Home Ready Room
Options

Guides And Tips: Resources and Help for Players (Updated 2024-02-06)

Comments

• Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Big Book Of Backend Data has been updated with the new collection and the bonuses are up to date. +1% to CMD and SEC bases. +2% to CMD and SEC proficiencies.
  • Options
    Another BBoBD update, +1% ENG Base, +1% SCI base and +1% ENG proficiencies added as per the EV Suit Update.
  • Options
    Updated, removed a couple of dead links and update Big Book excerpt to include Cadet information.
  • Options
    Polestar Guide added.
  • Options
    Updated to include IonDust's fantastic ISM Management Sheet.
  • Options
    This is a great resource... but I'm new and and lost trying to figure out how to play... I'm 62 and used to PC games... love this one, but need a "walkthrough." Anything out there that is good at 'handholding' your way through the game? I see the wiki, but it's too specific for my needs. Some things that are running me into a wall:
    Bunch of characters stuck on Level 10, Maxxed out, can't level them up farther
    When to use the replicator, and what to use it in without throwing away stuff I need!
    Completing daily missions where my rare/women are nowhere near high enough to complete task
    What people to send out on away missions??
    Do I need to complete the elite missions before going on?
    Don't understand why/usefulness of events??

I'd sure appreciate help!
    Thanks folks!
    Joe
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Joebelter wrote: »
    This is a great resource... but I'm new and and lost trying to figure out how to play... I'm 62 and used to PC games... love this one, but need a "walkthrough." Anything out there that is good at 'handholding' your way through the game? I see the wiki, but it's too specific for my needs. Some things that are running me into a wall:
    Bunch of characters stuck on Level 10, Maxxed out, can't level them up farther
    When to use the replicator, and what to use it in without throwing away stuff I need!
    Completing daily missions where my rare/women are nowhere near high enough to complete task
    What people to send out on away missions??
    Do I need to complete the elite missions before going on?
    Don't understand why/usefulness of events??

I'd sure appreciate help!
    Thanks folks!
    Joe

Click the arrow up and you get 10 new levels until level 100.
    Use replicator on chars that have been stuck for a while to get new gear.
    Soon your crew will be high enough.
    Nope, don't need to complete elite to move on.
    Events -> Rewards.
  • Options
    I understand the up arrow, but trying to get all the triangles filled for each character filled is a nightmare. It wouldn't be so bad if it were during missions, but it's during many, many REPEATED missions... is that the only way?
    Thanks for the reply.
    Joe
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Joebelter wrote: »
    I understand the up arrow, but trying to get all the triangles filled for each character filled is a nightmare. It wouldn't be so bad if it were during missions, but it's during many, many REPEATED missions... is that the only way?
    Thanks for the reply.
    Joe

Yeah, this game is heavy grinding. If you don't like the grinding then this might not be a game for you.
  • Options
    I have a question I haven't been able to get answered elsewhere. When crafting an item in a Galaxy event, you use a crewmember. Does the crafting use the crew's base stat, the stat bonus, or both?
    "Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
    -Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greyshade wrote: »
    I have a question I haven't been able to get answered elsewhere. When crafting an item in a Galaxy event, you use a crewmember. Does the crafting use the crew's base stat, the stat bonus, or both?

In a galaxy event, there are "event crew" and "bonus crew". Event crew get a 10x boost to their base stat, while bonus crew get a 5x boost to their base stat when crafting items.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Now I have slots to burn etc. and am looking to plan upcoming retrievals, what's the best way to find weak spots in my roster? Just a case of checking top 10 for each skill? Looking in more detail at combined skills? I think I'm probably weakest on Eng, but unsure if just a case of going for top tier eng primary or not.
  • Options
    @Prime Lorca [10FH] thank you!
    "Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
    -Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greyshade wrote: »

Happy to help. That information is on the wiki, but I had a very difficult time locating it, so I like to provide the information when the question is asked. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    One of my fleeties said the big book is ‘retiring’....Is this true? :frowning:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    One of my fleeties said the big book is ‘retiring’....Is this true? :frowning:

Accordingly to Automatons announcement on the latest Timeline Talks it is
  • Options
    I don't know if this is a right place to drop this note.. I enjoy the show very much..great people hosting! They seem to know quite a lot about all episodes, especially TOS. They talked a bit about the game dynamics, space battles, ideas for it, and more, yet the bulk of the show is about the cards.. The cards are the foundation of STT, but I would like to hear more about expanding or improving the game. Seriously, they are very good at what they do.

Additionally, I wrote about this a while back, but what about a small amount of merchandise for Star Trek Timelines, like mugs? I guess I see room for improvement in STT, and making everything EPICLY AWESOME! would justify merch.

All The Best, Wicked Realm Games, Tilting Point, Support, VIACOMCBS, Shan, Video Hosts, and Players.

-Stellar Treks All, Turen
    Admiral Turen Counterpoint at Avalon's Galactic Armada and Captain of the U.S.S. Divinity
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muppet wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a similar sticky for help in this forum? I'm a level 81 officer and playing the game for over 2 years now. I just recently registered for this forum (I know, I've already taken some time in the brig for it).
    Questions I now have are:
    - I'd like to introduce myself in Fleet Central, but where? In which topic in the 29 pages?
    - I apparantly need some badges before I can create a new topic (specifically for recruiting), but how many, when, where, how?

Believe me, I've searched for these answers, but haven't found them yet.

I gave you an “awesome”, but I think you need 5? to be able to create a thread. If the answer isn’t in one of the myriad threads here or in the Engineering Room, then you might ask Shan directly via DM. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    tyllanthortyllanthor ✭✭✭
    Hello, @Muppet
    Try to gain badges by doing the following things. Maybe it will help to get the acces to create new discussions. I think, it helped in my case.
    1. Import an avatar (image) to your profile.
    2. Try to mention some person in your post by writing "@" character and the name behind it. Just like me when I wrote your name in the first line of this post. For example, if you answer to someone's post then mention the author of the original post in your response.

You should get two badges for these actions.

Or the problem could be in the "age" of your profile...? I don't know. You created your profile in June. I only hope it is already old enough to gain some more privileges.
  • Options
    MuppetMuppet ✭✭
    @tyllanthor Thanx 4 the tip!
    “With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.” — Jean-Luc Picard parafrasing Judge Aaron Satie in ST:TNG S04E21 - The Drumhead
  • Options
    Hello, I have been working on a spreadsheet to help people (including myself) manage their Chronitons. If you think it's useful enough to add to this list, great!

It's called "Take my Chrons, Please!" and here's what I have used it for:

1) What items should I prefarm for a Galaxy Event? Should I use an Away or Skirmish mission?
    2) What items should I work on during a Skirmish Event?
    3) What Missions should I run to maximize my Ad Warps?
    4) How should I budget the (few) chrons that I have to make sure I am building up my inventory of items that I actually need?

It was created with a lot of info from @TemporalAgent7 and Silverrose, so many thanks to them!

Unfortunately, I can't post links, or for that matter, post a new thread. If you are interested, let me know and I will DM the link.
  • Options
    Brosnhos wrote: »
    Hello, I have been working on a spreadsheet to help people (including myself) manage their Chronitons. If you think it's useful enough to add to this list, great!

It's called "Take my Chrons, Please!" and here's what I have used it for:

1) What items should I prefarm for a Galaxy Event? Should I use an Away or Skirmish mission?
    2) What items should I work on during a Skirmish Event?
    3) What Missions should I run to maximize my Ad Warps?
    4) How should I budget the (few) chrons that I have to make sure I am building up my inventory of items that I actually need?

It was created with a lot of info from @TemporalAgent7 and Silverrose, so many thanks to them!

Unfortunately, I can't post links, or for that matter, post a new thread. If you are interested, let me know and I will DM the link.

Send me the link and I'll pop it in!
  • Options
    It's in! Also removed the Crew Cost calc as it has been discontinued.
  • Options
    I can;t get any of the scripts to do what I want and I am not a good enough programmer to write my own. Can anyone help me?
  • Options
    I can;t get any of the scripts to do what I want and I am not a good enough programmer to write my own. Can anyone help me?

Which one's are you having trouble with? Also are you doing this on Desktop, mobile isn't really compatible with a lot of the google sheets stuff.
  • Options
    Morningstar42Morningstar42 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

Which one's are you having trouble with? Also are you doing this on Desktop, mobile isn't really compatible with a lot of the google sheets stuff.

On desktop, I wouldn't try doing any of this on mobile.

I tried working with one TemporalAgent7 posted last year, and I can't post links, and it mostly does what I wanted, I managed to get it to output the archetype code instead of the flavor text for the inventory list. I was also trying to get it to output the archetype code for both the equipment slots and the equipment on my crew as well, instead of just saying that I had X out of 4 but that kept breaking the script and I don't know why. And I tried adding a new sheet to pull the archived archetype codes for all items and for missions since the archetype code seems like they are easier data to work with than trying to use the names of the items and the wiki doesn't have them, and I think I don't know what I'm doing enough cause it just kept yelling n'no such function' at me but I can't see why.

And I tried using the one Joshurtree posted but I couldn't get that one to work at all.
  • Options

I tried working with one TemporalAgent7 posted last year, and I can't post links, and it mostly does what I wanted, I managed to get it to output the archetype code instead of the flavor text for the inventory list. I was also trying to get it to output the archetype code for both the equipment slots and the equipment on my crew as well, instead of just saying that I had X out of 4 but that kept breaking the script and I don't know why. And I tried adding a new sheet to pull the archived archetype codes for all items and for missions since the archetype code seems like they are easier data to work with than trying to use the names of the items and the wiki doesn't have them.

What's the aim here? If it's item tracking the Datacore does that just fine.
  • Options

I tried working with one TemporalAgent7 posted last year, and I can't post links, and it mostly does what I wanted, I managed to get it to output the archetype code instead of the flavor text for the inventory list. I was also trying to get it to output the archetype code for both the equipment slots and the equipment on my crew as well, instead of just saying that I had X out of 4 but that kept breaking the script and I don't know why. And I tried adding a new sheet to pull the archived archetype codes for all items and for missions since the archetype code seems like they are easier data to work with than trying to use the names of the items and the wiki doesn't have them.

What's the aim here? If it's item tracking the Datacore does that just fine.

The aim is a lot of little niggling things that the Datacore doesn't do, or just implements in a way I don't like.

For instance, the main goal that I am trying to achieve is a slightly more efficient farming guide, rather than looking for one specific item at the lowest chron cost, rather find the missions that drop the most different items I need, like I can get a Basic Database for a cheap investment from Prodigal Son, BUT for a slightly higher chron cost I can go to, say, Rabid Fans and also get Common Isolinear Chips and Uncommon Uniform Patterns if I need those too. and I could go check the wiki EVERY TIME for the best mission drops, but it would be so much easier if I could just auto calculate that.

That and mostly a little bit of the way stuff is formatted that just annoys me to try and find in the website guis on the wiki and datacore, but that isn't really important and just me being complainy.
  • Options
    I haven't looked at the STT Importer for a while. It looks like Google has updated their security policy which has broken it. I concentrate mainly on Datacore now so it is unlikely to be fixed. I don't think it would have helped you anyway as it only outputted the name, rarity and quantity of the item.