Home The Bridge

In This Together

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thanks alot for this! As I said in the other thread, we may find some normalcy through this great game we all love. Despite what anyone ever says to anyone here, it will be cool that we can all be in this together through this game we love so much

Comments

• Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    hear hear!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, this is nice! Also thanks for the rare collection upgrade!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    The announcement states that this will be available until next week, but the i game timer indicates it will expire today.

Are we getting a fresh one each day, is the in game timer wrong, or am I misreading the announcement?

Clarification?
    I admit I would rather claim this pack on another day...
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I claimed the pack because the timer said it would expire before the end of today. I would have preferred to have claimed it on Thursday.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The timer on the pack is an error.
    It will be corrected.
  • I also just claimed it :(
    It's not a big deal, but is there any chance we could get the cadet tickets again? Those would have been so much more useful in two days.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The timer on the pack is an error.
    It will be corrected.

For those of us who claimed it because the timer was wrong, should we submit a CS ticket for replacement cadet and/or arena tickets? For me, it's really only the cadet tickets that I'd much rather use another day.
  • Iknamur_Iknamur_ ✭✭✭
    I will definitely ticket it, since I've already claimed and I have to use for extra **tsk tsk** Tuesday cadets. I imagine asking them to put back the offer in my portal is something hard to accomplish technically, so is it better to ask support to remove the extra tickets and give me the boost packs directly instead?
    Patience is a virtue. Giving the tickets or even the whole pack again to those who claimed it today would be unfair for those who waited, wouldn't it?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People also came here to ask. Could you have not waited until you got your answer?
  • Iknamur_Iknamur_ ✭✭✭
    Patience is a virtue. Giving the tickets or even the whole pack again to those who claimed it today would be unfair for those who waited, wouldn't it?

Wait for what? The original timer was for 12 hours, so it would have expired before the daily reset. There was no reason to wait.
    Iknamur_ wrote: »

Wait for what?

A clarification as the announcement was saying otherwise...
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a gift.
    I am sorry you feel you would had a better use of it tomorrow.
    The pack will not be put back up for those who claimed it immediately.

And with everything that is going on today there is a mass of tickets to handle.
    I can't stop you from submitting a ticket for this of course but it feels like an unnecessary burden to put on our reps.

I fully believe this is the proper action to take. Thanks for the update, Shan...
  • Patience is a virtue. Giving the tickets or even the whole pack again to those who claimed it today would be unfair for those who waited, wouldn't it?
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    People also came here to ask. Could you have not waited until you got your answer?

My idea was more of the kind of 5 tickets in an in game message (to everyone), which would have actually meant that those with the virtue of patience (or attention to contradictory details) would have gotten them twice for the day where they're actually useful.

I saw the pack when there was no in-game mail yet. I waited for a bit, I read people's messages in the Discord chat saying that there was no point in waiting since the pack would go offline before reset. I claimed it.
    I wasn't aware of this thread.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world. I thought I might try and ask, since the forums are being used for requests and suggestions too.

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    May as well farm for a handful of 0* Romulan Encryption Algorithms with the tickets. They might be handy once characters from Picard start showing up next month. At worst, they revamp Romulan based recipes for them and you've got some lying around for someone later.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a gift.
    I am sorry you feel you would had a better use of it tomorrow.
    The pack will not be put back up for those who claimed it immediately.

And with everything that is going on today there is a mass of tickets to handle.
    I can't stop you from submitting a ticket for this of course but it feels like an unnecessary burden to put on our reps.

Well said!

q7uyaj76k3gs.jpg
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    I never complain about free stuff.
    I would like to say thank you and point out to those who are moaning.
    IT'S FREE !!!!
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I had read the contents before opening....wound up sacrifing 200 honor for completing dailys for the oppurtunity to use the extra cadet tickets on a non-useless day.
  • ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    I made a pretty good run for it last event and spent some resources. So I collected my 'In this together' gift today and utilized 2x ad warps. I'm now sitting on 78 individual Premium shuttle boosts. So thank you TP/DB!! Your gift is much appreciated! :)
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I made a pretty good runmuch appreciated! :)

.. and that is how to play the long game. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to send everything to us in in-game mail. For whatever reason, they decided to start putting stuff in the Portal, so we could no longer choose when it is most convenient for us to collect stuff. I wish they had left it that way.

But, still, free stuff. I appreciate the gift, regardless of how we get it.

Thanx, Tipping Point!!!!!

😺🖖👍🖖😺
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    They used to send everything to us in in-game mail. For whatever reason, they decided to start putting stuff in the Portal, so we could no longer choose when it is most convenient for us to collect stuff. I wish they had left it that way.

😺🖖👍🖖😺

The main reason why gifts like these are now in the Portal is to make sure new players do not miss out.
    I am glad you can recognize the gesture for what it is though, and that you appreciate it :)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

😺🖖👍🖖😺

The main reason why gifts like these are now in the Portal is to make sure new players do not miss out.
    I am glad you can recognize the gesture for what it is though, and that you appreciate it :)

I sincerely do. Thanx for the explanation of why the change was made. I still have three Legendaries in my mailbox. I wanna claim them when I can do the DYC Offer, one at a time. I even had "I Can't Believe it's not Gunpowder" Kirk. Then someone mentioned that he is a non-Trigger Sledgehammer. So, I woke him up.

Probably, most people find that in-game mail is more convenient for them, because of controlling the use of Revival Tokens, Chronitons, Cadet Tickets, and the Arena Tickets.

I even used my Cadet Tickets that Tuesday, to get those Romulan Transmissions, or whatever they are that drops in Elite "First Conflict".

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."