Home Ready Room
Options

Who to cite for a scientist.

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
My voyage science crew is relatively weak. So who out of these (possibly two) should I work on. (I have 500k honor)

* Science primary
Science Officer Spock (1/5)
Alternate Future Jadzia Dax (1/5)
Lt. Commander Jadzia Dax (1/5)
Yarnek (1/5)
Mirror Spock (1/5)
Beloved Annorax (1/5)
Temporal Agent Daniels (1/5)

* Science secondary
Gladiator Spock (1/5)
Captain Spock (4/5)
Scientist Degra (2/5) (two skill crew)
Loken (2/5) eng,sci,med
Phoenix Cochrane (2/5)
Lt. Commander La Forge (1/5)
Annika Hansen Seven (1/5)
Detective Data (1/5)
Seven in Silver (1/5)
Mademoiselle de Neuf (1/5)

Mobile Doctor (1/5)
Indulgent Seven (0/5) (med/sci/eng) I have Indignent Seven at 1/4

I only have torpedo McCoy with any combination of med/sci/eng, and would like another, but that is at odds with me wanting another primary scientist.

Comments

• Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    I might be biased here, since he was one of my first cite 2 ff i had ... but i had and still have quite a lot of use from Degra, he still goes on plenty of voyages for me and i have an extensive roster.

His ship ability is also very very usefull in Arena and skirmish , although that is not dependant on more stars on him. But his 8 second 400% dmg helped me out a lot before i had Garth & Killy.

As an aside .. it might also be worth sacrificing your 2 cards for Indulgent Seven, this is currently personal citing project, and from 2 stars up she was already joining voyages for me...
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your aim is to improve voyages, Science Officer Spock is your best bet. He's has one of the best bases for SCI and his voyage rank is around 60. So if he's not on a voyage, he'll be manning a shuttle. Plus being a DISCO crew will probably help in an event or four down the road.

Annika Hansen Seven would probably be a good choice too, but you'll get less of a SCI return on her. Loken would probably be in the same boat (with less of an event bonus chance), though him having MED would be a nice extra.

Do not waste your time on Detective Data; very old card and very weak bases. In fact, don't consider any two stat card, if your objective is to improve voyages.

But with all that, I'm a "work on your best card" kind of player now: getting an Indulgent Seven is an objectively great card, both with traits and rankings. So that might be worth that long road of work, and working on SCI a little later.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    I might be biased here, since he was one of my first cite 2 ff i had ... but i had and still have quite a lot of use from Degra, he still goes on plenty of voyages for me and i have an extensive roster.

His ship ability is also very very usefull in Arena and skirmish , although that is not dependant on more stars on him. But his 8 second 400% dmg helped me out a lot before i had Garth & Killy.

As an aside .. it might also be worth sacrificing your 2 cards for Indulgent Seven, this is currently personal citing project, and from 2 stars up she was already joining voyages for me...

Most of my normal voyage crew are 5/5 or 4/5. Often when I have sci voyages, I put in a 4/4.

I like scientist Degra, he was the first legendary crew I got, but he is only two skill, and old. I also have Killys, Torpedo McCoy, and Garth for the 400% damage.

I am thinking about indulgent.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ... I personally like my crew to be a bit flexible, so ... keeping in mind you mainly asked for SCI voyage advice ...

Scratch
    - Degra - 2 skill ... not much use on voyages. I actually just froze my copy of him ... he was my first 5* I managed to FE and slowly made his way up to FF ... he was my #8 SCI and # 6 ENG base crew.
    - Seven in Silver - 2 skills, see Degra.
    - La Forge - has an abysmal voyage score.
    - Others with poor voyage scores like Mirror Spock (he pales in comparison with the new Picard and Surak) ... I mean your main goal is to improve voyages, so you need options that give at least 3200 total voyage stats.

Question/comment
    Who do you have immortalised? Try to compliment that selection ... so, forget about another SCI/CMD/DIP type ... assume you have Picard and Surak immortal at least and probably more (Scrooge Data etc.). I mean ... Yarnek, SO Spock, Mirror Spock etc.

Advice
    If I was pushed to choose from the crew you have:
    - The Daxes ... for event potential really.
    - Gladiator Spock ... events and useful skill combo for voyages.
    - Loken ... useful skill combo for voyages.
    - Annorax ... maybe.
    - Captain Spock ... yes CMD/DIP/SCI crew, but one citation off optimal use, so I'd just go for it.

But what I might actually do in your situation is ...
    - Cite Loken 3x.
    - Cite Captain Spock 1x;
    - think about citing Gladiator Spock;
    - wait for better SCI crew to come my way. Your crew are not bad, but slightly weak for voyages when you compare what is available and what you might have immortalised. SO Spock is good ... but you are really going to overload SCI/DIP/CMD on a voyage, where ENG might be the second skill, or SEC.

Remember, good SCI voyage crew might not be SCI primary ... e.g. I find Xindi Insectoid to be an amazing SCI voyager ... if I take my top 6 SCI base crew they are Surak, Away Team Saru, Picard &#1, Xindi, Proto Barclay, Honey Bare ... other (awesome) SCI voyagers are Tenavik and Q as God, The Caretaker and Armus ... many of these have been (easily) available to all players (Saru, Xindi and Honey Bare not).
    SCI/MED is a difficult voyage combo that I've not cracked 10 hrs in, but all other 10 hr SCI combos feature the above-listed crew heavily.

So ... who do you use for SCI voyage combos?
  • Options
    I got to thinking about SCI crew we all got for free in 2019 ... you have a couple of really good candidates for citations ... better than most on the above list anyway:

- Mambo Picard - more CMD/DIP/SCI, but a really solid score to compliment the new Picard. Also excellent for events with double 1000+ bases for shuttles etc.
    - Solar Sails Sisko - decent voyage score for ENG/SCI/CMD, good set of traits, #2 Sisko ENG base for events.
    - Survivalist Kirk - decent voyage numbers for SCI/ENG/SEC, good traits and excellent for events with Kirk #1 base SCI.

Maybe you didn't list them because they are already immortal ... but then I wonder what you define as "weak" SCI?
    If you add those three to the mega-event & Gauntlet crew with SCI then that is a really, really solid base for SCI voyages.
  • Options
    And what about P1? Is he already 5/5 in the roster?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be between SO Spock and Cheesecake Seven for me. They have the best event potential. Loken makes a lot of voyages though, so he gets honorable mention.

Personally, I can't bring myself to cite SO Spock because I have his skill set covered so deeply that it's ridiculous. Cheesecake Seven and Loken make a lot of voyages. I just don't think you can go wrong with Cheesecake Seven in particular.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely get that Cheesecake Seven going. More than worth every cite you have.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Working Down the list:

Science officer Spock - IIRC he has, one of/if not, the highest event counts in the game and his voyage score is great.
    Alternate Future Dax - Statswise she is comparable to Honey Bare Dax and IIRC off the top of my head Alternate Dax's SCI score is better, slightly though.
    I think these two characters are your best options, Yarnek is pretty good also but Spock is a better alternative.

Gladiator Spock - SEC/SCI is a rare skill set, I just recently immortalised him myself and do not regret it at all.
    Captain Spock - he's 4/5 so you will get a decent stat boost by adding the 5th.
    Annika Hansen Seven - I guess this depends on whether your Engineering is strong or not but her voyage score is respectably good.

Personally I think you should work on one of those primaries, as you will get the most benefit of boosting SCI as a primary skill which is your fundamental aim. and then perhaps finish Captain Spock off that way you have 2 full strength Legendaries for 250k honor with another 250k to spare for a rainy day.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    P&I is already immortal, I hit him with a cite as soon as I got him.

I forgot about Mambo Picard, he is still in the mail box. He is also Dip/Sci/Com.
    I don't seem to have Solar Sails Sisko, maybe I did not claim him.
    Survivalist Kirk is also in the mail. He has a good skill set.

Loken I have just levelled, but will leave for now. My Engineering is strong enough.

My best immortal Science crew for voyages are:

Surak (Sci/Dip/Com)
    Picard & I (Sci/Dip/Com)
    Protomorphosis Barclay (Sci/Eng/Sec)
    EV Suit Seven (Sci/Sec/Com)
    Graduation Burnham (4* Sci/Eng)

Timekeeper Tenavik (Com/Sci/Dip)
    Q as "God" (Med/Sci/Dip)
    Torpedo McCoy (Med/Sci/Eng)
    Prospect Burnham (4* Sci/Eng/Dip)

I know it looks like a nice set, but the Graduation Burnham made a voyage last week.

So I guess it is Cheese cake seven, and either Science officer Spock or a Dax, plus a cite for Captain Spock. Science Officer Spock Sci/com/dip would be another Sci/Dip/Com combo.

With my cite from the campaign in two weeks, that will be 100k honor more than I want to spend, so this will take a while. (I have the 4* cites needed for seven).

In the longer term I will look at Gladiator Spock.

• Options
    I know it looks like a nice set, but the Graduation Burnham made a voyage last week.

A 1/5 Survivalist Kirk is close to both 4* Burnhams you list, at 2/5 he's already better for voyages than they are.
    e.g My 2/5 Survivalist Kirk has a voyage total of 2717 (with bonuses) ... Grad. Burnham has 2252 and Prospect Burnham 2661 (both with bonuses).

What this comes down to is ... consider freezing up your immortalised 4*s so that you can just focus on the 5* crew you have, be they 1/5 or immortal ... this will give you a really good and clear indication of how and where you can improve because you'll see which non-FF 5*s are along on voyages and what adding stars would potentially give you.

As for Mambo Picard ... he's just a good card all-round, both for voyages and other areas of the game.
    e.g. I have him 2/5 and he has a voyage total of 2858 ... of which 825 are on SCI (which goes to 1288 once immortalised) ... a sure help on any SCI voyage.

I'm not saying you should cite up Mambo Picard, but at least have him "in the conversation" as it were ... both he and Kirk, at 1/5, should be close to being auto-picks for any SCI voyage over a (2-skill) 4*. They can only get better, an immortalised 4* is already at their peak.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I get to my recommendations, I will say that I have gotten a ton of mileage out of Yarnek. Yarnek was the first legendary I finished through citations and has gone on a lot of voyages, including recent ones despite being somewhat of a power creep victim. He doesn’t go out in the ga

Anyway, there are a couple of solid options but I would put Indulgent Seven at the top of the list. Don’t feel bad about consuming your Mobile Doctor - even immortal, he’s on the bubble of going into the freezer because of the explosion of MED/SCI crew in recent months...between Qod, Torpedo Surgeon McCoy, Amanda Rogers, Mycelial Culber, Twilight T’Pol, and Juliana Tainer all getting immortalized since the Q mega, I have found that the only time I might need my Mobile Doctor is to fill a Hologram trait on a voyage (and as much as he’s been power-creeped, I should be putting someone else in those slots anyway). Cheesecake Seven has the same primary/secondary skills, a far more useful tertiary skill, better bases, better voyage scores, and more event utility.

Survivalist Kirk is another one I would recommend. Not only is he a solid voyager, the fact that he’s the only Kirk with SCI, the only Kirk with a good ENG base, and that Kirk events have been overwhelmingly tilted towards Faction rather than Galaxy/Skirmish types mean he punches well above his weight in events. Gladiator Spock falls in this category as well - also keep in mind that his secondary SCI base is higher than Survivalist Kirk’s (albeit without the strong proficiency Kirk has) and his SEC base is phenomenal. He’s not the only Spock with SEC but he is the only Spock with an even remotely good SEC skill.

Honorable mentions go to Loken (similar voyage numbers to the Caretaker, good bases, zero event usefulness), LtC Jadzia (good event potential but for voyages has largely been lost in the shuffle on my crew given the relative strength of the SCI/DIP combo), and Captain Spock (event potential in a Poor Man’s Timekeeper Tenavik form).

I can’t comment on SO Spock as I don’t have him but I will echo the comments on two-skill crew and LtC La Forge, who at 4/5* has stats that are virtually indistinguishable from my 1/5* Annika Hansen.

8t0ruoi8s6o1.jpeg
    qj6u7mby9j1a.jpeg
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Personally, I can't bring myself to cite SO Spock because I have his skill set covered so deeply that it's ridiculous.

I know what you mean, although he has already provided a good return on citations being bonus crew in 10 events since his event May/June last year.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO