Options

Last New Gauntlet Crew was in Nov 2018

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m very ready
  • Options
    any good candidate ideas?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had 23 Armuses from Gauntlet. I am ready for the false god of Sha Ka Ree, Med/Com/Sec, please!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    I've had 23 Armuses from Gauntlet. I am ready for the false god of Sha Ka Ree, Med/Com/Sec, please!

Will it need to be equipped with 5* ship schematics at level 96? 🤔
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Kevin Uxbridge
  • Options
    Having finished the collection of gauntlet-crew i'm ready to hunt a new one, too.
    I'm going for Ranger Seven, of course with two rifles.
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    This will be an unpopular opinion, but at this point I hope they won't. I finally managed to immortalize all gauntlet exclusives and I hate the gauntlet a lot less now that I only use it to farm merits.

From a less self-centered point of view, since last year's changes mean that rank and win streaks actually have some impact on rewards now, it's even worse for new players who don't yet have the four gauntlet legendaries. You need to rank well to have better chances to get them and you need to already have them to rank well.

And so far only the Caretaker and to some degree Locutus are worth a dupe. Unless the new featured crew will be a voyage or shuttle beast and/or have a rare skill combination, in the long term it will just further dilute the chances of getting something useful out of the rewards.
  • Options
    This will be an unpopular opinion, but at this point I hope they won't. I finally managed to immortalize all gauntlet exclusives and I hate the gauntlet a lot less now that I only use it to farm merits.

From a less self-centered point of view, since last year's changes mean that rank and win streaks actually have some impact on rewards now, it's even worse for new players who don't yet have the four gauntlet legendaries. You need to rank well to have better chances to get them and you need to already have them to rank well.

And so far only the Caretaker and to some degree Locutus are worth a dupe. Unless the new featured crew will be a voyage or shuttle beast and/or have a rare skill combination, in the long term it will just further dilute the chances of getting something useful out of the rewards.

That is why the Gauntlet legendaries should become beholds or claiming token.

I would like that, but that would probably require more programming from DB. Right now, I'd rather see resources invested in the improvement of other game features or in new stuff, like the mini events that they're working on.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Can we have Altovar (Lethian who telepathically attacks Bashir), Li Nalas or maybe Toral, Son of Duras? Even Minister Jaro Essa would be a good candidate.
  • Options
    I once saw someone suggest Major Hayes for the next Gauntlet crew. I like this choice. I originally thought we didn't have a SEC primary or secondary in the Gauntlet, but I was overlooking Locutus. But even still, I like the idea of Major Hayes. Just my opinion though, for what it's worth.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be one of the unpopular guys. I don't want another gauntlet guy. I've done well in gauntlet, though I have no gauntlet crew fully fused. Power creep is already at the point where new crew would be totally overpowered. We don't need worse walls. That said, I won't complain if we get a new guy; I just don't want it.
  • Options
    Gauntlet needs a specific crew with a MED, SEC or CMD primary. Sha Ka Ree is probably a great idea or something like that.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm torn. Gauntlet is my least favorite part of the game. Maybe adding someone new to chase will help, or maybe I'll just get frustrated quickly. Maybe having a new stat boost to chase in a collection will help. Maybe I'll just get frustrated that I have to trudge through my least favorite thing to get the boost.

Mostly, I'm glad for the mini event thing that is growing a part of the game that is not my least favorite. Unless mini events become my least favorite thing for some reason.

I am going to sit on this fence and you cannot make me come down! :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having finished the collection of gauntlet-crew i'm ready to hunt a new one, too.
    I'm going for Ranger Seven, of course with two rifles.

Akimbo Seven™ please. Get our terminology right. I invested a lot in naming her before she ever showed up!!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    PenguinJim wrote: »

Will it need to be equipped with 5* ship schematics at level 96? 🤔

Why does God need a Starship?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

That Catch 22 is the big issue!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I REALLY hope DB doesn't make a new gauntlet featured crew with SCI as one of the three skills.

I wouldn't mind a new gauntlet character. On the other hand, gauntlet is definitely my least favorite part of the game. Perhaps, instead of a new character, DB just rotates the 'featured' character back to Locutas. Then DB could simply change the featured crew every 6-12 months.

That said, how about Charlie X?
    SEC primary and ENG/CMD as secondary/tertiary.

They couldn’t get the rights to his likeness

• Options
    Best of Both World Captain Riker.

Cmd/Sec/Dip for diplomacy with Picard or Cmd/Sec / Sci for finding a way to extract Picard
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metron would be a great gauntlet crew imo
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about rotating the old 5* crew?

Every gauntlet changes traits and skills... How about rotating the prize round to a random 1/5?

Every so often, put a gauntlet-only in as an option.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options

Bummer. Although, that does explain why we haven't seen him before. I've been expecting a "Charlie X mega" for, like, a year now. xD

In that case, how about old Harry Mudd, from TOS? (w/o SCI please xD)
    Maybe even make ENG his top skill, despite the Caretaker.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options

Bummer. Although, that does explain why we haven't seen him before. I've been expecting a "Charlie X mega" for, like, a year now. xD

In that case, how about old Harry Mudd, from TOS? (w/o SCI please xD)
    Maybe even make ENG his top skill, despite the Caretaker.

Same deal as Charlie X, likely. The sense is that DB has trouble securing a lot of the TOS guest star rights.
  • Options
    Well...
    xg706lwo8w5x.jpg

How about Li Nalas, General Kirm, or Jaro Essay, from the DS9 "The Circle" arch? (All with SEC primary.)

;-D
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charlie X was actually set to be a 5* ranked reward once. At the last minute they had to scrub it and they made old school Captain Pike the legendary reward
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    How about rotating the old 5* crew?

Every gauntlet changes traits and skills... How about rotating the prize round to a random 1/5?

Every so often, put a gauntlet-only in as an option.

+1 on this!

That's one of a few options that could get me to like the gauntlet.

It would be better than Dabo, when it comes to the actual chance of getting the legendary without spending dilithium (or without spending too much) and it would allow players to skip the gauntlets with a featured crew that they don't want or put less effort into them, which might also give newer players a better chance at ranking.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vast majority of my Gauntlet jackpot drops have been from streaks, not rank prize boxes. Hell, one of the few times I got one from a prize box, I had already had one drop from a streak a few hours before it ended. Prioritize streaks over trophies/rank.

Anyway, I won't quit campaigning for Flint for the Gauntlet unless he turns up first as the recurring 5* in a mega-event.