Home The Bridge
Options

What crew would you immediately FF if you pulled them?

Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in The Bridge
Background: I've been hoarding honor since the last honor sale, and only using citations I'm acquiring from the campaigns. I'm trying to put together a short list of crew I'd break my honor hoarding rule for, and wondering who is on everyone's list? My (loose) criteria include voyage power and rare skill set.

My list (subject to change per peer pressure):
  • Stranded Quark
  • Juliana Tainer
  • Boothby Replicant
  • Humbled Archer
  • Merry Men Troi

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Honour banked and LizWay was Immortalized minutes after I finally got a Coffee Janeway.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Legendary Ezri had been top of my list and so I used 4 citations on her today.

Now, I am thinking Merry Men Troi and Juliana Tainer and otherwise I'm at a loss.

Assumng that they were at least useable in my crew, I would also immediately cite any new Trelane, Roberta Lincoln or Raffi Musiker.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Empath Troi or the Warship Hologram Doctor guy. I could use a MED/COM/SEC, not necessarily in that order
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Dark Empath Troi or the Warship Hologram Doctor guy. I could use a MED/COM/SEC, not necessarily in that order

I have Warship EMA FF. He did get the insta-cite treatment.

I'm intrigued by Dark Empath Troi and she almost made the list. Troi gets lots of events, plus I do love MED/CMD and MED/SEC.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    FO Burnham and Mycelial Culber for sure.

Stranded Quark would be a strong possibility. Along with Tactical Neelix.

Niners Ezri is leaving me very tempted right now, but I only have enough honor for 1 person and I may have skill combinations I need more.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 8 legendary citations. Stranded Quark is the only definite. If a good SEC/MED/SCI crew (in that order) came along, I would be tempted to use the other 4.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Background: I've been hoarding honor since the last honor sale, and only using citations I'm acquiring from the campaigns. I'm trying to put together a short list of crew I'd break my honor hoarding rule for, and wondering who is on everyone's list? My (loose) criteria include voyage power and rare skill set.

My list (subject to change per peer pressure):
    • Stranded Quark
    • Juliana Tainer
    • Boothby Replicant
    • Humbled Archer
    • Merry Men Troi

For me, Gary Seven would be #1. I’ve been waiting on him for a LONG time. #2 overall voyager. Not only that, but the next best char for voyages with the same skill set is Away Team Saru at #164.
  • Options
    RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    Dark Empath Troi or Tactical Neelix right now, need med/security. It is my biggest hole. I did just use 3 of my 6 citations on Niner's Ezri.
  • Options
    I have 8 legendary citations. Stranded Quark is the only definite. If a good SEC/MED/SCI crew (in that order) came along, I would be tempted to use the other 4.

I really hope that he’s the $10 legendary tomorrow.
  • Options

I really hope that he’s the $10 legendary tomorrow.

Oh, Martian Quark is in the re-run. There's a chance! It's probably too late for DB to change anything now. Man... I wish I had started lobbying for that when the event was announced. Just know that if I type slowly tomorrow, it's because I'm trying to keep my fingers crossed. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know that there is anyone I would unload on to immortalize immediately, but if take the question to mean “who would move to the absolute top of the citation list,” then Stranded Quark is probably one of the few that would move up without question. Mountain Climber Mayweather would probably do it as well.
  • Options
    Warship EMA would probably eat into my honor because he is my white whale and despite having two Reverend Phlox(es?) (ii?) immo.
    Dark Empath Troi would be tempting...but I thought Tribble Herder Scotty and Irina would be but both are still sitting at 2/5 untouched because there is just so many engineers now.
    Prophet Sarah Sisko and Niners Ezri would get DYCed but I don't think the urge to fully cite would be there.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I got Warship EMA a few month back - he was fffe just an hour later.

One of the best things that happend to me in the game. i use him really all the time
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the above... better crew out there.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Right now, I don't think I would instantly FF anyone. Maybe if I managed to fuse a second copy of Indulgent Seven I would consider it for her.
    Or if they added a top 10 voyager with the skill combination of Delta Flyer Paris, that one might be a candidate. A potential MED-ENG-CMD or MED-ENG-SEC card (with that skill order) and a very high voyage rank would probably get insta-immortalized :)

Of your list, Stranded Quark would probably be my first citation project, the second one would be Merry Men Troi.
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    None of the above... better crew out there.

Not saying you're wrong, but who would you pick, then? I'm curious if there might be someone who is not on my radar.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really none. I have 4 of 5 from the OP's list plus Braxton at 1 to 3 stars but no desire to cite any of them.

Ba'ul is at 1/5 only and still makes in on voyages on rare occasions. He is the only one I once considered to cite but I am saving all my honor so this would be a cumbersome process via campaigns alone. So I just leave him as he is (finally in the portal anyway) and keep spending the campaign citations on 3/5s that really help my roster or 4/5s from megas.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had the citations ...

- Stranded Quark (uh ... @Jim Steele ... there is no better, he's the only one) ... voyage option.

- Niners Ezri ... just got her 1/5, but wish I could immortalise, as she hits both collections & voyages, sweet. The only one on the list I own.

- Delta Flyer Paris/Mountain Climber Mayweather ... same reason as Quark, there is no other option. Prefer Paris because he hits a collection.

- Satin Dress Lily Sloane ... not a bad voyager and would complete that collection.

- Sphere Builder Presage ... not a bad voyager (though surplus skills would only be a minor upgrade on lesser crew ... Annika Seven, Lt La Forge and Solar Sisko) and would complete that collection ... hmm, sensing a theme in my choices ...

- lastly ... Commander Ari bn Bem ... voyages unique skill set, maybe we'll have an animated collection in the future? ... thankfully he's finally in the portal ...

I should also note that the list of 5* crew I own in semi-fused state that would really benefit from citations is quite long too ... (Braxton, Da Vinci, Away Team Burnham, TO Neelix, Humbled Archer etc. etc. etc.)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll start off by saying that I would never - hmm, let's say 99.9% - take a 5* card from 1/5 to 5/5 instantly. It's just not my style. For one thing, I don't hoard citations and I rarely have 200K honor built up, so it's not possible for me to consider. However, were I to do this, these are the 5 crew I would consider that I don't currently have on roster.

For voyage and/or event value:
    White Rabbit
    Stranded Quark
    Indulgent Seven (not pull-able of course, but after fusion)

For fan reasons:
    Mirror Sulu
    Vulcan Executioner
    (I know they're both 2-skillers, but I want them for daily shuttles and just because they're on-screen bad-a&&es in their respective ways.)
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of the crew I have currently have these are probably my top picks:

Cheesecake Seven
    Boothby Replicant
    Niners Ezri
    Laborer Kirk
    Assimilated Hawk
    Xindi Counsellor (still uhming and ahing about this one because of all the mega crew we have covering the skill sets however)

Out of the Crew I don't have:

Gary Seven
    Juliana Tainer
    White Rabbit

Immortalised Golds are as follows:

Captain Braxton, Fo Burnham, Mirror Picard, Warship EMA, Timekeeper Tenavik, Rura Penthe Kirk, Captain Spock, The Keeper, Durango Troi, Bartender Guinan (x2), Surak, Evolved Janeway, Dr Pollard, Gladiator Spock, Survivalist Kirk, Bell Riots Bashir, Picard and No 1, Mintaken Riker, Gangster Kirk, Prisoner Cornwell, The Caretaker, Interfaced La Forge, Ahdar Ru'afo, Tactical Neelix, Dark Ages McCoy, Garth of Izar, Etana Jol, Q as God, Wrathful Kirk, Determined Janeway, High Roller Sisko.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll start off by saying that I would never - hmm, let's say 99.9% - take a 5* card from 1/5 to 5/5 instantly. It's just not my style. For one thing, I don't hoard citations and I rarely have 200K honor built up, so it's not possible for me to consider.

It's interesting to see different styles. I almost only take cards from 1/5 to 5/5(excluding the mega legendary). My thinking is having a card at 1-4/5 is largely useless for me. I'm only doing it for Voyages where I need 5/5. So there is no value in investing that 50k honor as it comes, since I won't use the new crew anyway. I'd rather wait until I have 200k honor and make the decision. While I'm saving the honor maybe I get a copy from a portal so now I only need 150k honor. Or maybe I get a new card in an event who is better than my original plan. But basically, until I have the honor to make someone 5/5, I'd rather wait and see if my options improve in the future.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'll start off by saying that I would never - hmm, let's say 99.9% - take a 5* card from 1/5 to 5/5 instantly. It's just not my style. For one thing, I don't hoard citations and I rarely have 200K honor built up, so it's not possible for me to consider.

It's interesting to see different styles. I almost only take cards from 1/5 to 5/5(excluding the mega legendary). My thinking is having a card at 1-4/5 is largely useless for me. I'm only doing it for Voyages where I need 5/5. So there is no value in investing that 50k honor as it comes, since I won't use the new crew anyway. I'd rather wait until I have 200k honor and make the decision. While I'm saving the honor maybe I get a copy from a portal so now I only need 150k honor. Or maybe I get a new card in an event who is better than my original plan. But basically, until I have the honor to make someone 5/5, I'd rather wait and see if my options improve in the future.

I’m the same way. I don’t keep a crew unless I intend to 5/5 them, and 99% of the time that 5/5 is instant, not waiting for honor and cites

• Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mountain Climber Mayweather

one of two cmd eng med combos in game.

If WR ever puts out a primary secondary MED/ENG with a COMMAND tertiary, i will drop mad dil and cites to FF. right now, this combo does not exist.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mountain Climber Mayweather

one of two cmd eng med combos in game.

If WR ever puts out a primary secondary MED/ENG with a COMMAND tertiary, i will drop mad dil and cites to FF. right now, this combo does not exist.

He showed up on my Dabo twice. I was very tempted but my sights are set on a different skill combo

• Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    which
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    which

Sec/MED/COM not necessarily in that order
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And of course the hologram warship doctor guy is in the Tuesday pack. I’I NOT BITING THIS TIME!!!
  • Options
    Meanwhile Stranded Quark is the $10 offer. TAKE MY MONEY!
  • Options
    And Juliana Tainer is in the "worst chance" packs along with EMA (FF), Scrooge Data (4/5), 2 super rares I have FF, and a new Android Kirk.

The last time a crew I really wanted was in a Tuesday pack (Defensive Phlox) I took a chance and got him on the first try. I'm tempted to empty the tank for Tainer. Who says I need to save dil for mega recap packs??

I told myself my dil strategy was to only pull for crew I really wanted, and I really want Tainer. I also wouldn't be upset with a second EMA, or to FF Scrooge.