Home The Bridge

How much do you spend on STT per month?

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
...on average.

This is an anonymous poll!
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

How much do you spend on STT per month? 128 votes

Zero!
17% 23 votes
Up to 10$
19% 25 votes
Up to 25$
32% 41 votes
Up to 60$
16% 21 votes
Up to 150$
7% 9 votes
Up to 400$
6% 8 votes
Up to 1000$
0% 0 votes
Up to 3000$
0% 0 votes
Up to 10000$
0% 0 votes
More than 10000$
0% 1 vote

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In doing the math of VIP points versus how many months I’ve been playing I come up with $333.33
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    If somebody votes $10k+, PLEASE comment!!!!!!!!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    How much $ is a VIP point or how can you calculate it?
    Me [AUS] wrote: »

$10 = 500 VIP?

• Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

$10 = 500 VIP?

I think i spent more than what resulted based on this calculation... but i won't go now through all the payments done in 3 years :)

Thanks @DScottHewitt
    For every 50,000 VIP points you have you have spent $1000
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

$10 = 500 VIP?

I think i spent more than what resulted based on this calculation... but i won't go now through all the payments done in 3 years :)

Thanks @DScottHewitt

It should rather be the other way around. E.g. the 25$ LTOs give 1500 VIP.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Thanks @Banjo1012. I guess some of payments didn't had VIP points....maybe.

Thanks @Banjo1012. I guess some of payments didn't had VIP points....maybe.

That I’m not sure about but if that is the case it certainly throws the calculation off

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I’ve seen every purchase awards VIP.

If anything the formula of $10 per 500 vip will actually overstate cash spent.

The overstatement has at least three things contributing.

1. If you abused the bugged pack from two years ago. Most things got reversed but the extra vip was unchanged.
    2. $25 offers award 1500 vip instead of 1250.
    3. Discounted steam packs still award the full purchase price dil.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

1. If you abused the bugged pack from two years ago. Most things got reversed but the extra vip was unchanged.

Also many people spend more initially than they do now.
    I think an estimate could just be this month not including today's but this can be skewed by coronavirus too(being stuck at home could spend more) and of course if you are new and still trying to plug holes in your crew skills. I think between my two accounts I might have been at $50 for each.

Darn, I just voted by one account. I put upto $60 should have been the upto $150. I guess I could do it again with Crusoe and pick it again? Will hold off for now.
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭

Well i have bought a lot of 25$ offers and also the steam ones. Anyway thank you guys.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    I clicked zero because I have a VIP0 account and that makes me feel better about the shame on the other account.

Lol, NOT fair!
    I clicked zero because I have a VIP0 account and that makes me feel better about the shame on the other account.

That is cheating. :D I meant you as a person.

Maybe I should have specified "the sum you spend on all of your STT accounts"?

Oh no!!! Not another nit picked poll!!! But you’re nitpicking you’re own poll so does that count?

I was clarifying, that is completely different! B)

Oh no!!! Not another nit picked poll!!! But you’re nitpicking you’re own poll so does that count?

Weasley: I could have just been picking nits.
    -Pen Pals
  • I buy the monthly card and the campaign. Once in a while I'll buy the 25 pack that has a boatload of dilithium in it.

I would buy the regular 10 pack deals if they stopped doing straight drops of Super rares. I don't mind having dupes of certain cards. My Phillippa Georgiou's (sp) came in very handy in the past event.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't nit-picked a poll in a couple hours... US dollars, Canadian dollars, or ???

I'm just kidding. Seriously though, thanks for making this anonymous.

4. Monthly card costs $4, but gives $5 of VIP points. That's only $12/year, but hey, it's a thing.
    Farewell 🖖
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you were clear. Because I knew I made a mistake when I selected what I do for one account.
    So basically I wanted to find out how whalish whales really are, that is why there are so many extremely high numbers in the poll. But if people "workaround" that with referring to single accounts with low spendings then... well.. I will not get to know. Too bad. ;)
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy Monthly Card and Campaign, and usually the 10 for £10 - premium packs and some of the Iconic Crew legendaries for £10. Typically however I would not spend more than £30-40 a month and probably the average is more likely £20 a month but maybe one rainy day when the servers are down I'll trawl through my bank statements and find out.

I even log in to FB get to get the lowest exchange rate/third party cuts on purchases £7.21 on the $9.99 offers is the lowest I've paid for. So this would also throw out any VIP to actual money spent calculation.

Before campaigns were introduced there were less tantalising offers, so many months previously I spent just £3.21 a month.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    So basically I wanted to find out how whalish whales really are, that is why there are so many extremely high numbers in the poll. But if people "workaround" that with referring to single accounts with low spendings then... well.. I will not get to know. Too bad. ;)

Pretty sure many people see this as too personal of a question to ask

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

If you really want to know, I’m at ~$45k from the vip calc over 33 months.

The last month or two since the honor sale have been under $500 due to not to pulling a lot on Tuesdays since the new cards are often purples.

If you really want to know, I’m at ~$45k from the vip calc over 33 months.

The last month or two since the honor sale have been under $500 due to not to pulling a lot on Tuesdays since the new cards are often purples.

Thanks, that gives some impression. Even though that is a lot of money I have to admit that I thought it was more.
    The guy who used to be the game director who spilled his guts on Facebook said there is at least one person who spent over $50k in one year

Oh - if that's all you wanted to know, you just had to ask :lol:
    Backstory:
    Original Frank account, established Jan 2016 (3 weeks after game launch) - that account 'died' in late March of 2016 when something got corrupted after buying an event pack - locked out for a week, CS tried very, very valiantly to track down the issue, but ultimately had to have me start a new account and we worked on replacing everything.

'New' Frank account, established 4/3/2016, is the one still in use today.

Funny enough, 'Original' Frank one day just started working again, randomly, in late 2017 when I tried to access it. Like a time capsule, everything was just as it was before the bugged purchase killed it. I don't play it anymore, but I do fire it up every Mega to get a 25k VP an event for a 4/5 copy of the gold.

Original Frank VIP Points: 143,700
    Current Frank VIP Points: 3,328,450

Divide those by 50, which is the easiest VIP - $ conversion, and you get $69,443 US dollars. I'd say it's closer to $62k in reality, notwithstanding oddities in sale purchases with full VIP and such.

51 months total in game gives us about $1,360 a month. That's an average over 4+ years and not a current reality, because as Paladin said, thanks to both a crazy pile of DIL I sit upon, Tuesday cards being at least half purples, and having completed all game content, achievements and cards, I probably only spend about $50-$75 a week now.

So like I originally said - $0.

Ha! Whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night.

• Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guy who used to be the game director who spilled his guts on Facebook said there is at least one person who spent over $50k in one year

I can think of 3 possible candidates for that milestone. One of them is retired, the other two are still active.