Home Ready Room
Options

Should This Become a Long Voyage?

Situation: I need another Dr. Leonard McCoy ("A Higher Duty") and my 8h dilemma was its part 2. I also need Champion of the People for Ensign Picard. I have not had any parts of Champion. In my previous long voyage, I had the max AM (2950), which got me 138 minutes per revival token. I only have six bonus traits this time, for 2800 AM. How much time should I get out of these tokens? What is the most tokens I would need, if Champion 3 is the very last dilemma I get? I have 27 right now.

8eertwe1d35i.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should get 2:07 to 2:13 per revival. It seems unlikely that you will hit 10 hours without a revival. I'll assume 9.5 hours. That means you have 55.5 hours remaining if you skip the 3 skipable dilemmas. You should be able to achieve that with 25 or 26 revivals. I'd say you can do it. Just be careful. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should get 2:07 to 2:13 per revival. It seems unlikely that you will hit 10 hours without a revival. I'll assume 9.5 hours. That means you have 55.5 hours remaining if you skip the 3 skipable dilemmas. You should be able to achieve that with 25 or 26 revivals. I'd say you can do it. Just be careful. :)

Going by the AM/22 = minutes remaining formula, I should actually reach the 10th dilemma with two minutes to spare. In another thread, I advised another player in a similar situation to bail after getting the third part of one dilemma because they had to go back for that a second time and the third part of the other anyway. I don't have that concern since I only need one crew member from each part 3.

...UGH!
  • Options

Going by the AM/22 = minutes remaining formula, I should actually reach the 10th dilemma with two minutes to spare. In another thread, I advised another player in a similar situation to bail after getting the third part of one dilemma because they had to go back for that a second time and the third part of the other anyway. I don't have that concern since I only need one crew member from each part 3.

...UGH!

Actually, I meant 10-hour dilemma, not 10th dilemma. Sorry for the confusion. Also... I didn't answer the question of whether or not you should do it. But I do believe that you can, if you are motivated to do so.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

...UGH!

Actually, I meant 10-hour dilemma, not 10th dilemma. Sorry for the confusion. Also... I didn't answer the question of whether or not you should do it. But I do believe that you can, if you are motivated to do so.

Oh, no, you weren't confusing! I made the mistake and included a "t" that turned "10h" to "10th". And I did reach that dilemma with 106 AM remaining. Alas, it was "Cracks in the Wall" instead of something I need.
  • Options
    Did you decide to go for it, then?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I've been staring at that screen for half an hour! I just did the math again:

23 max dilemmas to clear, which happen every
    2 hours, which translates into
    46 hours to go, which translates into
    3480 minutes

At the low end of your calculation, I would get
    123 minutes per refill, so
    3480/46 = 28.29 crashes, which means
    29 tokens and I have
    27 tokens on hand

If I get the 133 minutes you calculated, then I end up with 26.17 crashes, which I could cover. Maybe I should let this one crash and then see how long the first refill lasts. That would only cost me one week.

Still, I can't shake that I only needed 21 tokens the last time, and my crew has since then. Plus, none of the ones I'd need will be bonus crew next week and I won't be going for rank then, anyway.

I've talked myself out of continuing. (...I think!)
  • Options
    i don't know where you get the 46 hours or 23 dilemma's.
    But perhaps you're forgetting you don't need tokens for the first 8 hours of the voyage?
  • Options
    i don't know where you get the 46 hours or 23 dilemma's.
    But perhaps you're forgetting you don't need tokens for the first 8 hours of the voyage?

I made it through the first 10 hours, as it happened. However, I flubbed the # of dilemmas. I cleared 5 of them, not 10, leaving me with 28 remaining. It's definitely for the best that I abandoned that one.