Home Ready Room
Options

What Is the Formula for Calculating How Much Time a Voyage Revival Token Should Provide?

In a previous voyage with the full 2950 starting Antimatter, I got 138 minutes per refill. I have no idea what the formula is for calculating what the time per refill is. Specifically, how long should a refill of 2900 AM last, but I'd like to know the formula for future reference.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quick and easy is AM/21. But there's actually some numbers after the decimal, so that's not exactly accurate. You could estimate AM/22 to be on the safe side. Or you could do both to get an approximate window of when you will run out of AM.
    This assumes that your voyage is in "free fall" because you are no longer succeeding skill checks.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    D'oh! It honestly never occurred to me that it was the same as calculating time remaining. That's how obtuse I am about math at this point in my life, apparently! To be conservative, I used 22 as the divisor. The quotient is 131.81 so we'll say 131 rather than round up. My primary skill is 12398, so I ought to pass some checks after the 10h mark for a bit. I think I'm gonna go for Ensign Picard with this one. I'm not competing for rank in this week's event, so I can spare the crew. What the hell, right?
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did some Excel wizardry and since I have all the 2 part voyage exclusives FF (meaning I need to hit at most 33 dilemmas), and just need Colonel Worf (who with my luck will come on the very last dilemma), I believe I can max out a voyage, assuming the low end of 22 min/AM, and I run a 8 hour natural with my voyage crew, running a ship with at least 2875 AM, with 23 tokens.

Which means I need 6 more tokens.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, well, I would advise holding off before committing any tokens to a long voyage. My latest froze and crashed, and while I can't get into the particulars, the relevant part is that I've been told that irrespective of how many tokens you have, it's not guaranteed that you'll be able to complete it because of a known issue that sets in after the 44 hour mark. The ticket is still ongoing, but let's just say that if I stop turning up it probably isn't because of the coronavirus.
  • Options
    Yeah, well, I would advise holding off before committing any tokens to a long voyage. My latest froze and crashed, and while I can't get into the particulars, the relevant part is that I've been told that irrespective of how many tokens you have, it's not guaranteed that you'll be able to complete it because of a known issue that sets in after the 44 hour mark. The ticket is still ongoing, but let's just say that if I stop turning up it probably isn't because of the coronavirus.

My last max voyage went off without a hitch but I’ve had them freeze as well.
  • Options
    Pleased to get 2 more voyage tokens from today's global gift. That gets me to 23!