Home The Bridge
Options

How many tokens needed for all dilemmas

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I was trying to figure this in my fleet, but I'm mostly guessing.

I figure set a voyage crew to maximize antimatter. Even sacrificing "good" crew for crew who would give a bonus, I figure anyone who regularly reaches 8 hours would be still guaranteed the first 3 dilemmas. Then with 2900 antimatter to start, how many tokens would be needed? I was estimating 27.

Comments

• Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    2900 antimatter should get you 2h 10m conservatively for each token. So depends on how far you get unassisted.

There are a total of 36 dilemmas so if you want to get them all, then thats 72h.

If you can get 8h unassisted, that means you need to use tokens for the remaining 64h (3,840m)

The math would say you need 30 tokens (=3,840/130)

Though if you already have all the 2 dilemma exclusive crew (Jannar, Lucien, and Thot Gor) you can save yourself 3 dilemmas. Cant get skip dilemmas for The Clown unfortunately.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to figure this in my fleet, but I'm mostly guessing.

I figure set a voyage crew to maximize antimatter. Even sacrificing "good" crew for crew who would give a bonus, I figure anyone who regularly reaches 8 hours would be still guaranteed the first 3 dilemmas. Then with 2900 antimatter to start, how many tokens would be needed? I was estimating 27.

That's roughly correct. I was able to do it in 26, but it will depend a little on the stats you can get after maximizing AM.

That's assuming you skip the 3 two parters to you limit your total length to 66 hours.

But I would suggest waiting until you have ~30 tokens just in case something goes wrong so you have the extra tokens if needed.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am aiming at 30-33. This in not calculated, just what I feel I need. I want a few spare just in case I get my estimate wrong.

There are a total of 36 dilemmas, but you should be able to avoid I guess 3 of the 2/2 if you are just going for the two three parters.

The question I would like answered, is when do I abort the voyage, and resave for another go. i.e. I have Fierce Guinan, so only need to hit A Higher Duty once. But I need to hit Champion of the people twice to get Worf and Picard. If I hit Champion first, at what point should I recall, and have another go to hit both 3/3 dilemmas.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I am aiming at 30-33. This in not calculated, just what I feel I need. I want a few spare just in case I get my estimate wrong.

There are a total of 36 dilemmas, but you should be able to avoid I guess 3 of the 2/2 if you are just going for the two three parters.

The question I would like answered, is when do I abort the voyage, and resave for another go. i.e. I have Fierce Guinan, so only need to hit A Higher Duty once. But I need to hit Champion of the people twice to get Worf and Picard. If I hit Champion first, at what point should I recall, and have another go to hit both 3/3 dilemmas.

I am facing the same situation, needing not only McCoy but also both Worf & Picard. I plan to recall as soon as I hit Part 3 of Champion to get Picard. Then, I will save up my tokens for another long Voyage to get McCoy & Worf. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which 3 dilemmas get skipped?
  • Options
    CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Which 3 dilemmas get skipped?
    Looking @Travis S McClain list .

A Life Alone
    Interference
    Off the Books
    So on Part one choose so you do not get Part two.

Always best to return after getting the two part Three dilemmas. Or if looking for only one crew, then return after you get the dilemma for that crew.

If you get the Part three for Champion of the People early. I would say in the first 44 hours of voyage or the first 22 dilemmas. Edit: return after getting it.
    Basically, half way after first refuel of AM. If not, go until you get both three parters.
  • Options

Remember, it's your Antimatter that will determine how much mileage you get out of each token. You want to get as far as you can before your first crash, but a long Voyage requires playing the long game. My philosophy for going for a long Voyage is to sacrifice some starting stats for max AM bonuses. I'd rather fall short of the 10h dilemma than to need several more tokens.

Correct. You can close the paths to A Life Alone (Jannar), Interference (Lucien), and Off the Books (Thot Gor).

I'd recall right after clearing Champion 3. By time you've stockpiled enough tokens to make your second run, there may be new exclusives added to the pool. If not, then no big deal. If so, though, then each token saved now is one less event to slog through before chasing them.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I'd recall right after clearing Champion 3. By time you've stockpiled enough tokens to make your second run, there may be new exclusives added to the pool. If not, then no big deal. If so, though, then each token saved now is one less event to slog through before chasing them.

I have just had Champion at 2d 8h, and picked up Colonel Worf. I estimate I have 5 more dilemmas, and 7 tokens, so I am going to let her run to pick up McCoy, as I have already had A Higher Duty 2.

The following dilemmas are available, but not seen.

Next Stop Absolution
    Outstretched Talons
    Sticks and stones
    What Smiles may hide
    A Higher Duty Part 3
  • Options
    And A higher Duty 3 at 2d 10h. McCoy for one extra token.

I have 2350 AM left, and the stupid part of my brain wants to let it run down.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    And A higher Duty 3 at 2d 10h. McCoy for one extra token.

I have 2350 AM left, and the stupid part of my brain wants to let it run down.

Nice! I got a Voyage with 2900 AM and strong enough crew to reach the 10h/5th dilemma before crashing, so I've decided to run it for Ensign Picard. If I can get another Dr. Leonard McCoy before then, great, but I'll recall after Picard no matter what so I can get back to replenishing my stockpile of tokens in anticipation of new Voyage exclusive crew.
  • Options
    PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭
    I just finish with 25, start was 8,30h and skip 3. 2950AM is must. I do 72h few time before, you need 27/28, depend of your start. 2950AM is 137min +- 2 min.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

I am facing the same situation, needing not only McCoy but also both Worf & Picard. I plan to recall as soon as I hit Part 3 of Champion to get Picard. Then, I will save up my tokens for another long Voyage to get McCoy & Worf. 🖖

AM=2950, first crash at 9:52:20, 8 revival tokens used & Bob’s your uncle:

n1mi9ro7m1bt.png

I still have 32 tokens, so I plan to make the longer run as soon as I have enough extra 4* citations for the other two.

I took a screenshot of @Travis S McClain ’s post, below, to use as a reference. Thanks, Travis! 🖖
    I'm about to go for another full length Voyage, too, so I brushed up by reviewing the stats from my last one. I was able to skip 3 dilemmas by closing their paths with Part 1 choices, and bailed rather than bother playing it out to "Burden of Proof":

First crash at 9h, 45m, 20s
    138 minutes per revival, from 2950 AM
    24 tokens used to clear 32/36 dilemmas

Also, in case anyone looking through this thread doesn't have it handy, here are the paths:

A Higher Duty 1A > 2B > 3A = Fierce Guinan
    A Higher Duty 1A > 2B > 3B = Dr. Leonard McCoy
    A Life Alone 1A > 2B = Jannar
    Champion of the People 1A > 2B > 3A = Ensign Picard
    Champion of the People 1A > 2B > 3B = Colonel Worf
    Interference 1B > 2A = Lucien
    Off the Books 1A > 2B = Thot Gor
    The Beginning of the End of the World A > The Voice of the Prophets C = The Clown

Since The Voice of the Prophets will populate no matter what you choose in The Beginning of the End of the World, my philosophy is I may as well take the sure thing of The Clown for 200 Honor instead of risk getting stuck with 600 ship schematics or 5 gold replicator rations I don't need.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust