ago, I took my chances on the Staff Your Ship offer. I pulled eight Beholds in all. Of the eight, only two were for Legendary crew members. The first:

Sulan (1/5 already), Assimilated Torres (0/5), Phoenix Cochrane (0/5)

I need a strong ENG for the Gauntlet and I still need to crit three ENG nodes in missions, so I was tempted initially by Torres and Cochrane. I was more interested in the latter. Ultimately, I elected to just take the second star on Sulan. It doesn't make him any more helpful in the Gauntlet, but it does make him more helpful in Voyages.

Mirror Intendant Kira (1/5), General Chang (2/5), 1701 Sisko (0/5)

This is the one that was hard for me, as I want the additional stars on The Intendant and Chang! I ended up going with Sisko, though because, Sisko. Not the Sisko I really wanted, but still a Sisko I didn't yet have.

3. Re: The choice you made between Gangster Kirk, Changeling Founder, and Gangster Spock - I'd have gone with the Founder myself, just because of my love for DS9, but for gameplay purposes, I think you made the right call.
  • Options
    Three different things to say here.

1. Re: 5* Citation vs. 5* Behold! - I was just about to cash in 50k Honor for a third star on Locutus of Borg two weeks ago and made the impulsive decision at the last minute to instead take my chances. There are still quite a few I don't have at all and I only have three immortalized (Borg Queen, Kortar, and T'Kuvma), so it seemed far likelier that I would want at least one of the three choices than that I would want none of them. I got my choice of Mirror Spock, Sheriff of Nottingham Q, and Arachnia Janeway. I had none of them. There's only one 5* crew member I would have taken over Mirror Spock, and that's Captain Sisko, so I easily scored this a win. I think it's likely that I'll take that chance again.

2. Re: The matter of hard choice Beholds - A week ago, I took my chances on the Staff Your Ship offer. I pulled eight Beholds in all. Of the eight, only two were for Legendary crew members. The first:

Sulan (1/5 already), Assimilated Torres (0/5), Phoenix Cochrane (0/5)

I need a strong ENG for the Gauntlet and I still need to crit three ENG nodes in missions, so I was tempted initially by Torres and Cochrane. I was more interested in the latter. Ultimately, I elected to just take the second star on Sulan. It doesn't make him any more helpful in the Gauntlet, but it does make him more helpful in Voyages.

Mirror Intendant Kira (1/5), General Chang (2/5), 1701 Sisko (0/5)

This is the one that was hard for me, as I want the additional stars on The Intendant and Chang! I ended up going with Sisko, though because, Sisko. Not the Sisko I really wanted, but still a Sisko I didn't yet have.

3. Re: The choice you made between Gangster Kirk, Changeling Founder, and Gangster Spock - I'd have gone with the Founder myself, just because of my love for DS9, but for gameplay purposes, I think you made the right call.

Well, I hope Captain Sisko drops for you soon!
    He is currently my top crew when it comes to Command, pretty useful. 1701 Sisko is pretty cool too.
    uHpXUjn.png
  • Options
    5* beholds are a lot of fun. Don't worry about min/maxing everything in the place of fun :)

I see this version of Spock in the gauntlet all of the time, so he's a perfectly good choice. I'd be tempted by the Founder, and Kirk is in third place.

Haven't honestly had any hard beholds in a while. I think that the next difficult one for me will be either a) three not-so-good options, or b) add a star to a crew vs grabbing somebody new.
  • Options
    5* beholds are a lot of fun. Don't worry about min/maxing everything in the place of fun :)

Co-signed!
    Haven't honestly had any hard beholds in a while. I think that the next difficult one for me will be either a) three not-so-good options, or b) add a star to a crew vs grabbing somebody new.

Scenario b is always vexing, because the incremental increase from a 1/5 to a 2/5, or even a 2/5 to a 3/5, for many 5*'s is negligible. It's not until they hit 4/5 that they really begin to outperform a 4/4, and those are a lot easier to come by, especially through events. In the example I gave above, I know that getting my General Chang to at least 4/5 is what I want out of him and I know I need to get him to 3/5 before I can do that, but the improvement over the 2/5 just wasn't compelling enough to leave a Sisko I didn't have on the table.
  • Options
    Haha...reminds me of when i started the game. I thought when i hit the 'buy again' button i would get the exact same pull...with the exact same behold. Oh how mistaken i was lol
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Gangster Spock is really good in Gauntlet which is one of the factors I use when choosing those types of beholds. Generally it follows

1) Gauntlet Ability
    2) Med Stats or areas of need
    3) Who I really like

Gauntlet is basically free stuff to me. Today I was just rewarded 7 premium pulls a box (of course non really turned out to be good).
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a true member of the Dominion, I would always choose the Changeling Founder ... but I already immortalized her already, as Gods can't really die, can they? :) So my other choice would have been Gangster Spock for he has the best SEC roll (gauntlet) of all.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")