Home The Bridge
Options

Elusive Treasures v. Mega-Event Recap Packs

Which appeals to you more? What about your circumstances makes it more appealing?

Elusive Treasures v. Mega-Event Recap Packs 45 votes

1x Elusive Treasures (6500 dilithium)
22%
Sabine of AthensJim RaynorFrank?Gib - Admiral MarinersAandraasagima BriShellandflameguest_1089150949877766[10F] Unnar 10 votes
16x Mega-Event Recap (6240 dilithium)
77%
[RotP]Ran AirenTravis S McClainRennJaxoRaraRacingPhotonKim~peregrine~[S47] ELiL(HGH)Apollobluetibcmdrworf[TUFG] Captain ZlogCranky (SC) Herbertmejoyhrobownage[7TW] Attack EyebrowsPenguinJimIshmael MarxKatla[ISA] Big McLargeHuge 35 votes

Comments

• Options
    The fact I can get some helpful dupe SRs as well as immortalize those that needed one more star. Also getting and adding stars to the event legendaries.
  • Options
    I think it depends on where you are with your roster.

I bought 5 ET packs. Got 9 begold's, and added a star to Evolved Janeway. Three were the fifth star. Added a star to about 30 4* too, including the last star for 14. Only turned two beholds into honor. I'm at a point where I have almost 300 immortalized. So most 4* beholds still offer a useful option, but lots of straight drops are honor. I don't expect that to still be the case next time ET are offered. So I doubt I'll buy these again.

When I last did recap packs, bought 13, and got 1 gold and airlocked 9 dupe 4* The return was okay, but not great for me.
    Planning to do 10-20 next mega, depending on the crew.
  • Options
    CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Unnar wrote: »
    I think it depends on where you are with your roster.

I bought 5 ET packs. Got 9 begold's, and added a star to Evolved Janeway. Three were the fifth star. Added a star to about 30 4* too, including the last star for 14. Only turned two beholds into honor. I'm at a point where I have almost 300 immortalized. So most 4* beholds still offer a useful option, but lots of straight drops are honor. I don't expect that to still be the case next time ET are offered. So I doubt I'll buy these again.

When I last did recap packs, bought 13, and got 1 gold and airlocked 9 dupe 4* The return was okay, but not great for me.
    Planning to do 10-20 next mega, depending on the crew.

Comparing 26k dil. with 5070 dil. . You could have had 66 recap x10 packs for what you paid which on the average would have had 8 gold.

There is something wrong with the odds given for ET packs because it says the odds are 1 per a pack. But that is the worst you can do, so the odds have to be higher. It does not take into account that if you have 9 that are not gold in the pack the next one has to be gold. The odds of nine not being gold is 0.387 so that gets added to 0.9 and 0.06126 (this is if the other 9 contained a gold the odds for the last pack then being a gold) so 1.35 chance of getting a gold in ET packs. So buying 5 packs on the average you will get 6.74 so between 6 and 7 for 5 packs.

Looking at these odds they are not bad for what the packs are. I still wish the recap had 1 more gold on the average in this comparison. So, I would say recap should probably be priced at 350 dil. But, you can get some event useful dupes of SRs so maybe the cost is right.
  • Options
    Yeah, I got a little lucky to get 9 begold's. But I also don't mind paying a little extra for a begold instead of a straight drop.
  • Options
    Unnar wrote: »
    Yeah, I got a little lucky to get 9 begold's. But I also don't mind paying a little extra for a begold instead of a straight drop.

Actually the little extra is for these crew who are not going to be in the portal for a while and a guaranteed drop of a legendary besides them all being beholds.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did an elusive treasures packs and I was not particularly satisfied. I prefer the honor plus mega event crew (smaller pool).
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always felt that ET was something that made most sense early in one's game. "Early" is a relative term in STT, but maybe the first year or so? After that, if you're a regular player, you're going to have a decent crew with cards you like (and likely a crew slot crunch to go with it). So from a gameplay perspective, ET becomes less appealing to me over time, though from a collector's perspective, ET is perfectly fine at any time.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always felt that ET was something that made most sense early in one's game. "Early" is a relative term in STT, but maybe the first year or so? After that, if you're a regular player, you're going to have a decent crew with cards you like (and likely a crew slot crunch to go with it). So from a gameplay perspective, ET becomes less appealing to me over time, though from a collector's perspective, ET is perfectly fine at any time.

I liked the prospect of getting SR's that I didn't have. I also though I had decent odds of adding a star to a recent legendary. I got two SR's that I didn't have, so that worked out. But my behold was three 2-skill legendaries that I didn't have. Such a letdown.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    I think it depends more on where you are on your spending. As a mostly f2p (monthly and campaign) it is not really feasible to save 6500 dilithium for one hit, or to have such resources sitting idle in the account for weeks. The single pull packs are just a purple behold with a 10% chance at begold. Compare that with nearly two mega recap packs ... even with the addition of ship schematics you have a greater chance at a begold.

The main benefit I see in the ET is that there are a few exceptional crew in there. However, those exceptional usually crew get FF quickly so not so good to get again from ET unless you accept multiple copies in your roster. Many of the other crew there are ok but just 1/5 from an event and not on my 2x per month cite list. Getting another copy of them is meh, there is not much difference with the 2/5 and still not getting fused. However the regular begold portal pulls are quite often already 2/5 or better and have a chance toa advance to the 3/5+ stage where they start to be usefull.

So unless you are far enough advanced, or prepared to buy a lot of Dilithium then I really don't see the benefit. I did almost jump this time when there was a typo (I think) in the description that said a single pull gave you a begold.
  • Options
    I spent all the dil i got from the mini event to attempt to get XO Icheb. I got Annika Hansen Seven and two Sail Trois. Plus four crap pulls.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy choice for me, as I have pretty much all the in portal 4*s immortalised, and the few that I don't (8) probably won't come up as a choice in the ET packs seeing my luck with portal pulls.

I'd rather spend the Dil on mega-event discount packs, as a bit more than that amount got me an immortalised Worf, Picard all the 4*s and stars on the other 5* crew. I've almost finished citing up T'Pol (she's 4/5).
    And on top of that I got some random 5* beholds and other 4* beholds for older crew (i.e. Honor).

I kinda wish I had that amount of Dil lying around at the end of each mega-event ...