Home The Bridge

Best sound clips in the game

As per the thread title, what do you think are the top 3 sound clips in the game....from the crew you have?

Mine would have to be:
1. Worf Scarlet - " I protest, I am not a merry man!"
2. Locutus - "the knowledge and experience of the human picard; is part of us now"
3. Dark Ages McCoy - "maybe they're throwing us a retirement party"

Was tempted to add Bones McCoy, but each sound clip there is awsome

I do not own a "Khaaaaaan" Kirk nor Vreenak so thats why I didnt list them ;-)

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scottie has a good one inn the Arena.

"The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank "

I also like his "Where I come from..." Quote.

Hard to pick a third one.

But, easily the best quote from the entire run of TOS was not included on Bones McCoy.

"It would be most effective if you were to cut the carotid artery just below my left ear."

From "Space Seed", when Khan is trying to escape from Sickbay, and has a scapel to McCoy's throat. Khan may be a genetically engineered "Superman", but that one line shows he is not the baddest bad-**tsk tsk** in the room.......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    warm8wjgngk8.jpg

Lol, not long after i posted the opening comment i took a premium pull and got a begold...you cannot script it!!

But no Kaaaaan!!???
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Arena having "special" sound bytes just for it, I would have a hard time choosing. I just tried Dr McCoy in the Arena and he has one that says" I'm a Doctor, not an escalator!" which both amuses and confuses me. I actually don't know what episode that one comes from.

I do like Khan's arena quote, about how it is "very cold in space"

I wish we would get some for the Discovery crew.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    With the Arena having "special" sound bytes just for it, I would have a hard time choosing. I just tried Dr McCoy in the Arena and he has one that says" I'm a Doctor, not an escalator!" which both amuses and confuses me. I actually don't know what episode that one comes from.

I do like Khan's arena quote, about how it is "very cold in space"

I wish we would get some for the Discovery crew.

The Arena-Specific ones are entertaining. Khan has the simplest, and yet most appropriate one.......

FIRE!!!!!
  • With the Arena having "special" sound bytes just for it, I would have a hard time choosing. I just tried Dr McCoy in the Arena and he has one that says" I'm a Doctor, not an escalator!" which both amuses and confuses me. I actually don't know what episode that one comes from.

It was from the old Friday's Child episode, when they're on the run through the wilderness with a very pregnant Eleen in tow...famously portrayed by Julie Newmar (Catwoman).
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    iql6b65wx2d4.gif

Favorite sound clip.
    Let’s fly!
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, and even though it gets annoying, I do like the sound clip of Ezri "aren't you glad you brought me along?" And now with a new Ezri, and no sound clip for her.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    fuvubckbqlr2.jpg

Forgot the OP asked for top 3, so my other two are:

"I protest, I am not a Merry Man!" - Will Scarlett
    "This is fun." - Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no one else kept 2* kirk WAY past hen they let us start freezing cadets, just so you could keep hearing "the face of the unknown - I think I owe you a look at it" ?

which reminds me - does anyone else reeeeeeeally want Balok, if only to see what kind of ship ability he would have?

83f1985aad57d0a3b7f4d47030622ad1.jpg
  • Agador SpartacusAgador Spartacus ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    scotty: no bloody A, B , C orrr D, just love the scottish accent.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain?
    no one else kept 2* kirk WAY past hen they let us start freezing cadets, just so you could keep hearing "the face of the unknown - I think I owe you a look at it" ?

The line is, "The face of the unknown - I think I owe you a look at", and ending the sentence with that preposition irked me so much I was happy to get by without using Captain Kirk at all.
    which reminds me - does anyone else reeeeeeeally want Balok, if only to see what kind of ship ability he would have?

Balok with Puppet has been on my wish list since the old forum. Now that ships aren't being kept to scale, I'd also welcome the Fesarius. Potential ship ability names/quotes:

"If there is the slightest hostile move, your vessel will be destroyed immediately."
    "You are wasting time and effort. There is no escape." [either stands on its own just fine]
    "And now, another demonstration of our superiority."
    "Your ship will be destroyed, of course."
    "Do not be deceived by the size of this pilot vessel." [if Fesarius shuttle is featured instead of the whole ship]
    senoufo wrote: »
    scotty: no bloody A, B , C orrr D, just love the scottish accent.

That got real old, real fast. After awhile, it even soured me on that moment in "Relics".
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

The line is, "The face of the unknown - I think I owe you a look at", and ending the sentence with that preposition irked me so much I was happy to get by without using Captain Kirk at all.

Is that right? I always thought he just "swallowed" the last word in the sentence.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Churchill, "Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which you should not put."
    edited April 2020
    Data1001 wrote: »

Is that right? I always thought he just "swallowed" the last word in the sentence.

I stand corrected. Bailey is the "you" and Balok is the unknown "it". In fairness, I'll note that I had to turn on the captioning to confirm that; Shatner dropped his volume on "it".

5ed6534n06r2.jpg
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I like the Q quote the best: “con permisso captain, the hall is rented, the orchestra engaged, now it’s time to see if you can dance “. The Borg await!
  • My favorites were the two quotes for RAF Bashir, so perfectly fitting for a game about mixed-up histories:
    "I think I'm going to like history," and
    "I'm a doctor, not an historian!"

Still bummed those clips got taken out!

BUT from the current lot, I'll give it to Dr. 'Bones' McCoy:
    "I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!"
    "I'm a doctor, not an engineer!"
    "I'm not a scientist or a physicist."
    "Well I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!"

I mean, he's an incredibly powerful 1-skill. He's not an engineer! Or a physicist! No security, diplomacy, or command skills either... Just a damn fine doctor. :grin:

(And besides, I feel like I'm getting a shout-out every time I click him) 😎

• My favorites were the two quotes for RAF Bashir, so perfectly fitting for a game about mixed-up histories:

BUT from the current lot, I'll give it to Dr. 'Bones' McCoy:

I mean, he's an incredibly powerful 1-skill. He's not an engineer! Or a physicist! No security, diplomacy, or command skills either... Just a damn fine doctor. :grin:

Why were those clips removed? Were we ever told??
  • BUT from the current lot, I'll give it to Dr. 'Bones' McCoy:

I get a little uneasy, whenever I hear a medical doctor claim that he's not a science-guy. Just sayin'...
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III

Why were those clips removed? Were we ever told??

Not as far as I know. I even submitted a ticket, when they first disappeared - thinking (hoping!) it was just a bug - but I never heard anything. If it got explained here, I missed it.

Anyone know?
    I just got my first Starfleet Uniform Khan, so I've been tripping out on his "It is very cold...in space." To be fair, Montalban had the gift of making every word he spoke sound dramatically poignant...even when selling Cordoba luxury cars, upholstered with Corinthian Leather.

Or carne asada steak grilled taquitos.
    Not attached to a Crew Card, but how about the "Q"uips while the game is loading?