Home The Bridge
Options

Blood Red Tide

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been fortunate enough to get a 4* dilemma several times recently, including my last two voyages. Both times I picked what is supposed to give you a 4* crew. After I supported the governor last time, I got 5* replicator rations. This happens once in a while, but annoys me. Today I chose to remain neutral, but still hot replicator rations. I feel cheated. Rations are very nearly useless to me. I have thousands of purple and more of blue rations. Crew has a chance (very slim) of giving me a crew I need, or at least 200 honor. Have they changed the drops or am I just exceptionally unlucky to get garbage when I want crew?

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I've been fortunate enough to get a 4* dilemma several times recently, including my last two voyages. Both times I picked what is supposed to give you a 4* crew. After I supported the governor last time, I got 5* replicator rations. This happens once in a while, but annoys me. Today I chose to remain neutral, but still hot replicator rations. I feel cheated. Rations are very nearly useless to me. I have thousands of purple and more of blue rations. Crew has a chance (very slim) of giving me a crew I need, or at least 200 honor. Have they changed the drops or am I just exceptionally unlucky to get garbage when I want crew?

Replicator Rations or Schemes are also possible drops.

Replicator Rations have been confirmed for all three choices:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas#Blood-Red_Tide
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    There was a time, when some type of reset happen, that the one time rewards dropped.

That is 600 schem. and the 5* replicator only occurred once then no more. But with every major update it would happen again. Now it seems they are no longer one time rewards but are in the chance to drop list rarer than the crew but still have a chance to drop.

If it dropped some of the ships I have not completed I would not mind.
    But, it only drops the old ones I have completed.

Edit: I guess this may be helpful for the people who do not have a maxed ship yet but can hit 6 hours in voyage.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past year and a half I've been getting rations less than once a month. To have it 3 times in a week annoys me more than it should.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, it happens. You just have to hope for the best. But we feel your pain.
  • Options
    I tend to always follow the Prine Directive, if for nothing other than gaining the ancient hip flask! Lol.

Not sure how I would feel about the rations dropping with this one.... but is it as bad as when the 4 star card you have ff/fe and frozen drops as oppsed to the HUNDREDS of others that could drop instead? Lol.

In hindsight, actually the 100 honor may he better. The rations sounds pants. Big old smelly pants with holes and stains in.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what you get for not siding with the people. qaStaHvIS yIn Daw'!
  • Options
    That's what you get for not siding with the people. qaStaHvIS yIn Daw'!

Always do choice three when I get it. No Replicator Rations yet. I have gotten them from protecting the Vorta in "Ladders and Chains", though. Rarely.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    gold replicator rations, for me, are the #1 item in the game
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »

They're down with ship schematics for me, since by and large they are one and the same. I never have a shortage of things to throw in the replicator whenever I need them.

Agreed. 4/5* crew I need are #1, honor is #2, everything else is well below that with replicator rations and extra schematics being at the bottom. At least credits and merits can be turned into honor.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

They're down with ship schematics for me, since by and large they are one and the same. I never have a shortage of things to throw in the replicator whenever I need them.

Agreed. 4/5* crew I need are #1, honor is #2, everything else is well below that with replicator rations and extra schematics being at the bottom. At least credits and merits can be turned into honor.

I concur with my colleagues. I’ve never used a 5* replicator ration, because of the vast quantity of 3*/4* rations that drop from voyages and the tens of thousands of schematics that have built up over the years.

ua42alynu45v.png
  • Options

I concur with my colleagues. I’ve never used a 5* replicator ration, because of the vast quantity of 3*/4* rations that drop from voyages and the tens of thousands of schematics that have built up over the years.

ua42alynu45v.png

And now that you can convert extra items directly into replicator rations of any rarity, they're even less relevant.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

ua42alynu45v.png

And now that you can convert extra items directly into replicator rations of any rarity, they're even less relevant.

Yup. That’s why I tend to choose to replicate a piece of 4* or 5* equipment that I need for whatever crew is being leveled at the moment rather than converting junk into more useless rep rats.
  • Options
    rep rats.

So coined. Definitely calling them that from now on.
  • Options
    Had to Replicate seven four 🌟 items to make Diva's second Legendary outfit. He is 3 🌟/💯/FE. Might use this Campaign Citation to finish and freeze him. Not like he is likely to see daily use.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to Replicate seven four 🌟 items to make Diva's second Legendary outfit. He is 3 🌟/💯/FE. Might use this Campaign Citation to finish and freeze him. Not like he is likely to see daily use.

Just replicate the complete uniform as a single 5* item at that point.
  • Options

Just replicate the complete uniform as a single 5* item at that point.

Which is cheaper.

D'OH!!!!!!!!