Home Ready Room
Options

Which 3* to airlock?

The “don’t airlock spreadsheet” says to airlock most of the following, but some seem to be important for weekend cadet missions. Which would be best to keep, and which to airlock. I don’t want to lose too many MEDs/SCIs.

jgxk6fk9exn8.jpeg

Comments

• Options
    I'm no mega-expert, but of those pictured I've frozen all but Torres and Saavik, as the others aren't essential crew for Sat/Sun.
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Saavik would be the only must keep for me (I go with her, Cretak and Money when it comes to the Sat. Challange).
    But I would keep Torres anyway - because she is way to cool :)
    Ah, no, no way, there are so many here I would keep - buy more Slots.
    Live long and prosper.
    Not a Native English speaker - be lenient toward me
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd put La Forge and Brahms in the freezer. You're not gonna lose them, its not an airlock as they are immortalized.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Further to what has already been noted, the primary reason to keep any 3* crew in your active quarters is to do the Saturday and Sunday cadet challenges. So, for example, La Forge is an easy choice to freeze, as he is neither female nor alien.

Once all weekend cadet challenges have been 'completed' (i.e., you have claimed all the Rare Rewards), then many players pick just one mission on Saturday and one on Sunday that they run every weekend, ignoring all the rest. And then for these 2 missions they have chosen, they keep in their active crew the bare minimum crew they need (typically only about 4 characters) to get through those 2 missions.

This of course assumes one has stronger 4* or 5* crew, and does not require any 3* characters for other parts of the game.
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    I’ve got higher level crew, I do vary the Sat/Sun mission (not all complete yet - epics) to pickup certain equipment, wouldn’t want to be tied to just one option. I realise they’ll get frozen, done plenty of that, it’s just difficult to get them back out due to crew slots, that’s why I need to get rid of some.
  • Options
    It would be easier to make helpful recommendations if you would provide a full list of all your currently active 3*'s.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    LaForge and Bashir (Augment isn't alien, is it?) should be the easy choices to dismiss, because they cannot help on either Saturday nor Sunday.

Hope that helps Amigo B)
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    LaForge and Bashir (Augment isn't alien, is it?) should be the easy choices to dismiss, because they cannot help on either Saturday nor Sunday.

Hope that helps Amigo B)

Bashir can do Sunday... for some unknown reason.. apparently Augment is Alien to DB.

but LaForge definitely needs iceboxing and defrost for a "featured crew" when it occurs.
  • Options
    Only keepers there are Saavik and Torres. I wouldn't space the rest, but since you can vault them I'd do so.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Bashir can do Sunday... for some unknown reason.. apparently Augment is Alien to DB.
    Augment =/= Human as much as Vulcan =/= Romulan. Bashir is different Augment though...
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep Saavik and Torres ... form your FF/FE crew.

B'Etor ... I'd keep as is at the moment ... but I would level to 99 (if going for The Duras Sisters)/100 if you have the trainers ... that opens ups her items and they might come up in Dabo, drop from good Gauntlet runs or loot boxes at the end of Gauntlet if you are lucky (e.g. I had La Forge's 4* visor drop from a Gauntlet loot box).
    Odo ... level and equip to 100 and vault (plenty of other good SEC crew for Sunday ... e.g. Spock)

It is a pity that your 3* crew after Odo can't be seen, that it where you can probably also make some progress with regards to prioritising to level and vault.
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    A question about Duras Sisters. I have them at level 1 (as shown), but when I fused B’Etor and Lursa instead of replacing one of their active crew slots, the Sisters went into the waiting room. Eventually, I will fuse the 99 B’Etor. If the same thing happens, and the fused sisters go into waiting room, will they maintain their level 99, and can they be fused with the active level 1 sisters to create 2/4 level 99 sisters?

Here’s the rest of my 3* (and 2*) crew:
    auyjwh2uzqtj.png

5d2hom03g64u.png

an88jqvpcgbj.png

03okhrjx4e9m.png

8majpcrkdjeq.png
  • Options
    The only thing I can come up with is that the game saw The Duras Sisters as someone new and put them at the "back of the line" of the crew you have in overflow.

On that note ... how come you have so many overflow crew? My advice: stop doing portal pulls until you can actually fit the new crew onto your roster ... that helps to keep those stressful situations at bay of having to quickly level and vault crew to get the new ons onto your roster ... and so having to ditch your best crew each time to take on currently weaker crew (but with maybe a better future potential).
    It is best to have one or two slots permanently open so you can take on crew that come in from events (this weekend will bring in a minimum of 3 different crew with a possibility of 2 more if you do well, so you'll need 3-5 open slots if you want to incorporate them into your crew!)

2*s
    Well, you are set with the optimal crew for Cadet Challenges ... level and vault the ones you do not need, or only need to crit a node.
    I also do not use Kira ever, so vaulted her ... once you've gotten all the EPIC stars on Thursday, ELITE is better to run and Seska can do the SEC nodes there.
    Choose between Ro and Sito, I use Sito, as she has other skills too.

3*s
    Complicated ... now I can see that Pulaski is your Sat. MED, so if you want to do (and pass) MED nodes you need to keep her ... check to see if you can run missions that do not have MED.

Level and vault all human male 3*s (including Scotty) that you have FF ... get Paris up and out asap, also McCoy, Barclay etc. They are taking up valuable space and can easily be replaced (or brought back once vaulted).

Vault Bashir and replace him with Phlox.

Odo can be vaulted and replaced with Hugh, who in turn can be vaulted and replaced with Tailor Garak (once FF) ... who in turn can be replaced by Idrin etc. etc. (Garak is actually your best option, or Odo, but this is the most efficient way to use your crew space without airlocking someone).

Then look at who can replace who ...
    e.g. Cretak can be Sat/Sun DIP, so Brunt is not really needed ...
    Dukat is great but he cannot work both weekend days (Saavik can take those CMD duties).
    Torres had ENG, so both Brahms and Lefler are not really needed (though they may have traits you need to unlock nodes, check the wiki).

Anyway, that should be a good place to start.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    The overflows are from voyages and events, rarely do many portal pulls. I tend to get overrun with event winnings, normally 4* trying to get them in, but difficult to get the out (FF)!
    Bashir serves me quite well in Gauntlet, although it’s getting a lot more difficult to rank very high.
    Odo has served me well in the arena, but that’s getting more difficult too since moving up the ranks!
    Thanks for you time and analysis anyway.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe someone has said if you favorite the two duras sisters before merging that they stay on your roster
  • Options
    I haven't gotten a 3* ... let alone a 4* from Voyages (only ever gotten 2 4*s, one who I already had FF) in a very long time, and I usually run them around 6-6.5 hrs lately (my third dilemma is usually either a component or a 2*) ... heh, why I forgot about that source.

Bashir - if you are using a 3* in Gauntlet then yes it will be difficult to rank high. If you value Gauntlet a lot then your best bet is to level good 4*s (or 5*s) ... the best way to get good 4*s on your crew is to vault all crew that are not essential in the 1* to 3* range.

Odo - meh, if he's good for you in Arena, then at least get him to 100 asap, he'll be better ... remember that that Arena category brings in 1000 credits for a win and some 3* ship schematics (who uses 3* ships?) ... in my humble opinion this is not worth it if you are air locking 4*s to maintain your Arena rank ... my Arena crew consists of random non-FF 4*s, and 5*s and the 2*s and 3*s that I use for cadet challenges, believe me, they do fine.

Again, my advice is to think long-term ... nearly all 3* and below are replaceable, be it with other 3*s or with 1/4 crew (or better) ... a 1/4 is often just as good (stat-wise) as a 3/3 at level 100 ... as you say, 4*s are difficult to get FF and out, so the crew to get out are those 3*s (and below) that can easily be replaced (e.g. Odo and Bashir).
    What I did in the past was to focus on one 2* or 3* to immortalise and one 4* to level at the same time. Kinda balance my crew needs etc., while at the same time building up an stockpile of immortalised crew to use in events, unlock nodes etc. They set 3* and 2* crew that I knew I wanted to keep were the last on my list to level (more or less). I'm a collector and this worked fine for the way I wanted to play this game ... I do not spend money on it anymore (after a few monthly cards at the start of this year) so I expect it all to take a long time and not to do well in each event etc. that comes around.

As I write, this my voyage is returning with 3 3*s ... heh, what are the odds ... still only got Nurse Kes at the 6 hr mark, but hey. :)
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    Thanks, well done on you last voyage! Mine only every last 4hrs +, never reached 5 hrs yet, let alone the third dilemma. I have only ever got 2 4*’s from voyages, Apollo & Berlinghoff Rasmussen, never even heard of him!
  • Options
    there is a spreadsheet somewhere that details the rewards ... 4*s are more likely to come up after 6 hrs. so, considering two have dropped for you that can be considered excellent returns!

Apollo will probably help you out on MED voyages, even at 1/4. His base stats are poor, but because of a good MED roll he might be better than some other options your are running ... also, because of the poor base stats he'll not be of use for Shuttles, so can be used exclusively for Voyages.
    He also beats Bashir for a MED slot in the Gauntlet, another reason to vault Bashir.

The more info you provide the clearer it becomes that the options mentioned above are surplus and can easily be vaulted for (potential) better options. The only thing you need to do is set up a good levelling and vaulting schedule to free up space and to strengthen your crew in the breadth. You have so many options were to start that it basically comes down to deciding what you would like to do first.
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    I may as well go for full disclosure, so here is the rest of my crew, which will give the full picture of where I’m at, any suggestions welcome, and thanks for your time.

nv09j2v1wcru.png

frtv3g1ntha4.png

4ji2w3dfbd7r.png

r9dlk637kckl.png

ahm8t6qrafoh.png

ncasohjgu4tu.png

vzgiqsgo7a7t.png

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice, based on those screenshots...

Airlock Clairborne Chekov -- he hasn't been featured or bonus in an event in ages (if ever...?), and his stats are just not good, even FF. Since you've just got him at 1/4 -- I say make him walk the plank.

It looks like that should bump Klingon O'Brien up to active duty. Immediately fuse him with his other 3 copies.

Dump Keevan and Glinn Damar. If you really want either of them, you'll see them again many times. ;) I'd probably space Koloth, too. Gilora... eh, she can potentially be helpful, but I see no problem in sending her out the airlock also. You've got 3* SCI well-covered. Saavik is all I ever need for SCI.

But I get the feeling you must have been airlocking a lot of 3* crew, since you appear to have so few in relation to 4* crew, yes? Or maybe you've frozen a lot of them? In either case, you are missing a lot of crew that you need for weekend cadet challenges. First, freeze (send to cryostasis) Subcommander T'Pol and Holodeck 3 Brahms. They won't be needed.

Then keep your eyes peeled for the following crew (in either premium pulls or from Voyages), or if you have them in cryo, unfreeze these:
    • Lwaxana Troi (for DIP)
    • Private S. Money (for SEC) and/or
    • Talos IV Spock (for SEC)
    • Ensign Mendon (very helpful in one particular weekend mission, as you can use his ENG on a middle node and his SCI on the final node)
    • Commander Kang (only if you care about doing well in the Arena, in the Captain Division -- see the recent thread about him for more info)

Right now that's all I'm currently using as far as rare crew, although I have already cleared all the weekend missions on Epic, so if you haven't done so, you might need additional 3* crew for some of that.

Once you've done all that, then you can start thinking about possibly getting rid of some of your other 1/4's... ones I'd suggest taking a long hard look at include Defiant Cmdr. Worf, Berlinghoff Rasmussen, Mirror Archer, and Doctor Chapel. With your limited slots, there's no way you'll be able to hang on to all the 4* crew that you get, so you'll need to be a little brutal -- until you can get some of them leveled up and then frozen, in order to clear more space.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    My advice, based on those screenshots...

Airlock Clairborne Chekov -- he hasn't been featured or bonus in an event in ages (if ever...?), and his stats are just not good, even FF. Since you've just got him at 1/4 -- I say make him walk the plank.

It looks like that should bump Klingon O'Brien up to active duty. Immediately fuse him with his other 3 copies.

Dump Keevan and Glinn Damar. If you really want either of them, you'll see them again many times. ;) I'd probably space Koloth, too. Gilora... eh, she can potentially be helpful, but I see no problem in sending her out the airlock also. You've got 3* SCI well-covered. Saavik is all I ever need for SCI.

But I get the feeling you must have been airlocking a lot of 3* crew, since you appear to have so few in relation to 4* crew, yes? Or maybe you've frozen a lot of them? In either case, you are missing a lot of crew that you need for weekend cadet challenges. First, freeze (send to cryostasis) Subcommander T'Pol and Holodeck 3 Brahms. They won't be needed.

Then keep your eyes peeled for the following crew (in either premium pulls or from Voyages), or if you have them in cryo, unfreeze these:
    • Lwaxana Troi (for DIP)
    • Private S. Money (for SEC) and/or
    • Talos IV Spock (for SEC)
    • Ensign Mendon (very helpful in one particular weekend mission, as you can use his ENG on a middle node and his SCI on the final node)
    • Commander Kang (only if you care about doing well in the Arena, in the Captain Division -- see the recent thread about him for more info)

Right now that's all I'm currently using as far as rare crew, although I have already cleared all the weekend missions on Epic, so if you haven't done so, you might need additional 3* crew for some of that.

Once you've done all that, then you can start thinking about possibly getting rid of some of your other 1/4's... ones I'd suggest taking a long hard look at include Defiant Cmdr. Worf, Berlinghoff Rasmussen, Mirror Archer, and Doctor Chapel. With your limited slots, there's no way you'll be able to hang on to all the 4* crew that you get, so you'll need to be a little brutal -- until you can get some of them leveled up and then frozen, in order to clear more space.

Claiborne Chekov was event crew for A Brute Squad and its Rerun both in 2016
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I have Lwaxana Troi (for DIP) in Cryo.
    I've seen and possibly had a few times Private S. Money (for SEC), but airlocked.
    I've got Talos IV Spock (for SEC) recently and is now 2/3*.
    I've had Ensign Mendon (and Morn) for a while, and a recent voyage got them both to 3/3.
    Commander Kang is in Cryo - I do see him a lot in the Arena, and it's been said before he is good for that.

I've not Cryo'd many 3* (airlocked a lot more!), and you can see most of what remains in the earlier posts. My Cryo count is 75 as of today (extra bonus 250 dilithium yay!).

I only wish that opening slots did not automatically fill with the next in line, it makes juggling the Cryo crew very difficult, the re-enlist is next to useless, as they are only there for a few hours, and need to go into a slot when recalled and not the waiting room.

It seems to be the same every week after events, trying to shoe horn the winnings into my crew. After all efforts gone into winning them, I'm usually loathed to airlock them. I often wait until the last day before a new event before collecting, in order to delay when the waiting roster countdown begins - that's why the likes of Klingon O'Brien (and Riker) are still in the waiting room, although this week I did collect earlier in order to claim the Chrons, being a galaxy event.

I've got enough dilithium for another 5 slots, but was holding off a few weeks in the hopes of a Black Friday / Thanksgiving crew slot holiday 50% discount (like when Voyages arrived), which would get me 10 slots! Here's hoping :)
  • Options
    Nice list ... yeah, lots of 4*s in limbo ... and I think that is why you've gotten into a little bit of a crew dilemma.

My 2 cents:
    - try to limit levelling 4* crew unless they are critical to meet one of your needs (e.g. in my case I levelled a 2/4 Marla to 100 because I was severely lacking in DIP and she would be my top DIP even at 2/4 ... I've since been able to FF her through some lucky pulls and it doesn't really look like DIP is your primary week spot at the moment).
    This means you keep most of your 4* crew at lvl 1 ... all those crew between levels 30-60 have eaten up a ton of your resources that you could have put to other crew to immortalise them.
    Generally, I leave at lvl 1 until 3/4 and only equip their first item (I do make exceptions for monthly reward crew, key crew like Marla or key event crew (e.g. this weeks Rura Penthe Reed, who I have at 1/4 but decided to level as I'll probably be able to get him to 3/4 at least.) ... once 3/4 or 4/4 I make sure I have a schedule to level them to meet my most immediate needs.

- take T'Kuvma off of your favourite list ... he's not really a priority for you I feel ... FE he has 2 skills that are decent but you can't do anything else with him ... better to level a FF crew (e.g. a 2* or 3*) that you can cryo and use to reach your 100 immortal crew achievement. Two birds with one stone, open up crew space and get extra Dil in.
    He is a bit of a luxury for you at the moment, at 70 he's not bad and there are a lot more useful crew to level.

- if you are looking for stronger crew to level, good options are Drone 7 of 9 (very versatile and will be FF), Holo Doc (FF), Bridge Officer Troi (FF) and O'Brien (FF). Cryo is then always an option if push comes to shove.

- if you can upgrade a crew (e.g. 4* Troi) or equip a crew (e.g. Apollo) then do so ... your Gauntlet and Dabo Wheel rewards are often associated with open items, you may get lucky and find Troi's lvl 50 uniform in a Gauntlet box! (if you cannot make it already and boost her stats straight away) if she has the item open, the way she is now you never will.

- Ditch all your 2*s and 3*s in overflow, they'll come back around and are not critical. You basically only need to open up 2 crew slots at the moment ... one for Riker and one for O'Brien ... in the past I might airlock Riker myself were I to have a crew situation like you. I airlocked a ton of 1/4 event crew, e.g. all of the Borg event 4* crew that were only 1/4 were airlocked (2/4s and above I kept).
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I realise about the DABO wheel, and sometimes try and force specific equipment, by not having too many open items (aka 4* Troi), for some difficult items to complete giving a better chance of them being in the DABO wheel. Most of the crew have been gradually built up over time, when I was much more of a casual player. Having joined a decent fleet, I've been a lot more active and thus gained more crew to have to deal with, and been more focused on leveling crew for cryo. I've got almost all the 1* and 2*'s in cryo, accounting for most of my 75.
  • Options
    I've airlocked all 3* except for B'Etor, Saavik and Maquis Torres. They seem to be able to do most missions on Sat and Sun at elite and work well for me.