Home The Bridge
Options

Last New Gauntlet Crew was in Nov 2018

2»

Comments

• Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    The vast majority of my Gauntlet jackpot drops have been from streaks, not rank prize boxes. Hell, one of the few times I got one from a prize box, I had already had one drop from a streak a few hours before it ended. Prioritize streaks over trophies/rank.

For me it's been the opposite. Since they made the changes to the reward system last year, I managed to get about one, sometimes two legendaries every month and except for two or three of them they all came out of ranked prize boxes.

There are people in my fleet who keep getting theirs out of win streaks of 3 or 6, but generally speaking, I think that with those changes rank has become of some relevance, if compared to how it worked before.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    The vast majority of my Gauntlet jackpot drops have been from streaks, not rank prize boxes. Hell, one of the few times I got one from a prize box, I had already had one drop from a streak a few hours before it ended. Prioritize streaks over trophies/rank.

For me it's been the opposite. Since they made the changes to the reward system last year, I managed to get about one, sometimes two legendaries every month and except for two or three of them they all came out of ranked prize boxes.

There are people in my fleet who keep getting theirs out of win streaks of 3 or 6, but generally speaking, I think that with those changes rank has become of some relevance, if compared to how it worked before.

From my overall 11 legendary Gauntlet stars 2 came from ranks and 9 from streaks (3, 6 or 9). I use to rank between 1 and 15, so I usually get the best boxes in varying quantity. Still they hardly ever drop a gold. But I have to say that I play the Gauntlet quite religiously, so I get a lost of small streaks throughout one day. If you play less (e.g. start very late on the first day) but intensively the opposite might be applicable.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

From my overall 11 legendary Gauntlet stars 2 came from ranks and 9 from streaks (3, 6 or 9). I use to rank between 1 and 15, so I usually get the best boxes in varying quantity. Still they hardly ever drop a gold. But I have to say that I play the Gauntlet quite religiously, so I get a lost of small streaks throughout one day. If you play less (e.g. start very late on the first day) but intensively the opposite might be applicable.

The few legendaries that I got from streaks were also in low win streaks (probably because we all get way more of those). I never got one out of a win streak of 50 or 60.

But of the 14-15 that I got out of ranked rewards until I completed the collection, most of them dropped over the last months, when I already had all of them at least at 1/5* and therefore managed to rank somewhere between 2 and 10 almost every time (usually 5-10). That probably doesn't have a statistical value, but to me it gave the impression that the changes from last year did make ranks more relevant (and since I live in a time zone where I'm asleep during the last two or three hours of the gauntlet, that's not really something that I would have advocated for :D ).

But you're right when you assume that we might have a different approach to the gauntlet. I've always mainly played for rank and for long win streaks, so I tried not to have my crew disabled and I stopped playing when they were fatigued, even though I could still have won some rounds with some luck. I also never cared about the amount of single gauntlet rounds that I could reach and I probably have less of them than other players who have been around since the beginning. So I probably have less win streaks of 3 or 6 too.