Home The Bridge
Options

A wild west glitch?

2»

Comments

• Options
    They've added extra rewards and tiers to collections often. This is no different. They've already added tiers to this one with Gunslinger Uhura being added after the collection was launched. I think the only difference is that it's been long enough for an update that people may have maxed it by now and not noticed the other additions. However, no one complained about Little John Riker being added as a tier - the only complaint was that he was not added in a timely fashion. DB is just getting a little ahead of the curve on this one.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be ok with a community-facing achievement board (or whatever you want to call it). Players already do that informally on the forum, Reddit, etc. Right now, the only info we can find out about each other in-game is captain level and fleet affiliation. It could be fun to know a bit more about each other’s game achievements.

The inevitable counter-point that will be raised - is this what we want DB doing with its programming time?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us wait for the 8th crew to arrive before flaming. Maybe it will be an easy to aquire 4* or even lower, so everyone would be able to re-complete their collection easily.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Let us wait for the 8th crew to arrive before flaming. Maybe it will be an easy to aquire 4* or even lower, so everyone would be able to re-complete their collection easily.

It won t. ;)

And i don t mind when DB extends collections. Nobody gets hurt by doing so.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    The answer is North Star T'Pol
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

It won t. ;)

You were right. What was I thinking?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    STT Players: " The game is stagnant and boring. They never add new content."

Also STT Players: "Those monsters added content!!!!!!!

EDIT: Wrong letter double tapped. Thanx, 🐧
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    SST Players: " The game is stagnant and boring. They never add new content."

Also STT Players: "Those monsters added content!!!"

It sounds like the SST players should play STT and the STT players should play SST.
  • Options

adding new content doesnt mean negating previous achieved content and new content means more than adding a card in my book. also if they do this again i m out and i ve been playing since the beggining.i feel like a donkey with the proverbial carrot in front of me i can never reach.it is a horrible decision to unmax a collection.create new ones instead
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    borg2004 wrote: »

adding new content doesnt mean negating previous achieved content and new content means more than adding a card in my book. also if they do this again i m out and i ve been playing since the beggining.i feel like a donkey with the proverbial carrot in front of me i can never reach.it is a horrible decision to unmax a collection.create new ones instead

I agree with this. To add another five star to a collection that is already maxed, and difficult to max, is pretty cruel. So now not only do you have to spend all that dilithium playing Tuesday pack roulette, you’ll need another 4 stars after you’ve spent the equivalent of $300 worth of dilithium just to get that one star. Which was also necessary to do with the last added crew in Uhura.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I agree with this. To add another five star to a collection that is already maxed, and difficult to max, is pretty cruel. So now not only do you have to spend all that dilithium playing Tuesday pack roulette, you’ll need another 4 stars after you’ve spent the equivalent of $300 worth of dilithium just to get that one star. Which was also necessary to do with the last added crew in Uhura.

Let’s have a thought experiment: anyone who is displeased at collections being expanded has their voice heard and collections are never added to after being created. Does DB:

-Not add new crew to collections they would otherwise be in? Anyone looking to achieve lower tiers that has obtained the new crew is going to be mad that their effort and/or expense has gone to waste, never mind those whose OCD demands that trait and collection assignments make sense.

-Create a new one-tier collection every time a qualifying crew member is introduced (e.g. Wild West 2, Set Sail 2)? If you think the ship selection interface is unnecessarily obtuse, just wait for this.

-Just not introduce crew that would fall into an existing vanity collection? Oops, no more hope for Deputy Alexander Rozhenko, Nicky The Nose, Trellium-D Infected T’Pol, AoS Picard, or Timelines Original AoS Barclay. That’ll go over well.

Being mad about not having completed any or all vanity collections seems like a poor justification for restricting future game growth.

Add more crew. Just leave it at maxed.

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Let’s have a thought experiment: anyone who is displeased at collections being expanded has their voice heard and collections are never added to after being created. Does DB:

-Not add new crew to collections they would otherwise be in? Anyone looking to achieve lower tiers that has obtained the new crew is going to be mad that their effort and/or expense has gone to waste, never mind those whose OCD demands that trait and collection assignments make sense.

-Create a new one-tier collection every time a qualifying crew member is introduced (e.g. Wild West 2, Set Sail 2)? If you think the ship selection interface is unnecessarily obtuse, just wait for this.

-Just not introduce crew that would fall into an existing vanity collection? Oops, no more hope for Deputy Alexander Rozhenko, Nicky The Nose, Trellium-D Infected T’Pol, AoS Picard, or Timelines Original AoS Barclay. That’ll go over well.

Being mad about not having completed any or all vanity collections seems like a poor justification for restricting future game growth.

I don't get this line of complaining at all. Its another level with a chance for some token "free" stuff if you max it. Who cares if your collections are not maxed there isn't a shiny penny waiting for you if you accomplish it. I personally don't care if mine are maxed or not (and most are not). If I get a crew maxed that moves one up, bonus. If I don't so what. Collections are a nice little bonus here and there. Not something where i "Gotta have them all".
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

I don't get this line of complaining at all. Its another level with a chance for some token "free" stuff if you max it. Who cares if your collections are not maxed there isn't a shiny penny waiting for you if you accomplish it. I personally don't care if mine are maxed or not (and most are not). If I get a crew maxed that moves one up, bonus. If I don't so what. Collections are a nice little bonus here and there. Not something where i "Gotta have them all".

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I'll admit to being a little confused by that reasoning, as well, Banjo. Are you saying that if they add an additional tier to a collection, you'd rather miss out on the opportunity to get those additional rewards (dilithium, premium pulls, Honor, or what have you), just because you'd rather keep your status as having completed that particular collection?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Yeah, I'll admit to being a little confused by that reasoning, as well, Banjo. Are you saying that if they add an additional tier to a collection, you'd rather miss out on the opportunity to get those additional rewards (dilithium, premium pulls, Honor, or what have you), just because you'd rather keep your status as having completed that particular collection?

Yes. The chase gets ridiculous after a while

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Huh. Well, diff'rent strokes, I guess.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don’t understand this line of thinking, I welcome the chance to pick up more rewards. I hope they now look to extend some of the achievements, in particular, Captains level and Immortalised crew.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what???

lol
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

Then don't chase or drop the compulsive need to have everything maxed.

Any person's form of ocd should not dictate other players' desire to gain additional avenues of obtaining collection rewards. The bar is always going to move. There will be more collections that gain additional tiers, this isn't the last one.

/SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then don't chase or drop the compulsive need to have everything maxed.

Any person's form of ocd should not dictate other players' desire to gain additional avenues of obtaining collection rewards. The bar is always going to move. There will be more collections that gain additional tiers, this isn't the last one.

I don’t chase them and I won’t stop anyone from it. Plus, my meager voice has no power to change it either so I think everyone is safe here. I was just expressing how I felt about it, which is pretty much what everyone does on the forum with every post they make

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if they add thirty Western characters, the top tier should stay 7/7?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s over man. You came too late to the party and all the leftovers have already been packed into Tupperware

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s over man. You came too late to the party and all the leftovers have already been packed into Tupperware

Love the tupperware comparison.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha! Thanks. I’ve done some underhanded things to acquire my Tupperware collection.

• Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭

Ha! Thanks. I’ve done some underhanded things to acquire my Tupperware collection.

LOL Tupperware? You guys are all crazier than me! And that's pretty dang crazy! :*
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet