Home The Bridge
Options

Future MidWeek events or other Dilithium rewards

The Elusive treasures pack has again appeared when I have no chance at the required dilithium to purchase. It was in the twilight days for me between campaign rewards and the daily 100 will not get me to 650. I spent my last dilithium from the midweek on last weeks event pack (good value since no reward options were wasted)

It made me wonder what was the future for the mid-week events, or other events with Dil rewards. I was under the impression it was the start of something new but we have heard nothing back? Was the mid-week just something to test future adjustments to the normal Skirmish? Were the Dilithium rewards just a 1 off thing to get people attention?

@Shan could you please ask for some feedback from our new masters. It would really help me and maybe others to get some idea what to expect so we can plan a little bit. If I had believed peoples comments about the mid-week being a one-off thing then I might have held back some dilithium which I used to hoard in reserve of special deals like this

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantum wrote: »
    The Elusive treasures pack has again appeared when I have no chance at the required dilithium to purchase. It was in the twilight days for me between campaign rewards and the daily 100 will not get me to 650. I spent my last dilithium from the midweek on last weeks event pack (good value since no reward options were wasted)

It made me wonder what was the future for the mid-week events, or other events with Dil rewards. I was under the impression it was the start of something new but we have heard nothing back? Was the mid-week just something to test future adjustments to the normal Skirmish? Were the Dilithium rewards just a 1 off thing to get people attention?

@Shan could you please ask for some feedback from our new masters. It would really help me and maybe others to get some idea what to expect so we can plan a little bit. If I had believed peoples comments about the mid-week being a one-off thing then I might have held back some dilithium which I used to hoard in reserve of special deals like this

I will not be surprised if we learn that buckets of Diluthiums were just for us beta testing the Mini-Event. Kind of like how we got a free Legendary for beta testing the Campaigns. Future mini-Events likely Will have different Rewards. Maybe Chronitons in the Threshold. Maybe various quantities of Trainers in various Rarities. Ship Schemes. Or, maybe even more Diluthiums.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    Considering that we’re all on lockdown right now, it sure would be nice if they could add these mid week events sooner rather than later. Heck, just run the beta again.

This would be nice if its possible from TPs side.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mini event was announced as a test.
    There were questions about it on the player survey. I think it's a little too soon to expect a determination from TP. I'm too lazy to do this, but someone could make a poll on the forum about what players liked about the mini event beta. We can't duplicate the results from TP's poll, but we can approximate the results.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d love another mini event, we could be under lock down for the next 30 days.
  • Options
    PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    I could understand that whatever they decide will take time to implement. The thing I don't get is that we get treated like mushrooms (kept in the dark and ... ) It's honestly ok if the mini-event was just to test event changes once every few months, even if there are no more dilithium rewards... ever. It would just be friendly to give us some feedback so we know broadly what to expect. "yes dilithium rewards were a test that may happen occasionally if we decide" ... "We would like to do more midweek events but it requires balancing resources from elsewhere" ... "expect something in 4-6 weeks"

There have been several other serious questions on bugs and other things that significantly affect gameplay (such as the AND bug), shuttle % chance, etc., features and new rewards, etc. We get asked for and provide feedback. Just a hint of a response even would make lot of peace...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could understand that whatever they decide will take time to implement. The thing I don't get is that we get treated like mushrooms (kept in the dark and ... ) It's honestly ok if the mini-event was just to test event changes once every few months, even if there are no more dilithium rewards... ever. It would just be friendly to give us some feedback so we know broadly what to expect. "yes dilithium rewards were a test that may happen occasionally if we decide" ... "We would like to do more midweek events but it requires balancing resources from elsewhere" ... "expect something in 4-6 weeks"

There have been several other serious questions on bugs and other things that significantly affect gameplay (such as the AND bug), shuttle % chance, etc., features and new rewards, etc. We get asked for and provide feedback. Just a hint of a response even would make lot of peace...

In my response above, I note that we can assume they are in the feedback gathering stage. Maybe it would be nice if they explicitly said it, but I personally don't need to be told that when it's abundantly clear by the survey questions.

I recommend reviving this thread in a few weeks after they've had time to gather and possibly begin to process the data. Maybe someone will have information by then.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

In my response above, I note that we can assume they are in the feedback gathering stage. Maybe it would be nice if they explicitly said it, but I personally don't need to be told that when it's abundantly clear by the survey questions.

I recommend reviving this thread in a few weeks after they've had time to gather and possibly begin to process the data. Maybe someone will have information by then.

Pinned in my Clipboard & Bookmarked on phone.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    These people wanting more to do on lockdown must not have kids. They are driving me nuts. And I haven't been able to compete in the main event, never mind a special event! 😂
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we all understand that TP probably has a planned schedule/timeline for mini events. But these are unusual times to say the least, and I doubt that a worldwide quarantine was a factor in their original timetable. That’s why I suggested just rerunning the beta again.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    These people wanting more to do on lockdown must not have kids. They are driving me nuts. And I haven't been able to compete in the main event, never mind a special event! 😂

Or work in a job where they are more busy right now. I'm barely able to keep up with my daily missions.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been hard to do anything. Taking care of a sick wife, a two year old, and two needy dogs. It’s exhausting without all this going on. Then getting horribly sick myself. I do believe last week may have been the worst week of my life
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 13 year old, only comes out for food. Otherwise, it’s Xbox with his friends.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »

Or work in a job where they are more busy right now. I'm barely able to keep up with my daily missions.

Me too mate. I work in what is considered a "key industry" - transport. The wife is a civil servant so she's trying to keep the country running from home whilst juggling childcare when I have to go out to work. Never been this busy. Like yourself, even the dailies are passing me by.

But I will admit that the game and community brings a certain "normality" to this whole bizarre situation.

Take care all. Love to all who are struggling.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    It has been hard to do anything. Taking care of a sick wife, a two year old, and two needy dogs. It’s exhausting without all this going on. Then getting horribly sick myself. I do believe last week may have been the worst week of my life

That's rough. I hope everyone recovers soon.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you my friend. I’m on the upswing. The wife is back to being really ill again. It’s playing on my mind cuz I had to go back to work and now she has to man the fort while I’m gone. We just aren’t catching a break

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you my friend. I’m on the upswing. The wife is back to being really ill again. It’s playing on my mind cuz I had to go back to work and now she has to man the fort while I’m gone. We just aren’t catching a break

You have to go to work when you are sick? Wth?!

I hope all of you get well soon!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to go to work when you are sick? Wth?!

I hope all of you get well soon!

Thank you! And yes, I am here. Drinking tons of Gatorade.

• Options
    Well with the shut down I would have time to participate. I did not before.
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    I think you are 100% correct about this:
    The mini event was announced as a test.
    There were questions about it on the player survey. I think it's a little too soon to expect a determination from TP.

How ever, I 100% agree with this:
    I think we all understand that TP probably has a planned schedule/timeline for mini events. But these are unusual times to say the least, and I doubt that a worldwide quarantine was a factor in their original timetable. That’s why I suggested just rerunning the beta again.

(Also, this)
    Take care all. Love to all who are struggling.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    the dilithium rewards were exactly that ... a reward for spending the additional time on the mini so DB could collect participation metrics, as well as the players beta testing a new skirmish format.

If DB needs testing again on a large scale, you'll see rewards that are worth it. but mini events will not regularly reward that kind of dilithium. i would not expect large influxes of dilithium again unless you are opening up your wallet like the .2% of mega whales out there who sit on tens of thousands of dil.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I’d love another mini event, we could be under lock down for the next 30 days.

30 days is an optimistic guess. Also many will have to switch to short-time work soon and be bored. So... /signed!

Something to kill the time these days would be highly appreciated.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    BakerbeanzBakerbeanz ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I agree 100%
  • Options
    the dilithium rewards were exactly that ... a reward for spending the additional time on the mini so DB could collect participation metrics, as well as the players beta testing a new skirmish format.

If DB needs testing again on a large scale, you'll see rewards that are worth it. but mini events will not regularly reward that kind of dilithium. i would not expect large influxes of dilithium again unless you are opening up your wallet like the .2% of mega whales out there who sit on tens of thousands of dil.

I still think you’re wrong about dil not being future rewards in mini-events. When the campaign beta was run, the rewards were pretty similar to what we got in actual campaigns. It’s not EXACTLY the same, I realize, but why run a beta with great rewards, and then completely change the rewards for the real thing? You think that wouldn’t be a HUGE disappointment for the players? Also, in the feedback poll, they specifically asked if one of the things players liked most about it was the rewards. Why bother asking that if they have no intention of including the same rewards? Besides, a regular flow of dil like we saw in the mini beta would solve solve so many player complaints about the game (the cost of crew slots, packs not being worth their cost, new players being at such a crippling disadvantage that the game isn’t even worth playing, etc.) This is one move that potentially solves a lot of problems for a lot of players instead of addressing a 100 small issues separately. Only time will tell. I just don’t think it’s an unrealistic prospect.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

I still think you’re wrong about dil not being future rewards in mini-events. When the campaign beta was run, the rewards were pretty similar to what we got in actual campaigns. It’s not EXACTLY the same, I realize, but why run a beta with great rewards, and then completely change the rewards for the real thing? You think that wouldn’t be a HUGE disappointment for the players? Also, in the feedback poll, they specifically asked if one of the things players liked most about it was the rewards. Why bother asking that if they have no intention of including the same rewards? Besides, a regular flow of dil like we saw in the mini beta would solve solve so many player complaints about the game (the cost of crew slots, packs not being worth their cost, new players being at such a crippling disadvantage that the game isn’t even worth playing, etc.) This is one move that potentially solves a lot of problems for a lot of players instead of addressing a 100 small issues separately. Only time will tell. I just don’t think it’s an unrealistic prospect.

While your arguments are valid this would quite devalue regular events though if done weekly. From time to time... possible.
  • Options

While your arguments are valid this would quite devalue regular events though if done weekly. From time to time... possible.

I don’t disagree that it would fundamentally change the dynamic of the game. It most certainly would. But I also think it would make the game more appealing to newer players, and that is an issue that SERIOUSLY needs to be addressed imo.
  • Options
    One other piece of evidence that I forgot to mention was that the former DB STT game director mentioned on Facebook that one of the things he’d wanted to do was to get more sources of dil into the game, and this would seem to be in line with that goal.
  • Options
    One other piece of evidence that I forgot to mention was that the former DB STT game director mentioned on Facebook that one of the things he’d wanted to do was to get more sources of dil into the game, and this would seem to be in line with that goal.

But, in this scenario, he's the former director. He did not move along to WRG. The game is under the hands of different leadership. The dilithium idea sounded like it was his. no where did he mention it was a shared goal.
  • Options

But, in this scenario, he's the former director. He did not move along to WRG. The game is under the hands of different leadership. The dilithium idea sounded like it was his. no where did he mention it was a shared goal.

True enough. But it seems that he at least thought it was something that would improve the game. It’s not completely unreasonable to think that TP might draw the same conclusion. I just added it as evidence, not proof.
  • Options
    I just added it as evidence, not proof.

Fair enough. I'm usually one who tries to temper expectations.