Home The Holodeck
Options

PSA: Stay safe and be kind. Be a raccoon: wear a mask, wash your hands :) And: have a good air flow!

Comments

• Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spain is different.

"Catalonia officials had ordered the home confinement to be imposed on the city of Lérida [Lleida] and its surrounding areas a week after the zone had been placed under a less strict lockdown.

But a Spanish court on Monday ruled against the measure, considering it “disproportionate” and a decision which had to be made by Spain’s national government.

"The Lérida district court has decided not to ratify the measures of the July 12th resolution," the Catalan supreme court said on its Twitter account, although the decision can be appealed."

https://www.thelocal.es/20200713/spanish-court-suspends-lockdown-in-virus-hit-catalonia-area-despite-regions-surge-in-infections
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think this is the most stupid thing I read in all this time.

Police in Spain [Navarra] are investigating reports of an "infected vs. non-infected" coronavirus football [soccer] match being organised on social media.

The match -- which was to feature a team of players who had previously contracted the virus facing a team who had not -- was intended to raise money for charity, with proceeds going to the fight against the coronavirus.

The cyber crime unit of Navarra's Chartered Police are investigating possible public health offences committed by the organisers, due to the danger of possible mass infection at such an event.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/spanish-primera-division/story/4139733/covid-19-police-investigate-infected-vs-non-infected-match-in-spain

The guy behind this madness has already identified and has been accused for break the municipal regulations, because for now, he can't been accused for being a total idiot. This guy already organised a gathering in a lake in June too.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    blcilg62ocom.jpg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy times are crazy.
    We will pull through, with our mask on :)

Speaking of masks, I've discovered that flat elastic are ok for my ears, but round ones are not.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Crazy times are crazy.

Speaking of masks, I've discovered that flat elastic are ok for my ears, but round ones are not.

I finally found one that does not go around the ears. A little inconvenient to put on and take off, but much better when I have to wear a mask for longer than 30 minutes.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy times are crazy.

I finally found one that does not go around the ears. A little inconvenient to put on and take off, but much better when I have to wear a mask for longer than 30 minutes.

Nice!
    Yes, I am looking into alternatives as well, or one of those gizmos to deal with the elastic bands in another manner.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope everyone is doing as OK as is possible :)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Despite taking all precautions, I now have 8 of the symptoms on the CDC’s list (below) and am in self-isolation for 10 days. :(

“Watch for symptoms

People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    New loss of taste or smell
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

This list does not include all possible symptoms. CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.”

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Despite taking all precautions, I now have 8 of the symptoms on the CDC’s list (below) and am in self-isolation for 10 days. :(

“Watch for symptoms

People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

This list does not include all possible symptoms. CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.”

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
    🖖

Please seek medical attention if things get bad. I know some people are scared of hospitals more than normal right now, but getting care may be critical if things worsen for you. Thank you for starting with isolation, but remember to care for yourself too. I'm sure we all wish you a speedy recovery, no matter what the illness.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

Oh no!
    I am so sorry.
    Please take good care of yourself. Is there easy testing in your area?

• Options

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

Please seek medical attention if things get bad. I know some people are scared of hospitals more than normal right now, but getting care may be critical if things worsen for you. Thank you for starting with isolation, but remember to care for yourself too. I'm sure we all wish you a speedy recovery, no matter what the illness.

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

Oh no!
    I am so sorry.

Thank you both for your kind words. I am following the recommended protocols from the CDC and my state department of health. Unfortunately, there is no easy testing in my area, so I am monitoring my symptoms on a daily basis to see if they improve or worsen.

I might not be online again for a while, but it helps my state of mind to know that y'all care. 🖖

Sincerely,
    ~peregrine~
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

Oh no!
    I am so sorry.

Thank you both for your kind words. I am following the recommended protocols from the CDC and my state department of health. Unfortunately, there is no easy testing in my area, so I am monitoring my symptoms on a daily basis to see if they improve or worsen.

I might not be online again for a while, but it helps my state of mind to know that y'all care. 🖖

Sincerely,
    ~peregrine~

We do - sending good vibes your way :)
  • Options

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

Oh no!
    I am so sorry.

Sincerely,
    ~peregrine~

I do hope you'll let us know when things improve for you.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you get better soon.
  • Options
    Yeah, take care of yourself, and I hope you get well very soon!

These last days I barely entered the forum because my mom has been hospitalized. We go to the hospital two weeks ago because she had a high fever for a couple of days, she get tested twice and the twice were negative. In the end was a biliary colic, so next week they're going to made a surgery to remove her gallbladder. Now she's fine, and the doctors see the surgery like something almost routine, and she won't have any problem after that.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, take care of yourself, and I hope you get well very soon!

These last days I barely entered the forum because my mom has been hospitalized. We go to the hospital two weeks ago because she had a high fever for a couple of days, she get tested twice and the twice were negative. In the end was a biliary colic, so next week they're going to made a surgery to remove her gallbladder. Now she's fine, and the doctors see the surgery like something almost routine, and she won't have any problem after that.

I am glad your mom is better, and will soon have some peace of mind that it won't happen again :)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Thank you, but the truth is that I don't know when we'd have again some peace of mind. This morning they moved my mom to other room because they want to clear up and have ready one floor of the hospital. They don't say why they want to have an entire floor ready, but I guess the reason it's pretty obvious (and the ICU is in the fist floor too).

Yesterday we have almost 3,000 new more positives in Spain (almost one third, over 700, in Madrid), and the Thursday the same, and the numbers are been escalating all this week. So we're now in the "second wave" of COVID, and they're already taking measures (my mom is in a private hospital, that always would suffer a bit less that a public one).

Yesterday, the Ministry of Health, in accordance with all the regional governments, announced that discos, nightclubs and dancing halls will be shut, and restaurants and bars will be required to close by 1am, with no new guests allowed in from midnight.

The night life here is a great source (probably the greatest right now) for contagion because many young people ignore all the recommendations and they do what they want no matter what happens. Because they are sure that if they get infected they would be asymptomatic, so who cares? (For the record, I'm 35 years old, so I'm not an old man complaining about the young people xD) They don't care about others, and fortunately, until now we're been able to contain the virus without another lockdown, but if the things go on like this, I don't know if we'd have another lockdown in the future.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, but the truth is that I don't know when we'd have again some peace of mind. This morning they moved my mom to other room because they want to clear up and have ready one floor of the hospital. They don't say why they want to have an entire floor ready, but I guess the reason it's pretty obvious (and the ICU is in the fist floor too).

Yesterday we have almost 3,000 new more positives in Spain (almost one third, over 700, in Madrid), and the Thursday the same, and the numbers are been escalating all this week. So we're now in the "second wave" of COVID, and they're already taking measures (my mom is in a private hospital, that always would suffer a bit less that a public one).

Yesterday, the Ministry of Health, in accordance with all the regional governments, announced that discos, nightclubs and dancing halls will be shut, and restaurants and bars will be required to close by 1am, with no new guests allowed in from midnight.

The night life here is a great source (probably the greatest right now) for contagion because many young people ignore all the recommendations and they do what they want no matter what happens. Because they are sure that if they get infected they would be asymptomatic, so who cares? (For the record, I'm 35 years old, so I'm not an old man complaining about the young people xD) They don't care about others, and fortunately, until now we're been able to contain the virus without another lockdown, but if the things go on like this, I don't know if we'd have another lockdown in the future.

I am sorry :(
    This whole situation is mind boggling.
  • Options
    Yeah. Yesterday we have a protest in Madrid (around 1,000 people) against the use of masks, because here the use of masks is mandatory.

Protesters held up home-made placards featuring slogans that included "The virus does not exist", "Masks kill" and "We are not afraid".

The demonstration drew a variety of attendees, including conspiracy theorists, libertarians and opponents of vaccination and 5G.

https://youtu.be/0g8E9jqUtZI

Well, this thing it's too serious, but this people is to make fun of them. I hope they're ready, because many of them will receive a beutiful penalty of 600€ and the organizers may be charged with a crime against the public health. The organizers even lied to the government delegation of Madrid (the body that, among other things, allows or not the protest in Madrid) about the motives of the protest, and they even guaranteed the social distancing and the use of masks.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see this pandemic as a test of our empathy/humanity.
    We could do better, we need to do better, and fortunately a lot of people want to do just that. But of course they are more discreet than others so it feels we are all alone :)

• Options
    edited August 2020

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

Oh no!
    I am so sorry.

Sincerely,
    ~peregrine~

My symptoms have abated significantly since first presenting on August 10th, although I still have a lingering few (cough, headache, fatigue). I feel much better after following the CDC guidance re: fluids, rest and e.g. Advil™️ Multi-Symptom whatzit.

Today marks the end of my 10-day self-isolation, as well as 14-18 days from my potential exposure, so I will “mask up” and carry a 6-foot pole with me when I venture out to forage for food later today. 😷

Live long and prosper, y’all. 🖖
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    My symptoms have abated significantly since first presenting on August 10th, although I still have a lingering few (cough, headache, fatigue). I feel much better after following the CDC guidance re: fluids, rest and e.g. Advil™️ Multi-Symptom whatzit.

Today marks the end of my 10-day self-isolation, as well as 14-18 days from my potential exposure, so I will “mask up” and carry a 6-foot pole with me when I venture out to forage for food later today. 😷

I am very glad to read that you are feeling better! :)
    Continue to take good care of yourself.
  • Options

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

Oh no!
    I am so sorry.

Sincerely,
    ~peregrine~

I'm also glad to hear that you've improved. Not sure about your location, but I was able to take the antibody test for $65. The peace of mind made it worthwhile to me. The virus affects people differently, so you never know. If you're feeling up to it in a couple days, you could consider the antibody test.

Anyway, I hope things continue to improve and I'm happy that you posted back here.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

I am very glad to read that you are feeling better! :)
    Continue to take good care of yourself.

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

“Watch for symptoms

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

🖖

Oh no!
    I am so sorry.

Sincerely,
    ~peregrine~

I'm also glad to hear that you've improved. Not sure about your location, but I was able to take the antibody test for $65. The peace of mind made it worthwhile to me. The virus affects people differently, so you never know. If you're feeling up to it in a couple days, you could consider the antibody test.

Anyway, I hope things continue to improve and I'm happy that you posted back here.

Once again, I thank you both, as well as @DavideBooks and @Haere Lintesereg , for your kindness. It really does help. 🖖
  • Options
    I'm glad that you're better, and like says @Prime Lorca [10FH], if your symptoms persist, you could go to the doctor or do the test (I don't really know how all of this works over there).

In any case, I hope you'll be better soon, and take care of yourself!
  • Options
    I'm glad that you're better, and like says @Prime Lorca [10FH], if your symptoms persist, you could go to the doctor or do the test (I don't really know how all of this works over there).

In any case, I hope you'll be better soon, and take care of yourself!
    My next sabbatical begins after this mega concludes. I hope y’all have fun. 🖖

Thank you, @Haere Lintesereg , and I sincerely hope that you & your loved ones are healthy & safe. This virus is no joke, y’all.
  • Options
    Thanks @~peregrine~, we're fine. My mom was discharged yesterday and she's already resting in home.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone :)

Haere, I am glad your mom is doing better!
    I hope the same goes for you, Peregrine :)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    “So long, and thanks for all the fish.” 🖖

3lvwpodcudzf.jpeg