Home The Holodeck
Options

Paranoid Panic hits Western Washington State! SERIOUSLY!

Comments

• Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    That's about it! :/
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    6rus9gmbjwx6.jpeg
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how long this social distancing is supposed to last? My wife keeps knocking and begging to be let in the house...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how long this social distancing is supposed to last? My wife keeps knocking and begging to be let in the house...

Don’t let her in!!!

• Options
    at least mid April if not May.
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    at least mid April if not May.

I hope not! (unless you are talking about letting David's wife in? LOL )

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I beat the crowds by staying one step ahead of them. Started a few days before most. But instead of going to the Walmart’s and such I went to Aldi, then the local grocery store, then the dollar store. I’m ready for a month. Bought about $700 worth. I’m not so much worried about the virus, I was worried about not having anything left in stores. Having a two year old who has battled her whole very short life, starting with 50 days in the NICU, this is nothing for me to play around with. Most of what I got was for her and if me and my wife have to live on her diet then so be it. I’m her daddy and I’ll be damned if I ever let her down. And people, PLEASE don’t forget about your dogs! They count on you too. Mine are set up for well over a month if need be.

@Banjo1012 , I thought of you when I saw this! 😈

yxgnhww1mjgd.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I beat the crowds by staying one step ahead of them. Started a few days before most. But instead of going to the Walmart’s and such I went to Aldi, then the local grocery store, then the dollar store. I’m ready for a month. Bought about $700 worth. I’m not so much worried about the virus, I was worried about not having anything left in stores. Having a two year old who has battled her whole very short life, starting with 50 days in the NICU, this is nothing for me to play around with. Most of what I got was for her and if me and my wife have to live on her diet then so be it. I’m her daddy and I’ll be damned if I ever let her down. And people, PLEASE don’t forget about your dogs! They count on you too. Mine are set up for well over a month if need be.

yxgnhww1mjgd.jpeg

Only two plastic meerkats!? That's outrageous! How am I supposed to complete my colony? We're talking essentials here.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

yxgnhww1mjgd.jpeg

Ha! They do sell the weirdest stuff at Aldi. I played it smart thigh. I was there beating the people who were all at the Walmart’s and such. I did see the scuba suit but decided it was not essential

• Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Meerkats? I hope they don't have any of those flea infested critters where I'm going! (No, not to hell in a handbasket :open_mouth: Sorry guys. )

The only good thing about this whole mess is the $1,200 'stimulus' check I will soon be getting!

That will be my ticket out of this dreary place called NW Washington! A one-way ticket to Pago Pago, American Samoa is about $725.
    And it's American soil too! Sand, sun, warm water, and chubby little native women! Paradise! I have been planning this for years and this money will finally make it possible.

Aaahh! To die happy ... and warm ... on the beach whilst slurping rum and raising tropical fish. :smiley:

oq5o2czdsmmy.jpg

utu7mvauwoih.jpg

Anybody here from American Samoa?????

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    0dd6cdcfyg2q.jpg
    For your amusement.
  • Options

Only two plastic meerkats!? That's outrageous! How am I supposed to complete my colony? We're talking essentials here.

I don't know if you've noticed, @DavideBooks , but my profile picture is a whole basket of toy meerkats! On sale at the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne.
  • Options
    They are now discussing deploying a mobile field hospital to Century Link Field in Seattle.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are now discussing deploying a mobile field hospital to Century Link Field in Seattle.

Wow! Now it’s really getting to be like a movie

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Are governor of Illinois ('s' silent because these tribes of Indians were named by Marquette) got the Chicago Mayor Lightfoot to cancel the St. Patrick's Day parade. I assume the parade would have been Sunday before.

On March 16th he was in communication with Joe Biden and decided to endorse him. The board of Elections was trying to get Pritzker to postpone the primaries. Pritzker gave an excuse that he does not have the power to do it. Just because you do not have the power does not mean you could not do it. Frankly, it is more likely to be transmitted in a room with people filing into it than people outdoors watching a parade. And, now they know the major way that the virus is caught is hand to face. And they know, the virus can survive on a metal surface for 14 days. Of course, Joe Biden knew by polls he won Illinois. He did not want the vote to be postponed. What did he tell Pritzker? He already said on the news there was no reason to worry about Coronavirus and the March 17th primaries did not need to be postponed. What did he promise Prizker if he let the primary go on?

I voted like an idiot. On Saturday night ,I have a dry cough. I wake up in the middle of the night with a fever. And I realized I was an idiot a second time, I did not wash my hands after I voted. In fact, I did not wash my hands until the next day. I was concerned about the primary not being postponed, but I too did not take Coronavirus seriously. When I wake up I know I most likely had it. I took some bee pollen I had with Propolis in it. Went back to sleep. Woke up still mild fever ate and took garlic capsules. Lunch bee pollen again. Dinner I took both bee pollen and garlic capsules ( only suppose to take twice a day. But I figured it would be ok to take 3 times) still had fever and dry cough. Got up Monday still have two of the major symptoms fever and cough. take both bee pollen and garlic capsules. Midday I started feeling good fever gone very occasional cough.
    Tuesday I think I have gotten over it. Talk to friend on phone for nearly two hours. All during this time I am doing something I have not done since I was a teenager I am it itching my eyes. I put my hand around my eyes and Itch around them with out lowering it about 5 times. I kept doing it through my conversation. I noticed. Was wondering why I was doing it. But, just kept talking on the phone. Late at night I watched and interview with a doctor who was testing the malaria drug and z-pack(?). Near the end of interview the doctor coughed. I know that everyone watching and me and the interviewer were thinking he had it. He finished his comment he was making, looked into camera and said, yes he had it. When he looked into camera I noticed he had a ring of redness around his eyes and they were bloodshot. I think his words were "this is the damnest thing".

I did not really link it at that point. I was again on the phone with same friend the next day I am itching my eyes again. We end the call. Watching the news, I see a new symptom that not everybody has, pink eyes. At this point I realize, not only that I still have it, but that it is Coronavirus. I call my health center told my symptoms, I already new the answer. Just wanted to see if they would say I can get tested. But, as I expected self isolate and stay home. I told her, I would be out of food and would need to go to store. I said, if I put latex gloves and mask on would it be okay. She said, yes.

I had not been out in the last 14 days except for the day before primary and the primary. The day before if I caught it, the people I was with, 3 directly and two a social distance away, should have had some one else catch it. Had to be from primary.

The day of primary no one did any of the '15 day to slow the virus'. No one was coughing or looked sick. Are governor and governor of Ohio was on TV being interviewed. Are governor was saying the primary was not going to be postponed, as well as, the Ohio governor was saying it. (Of course, Ohio governor did postpone it the night before) Pritzker says also that the election judges will be practicing hygiene and all of that. You know that statement was baloney . To have election judges practice proper hygiene for Coronavirus they need to be trained in a class. They also need to be given cleaning supplies. My guess they were given a letter how to practice hygiene for the primary. Possibly promised reimbursement for any cleaning supplies bought. Again there was no concern at my polling place that Coronavirus was around. Where I vote is a suburb of cook county one of the hot spots. My suburb is Burbank.

We had one death in Burbank from Coronavirus I was able to read about it in the online Chicago Tribune because they removed, the need for subscription, to read about deaths from Coronavirus in Illinois. Sad, that person now would have been told to go to hospital because of being overweight (thinking they might have had diabetes or been pre-diabetic, high risk groups for contracting and having serious complications)

I still have minor symptoms. I was thinking about talking to my health center again and see if I could get tested, but I realize it is pointless because I would not be given results until at least two days after. So, isolation and wait for the prick finger test. To see if I have antibodies to the virus. But, I guess I cannot do that if I still have symptoms.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I should mention again I feel fine. I cough rarely and slight fever off and on. The itching eyes has stopped for the most part. I started washing my hands it helped me to stop itching my eyes. In fact, after the realization I still had it, I went and washed my hands, I needed to itch so I did. I did not feel the need to keep itching. Must have something to do with the hands having the virus on it and itching.

The morning of the day I went to get groceries was the worst I felt. I showered before going, dressed, and put on gloves and mask. (I found out I needed to cut my nails after shopping because even with a little nail, my thumb nails, ripped the latex while I shopped. ) I was shocked how many people were there, it was full of people. Most of the people reacted like there was no Coronavirus. Saw two or three other shoppers with mask cannot remember if they had gloves. All the workers were under the age of 50, not normal for my store. All the workers wore gloves and masks, glad of that. I got home. I had a pepper jack sandwich. Made my nose run. I cleaned out my sinuses, and realized that since I caught the virus this was the best I had felt. Strange that was Friday, I felt the worst and the best on the same day.

I realize if you keep cleaning especially the sinuses and hands. It helps in fighting this virus.
    Edit: also read it is a good idea to gargle with mouthwash too.
    I would add floss and brush your teeth too. But this might be assumed.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Awe Waldomag. I’m so sorry you got it but also glad it’s not too bad for you. I have to admit, when the wife and I were sick these past few weeks I told her I’m 85% certain we had it. She of course is in denial and thinks we had everything but corona. I on the other hand am realistic, not idealistic. Pretty sure we had it and recovered. Keep us posted my friend and man you are close to me! Do you live in. Burbank? I’m in Lockport. The next town over from Joliet
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Awe Waldomag. I’m so sorry you got it but also glad it’s not too bad for you. I have to admit, when the wife and I were sick these past few weeks I told her I’m 85% certain we had it. She of course is in denial and thinks we had everything but corona. I on the other hand am realistic, not idealistic. Pretty sure we had it and recovered. Keep us posted my friend and man you are close to me! Do you live in. Burbank? I’m in Lockport. The next town over from Joliet

Ya, we had this comment way back when the new forum got created about where we lived. Thanks.

There are three symptoms that if you have one of, you could have it. These three just about cover all colds and flus though.

avz53nxmpzix.png

I think if you think you have it, it is more than likely you have a logical reason why.
    Problem is with us having mild symptoms we cannot get tested.

But when the finger prick test is here in Illinois. When we do not have symptoms. Probably will need to call first about it. That test should show that we have the antibodies to Coronavirus. They may want blood I am guessing if we are willing to help with creating a antiviral plasma. Will have to find out if I can do that, because I had a kidney infection when I was young and had jaundice and cannot give blood. But, I might be able to do this because I do not think it is the same as being a blood donor. I think it is processed to create plasma. I will find out. But, I do have to be right about having it.

Also just heard. May be a little late for us but. If you do two things you will not get Coronavirus.

1. Do not touch your face with your hands.
    2. Wash your hands.

You catch it by touching your eyes mouth or nose with your hands.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Ya, we had this comment way back when the new forum got created. Thanks.

Also just heard. May be a little late for us but. If you do two things you will not get Coronavirus.

2. Wash your hands.

I do remember that. I think you were fishing at the time we talked about where we lived. Stay strong my friend but don’t expect me to visit. Not cuz of the virus but because my ex-wife lives in Bridgeview! Thank you for sharing this with us. It’s a wake up call to know one of our own contracted it. And it gave me the courage to admit I most likely had it myself. As I said, keep us posted. You’re a good dude and I’m sure we are all concerned for your health.

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Ya, we had this comment way back when the new forum got created. Thanks.

2. Wash your hands.

I do remember that. I think you were fishing at the time we talked about where we lived. Stay strong my friend but don’t expect me to visit. Not cuz of the virus but because my ex-wife lives in Bridgeview! Thank you for sharing this with us. It’s a wake up call to know one of our own contracted it. And it gave me the courage to admit I most likely had it myself. As I said, keep us posted. You’re a good dude and I’m sure we are all concerned for your health.

Same for you and your family. I will say Banjo too. But he is family, so I guess I did not have too. I am single, so no others here to be concerned about.

Stay healthy 👍

I do think I remember talking about fishing at the time. Probably was talking about when I grew up in Chicago near Wrigley Field.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear it. I hope you get well.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Sorry to hear it. I hope you get well.

Thanks all. I was scared in the morning my chest felt like something was in my lungs. But, when I stood up was feeling ok just a little congestion. Did my cleaning routine was really feeling better. I feel like it is just about over. I Will know more when I wake up tomorrow. Mornings seem to be when I feel the worst.

Found out about plasma donating says the rules are same as blood except for emergencies. So, I will have to call and find out more when the test for antibodies is available here.

Edit:next day 3/30 I am better this morning. I hope to be free of symptoms tomorrow. Right now I have congestion by my esophagus. I have this since about Wednesday not really bad but yesterday morning's was the worst. I have been gargling with listerine think it is helping, but could just be the virus losing its fight.

I have had moments of a strange taste in my mouth. Wonder if that taste leads to losing ones taste and smell. Now that this congestion is breaking up, I am getting more of that taste in my mouth. Edit: I have not lost my taste. I can taste that strange taste. edit: I started taking garlic tablets instead of capsules.

Again, I floss my teeth, brush them, gargle, clean out my sinuses and wash my hands. I believe this can keep the virus from getting bad.

Showering at least everyday, twice might be better, I think helps too.

Usually when I am feeling worse with a sickness, I do not shower. Basically because I am not well enough to do it. I just stay in bed, only get up to drink something and take something like garlic capsules. I have not been that bad though out this coronavirus (I have not been tested symptoms too minor) The worst I felt was the day I had to go shopping, and after i got back and cleaned out my sinuses, I felt the best. And on that day, I showered first before going out. So when I felt the worst I showered. I was not sick enough not to shower.

Hopefully tomorrow. I can say symptoms gone👍🙂

Again if you are having difficulty breathing, the recommedation is go to the hospital. If you are diabetic or prediabetic and are experiencing one or more of three symptoms, fever, shortness of breat(not severe), or, cough. You probably need to be tested. This is important. Because it hits those with diabetes much harder.

If you have severe shortness of breath you have to got to hospital.

Very important do not touch your face with hands. Wash your hands. After washing I still think it is wise to keep hands away from nose, eyes, and mouth.
    Tissue should probably be used for direct contact. Though make sure you know they are not suspect.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Well, woke up cold. Yesterday was a warm day I guess. I was sweating at night took shower. My sweating smelled like that strange taste I have been getting in my mouth. I showered. This morning woke up cold. Change in temperatures is bad for any illness. You want a constant comfortable temperature. I woke up fever. It is my chest (mildly) that congestion in throat is almost gone. Sinuses tough to clean not much there. I have some cayenne pepper going to try to get my sinuses runny. So slight set back. But still not the worst or second worst I felt. I will just keep up with what I am doing.

I did not mention that I have been taking my bee pollen with propolis 3 times a day all along and my garlic two times a day the whole time. I ran out of my Kyolic garlic immune formula 103 on Saturday. I found out my order on Thursday was back ordered. I kept looking to see if it came. Did not realize it had gone out of stock when I had ordered it. Must be in demand right now. I had been telling a friend about it and at the time I found a bottle of 2000 mg Garlic tablets , still good. So I switched to that Saturday night. Do not think that matters. But possible that is the reason I went backwards today too. But, I believe it is the large change in temperature that set me back. Hopefully, this will be gone tomorrow. I changed my thermostat form 71 to 73. Hope that keeps the temperature more consistent in my bed room.

Edit: I have changed my mind. I think what I feel in the chest I have had for a while. I am noticing it because I do not have the congestion by esophagus. So progressively feeling better, but did wake up with slight fever again.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, woke up cold. Yesterday was a warm day I guess. I was sweating at night took shower. My sweating smelled like that strange taste I have been getting in my mouth. I showered. This morning woke up cold. Change in temperatures is bad for any illness. You want a constant comfortable temperature. I woke up fever. It is my chest (mildly) that congestion in throat is almost gone. Sinuses tough to clean not much there. I have some cayenne pepper going to try to get my sinuses runny. So slight set back. But still not the worst or second worst I felt. I will just keep up with what I am doing.

I did not mention that I have been taking my bee pollen with propolis 3 times a day all along and my garlic two times a day the whole time. I ran out of my Kyolic garlic immune formula 103 on Saturday. I found out my order on Thursday was back ordered. I kept looking to see if it came. Did not realize it had gone out of stock when I had ordered it. Must be in demand right now. I had been telling a friend about it and at the time I found a bottle of 2000 mg Garlic tablets , still good. So I switched to that Saturday night. Do not think that matters. But possible that is the reason I went backwards today too. But, I believe it is the large change in temperature that set me back. Hopefully, this will be gone tomorrow. I changed my thermostat form 71 to 73. Hope that keeps the temperature more consistent in my bed room.

Edit: I have changed my mind. I think what I feel in the chest I have had for a while. I am noticing it because I do not have the congestion by esophagus. So progressively feeling better, but did wake up with slight fever again.

Keep fighting my friend. It sounds like it will be past you soon and that makes me happy!

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep fighting my friend. It sounds like it will be past you soon and that makes me happy!

Thanks, and I am😉🙂👍
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doh! The stange taste I have been getting started with me taking the garlic tablet instead of the capsule. This has nothing to do with coronavirus. I t also explains the smell in my sweat.🙄
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doh! The stange taste I have been getting started with me taking the garlic tablet instead of the capsule. This has nothing to do with coronavirus. I t also explains the smell in my sweat.🙄

Ha! So you smell like an Italian restaurant? That’s not so bad

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, now you are also extra safe from vampires!

Joking aside, continue to take good care of yourself and feel better soon <3
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Well, now you are also extra safe from vampires!

Joking aside, continue to take good care of yourself and feel better soon <3

Ha! Something tells me they are immune though