Home The Bridge
Options

How much do you spend on STT per month?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanoa, I guess I misjudged the extent of how personal your question was. Now that I see people are giving their numbers I admit to you my mistake and apologize. I find it interesting and insightful what we are seeing. Good poll.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    So basically I wanted to find out how whalish whales really are, that is why there are so many extremely high numbers in the poll. But if people "workaround" that with referring to single accounts with low spendings then... well.. I will not get to know. Too bad. ;)

Oh - if that's all you wanted to know, you just had to ask :lol:
    Backstory:
    Original Frank account, established Jan 2016 (3 weeks after game launch) - that account 'died' in late March of 2016 when something got corrupted after buying an event pack - locked out for a week, CS tried very, very valiantly to track down the issue, but ultimately had to have me start a new account and we worked on replacing everything.

'New' Frank account, established 4/3/2016, is the one still in use today.

Funny enough, 'Original' Frank one day just started working again, randomly, in late 2017 when I tried to access it. Like a time capsule, everything was just as it was before the bugged purchase killed it. I don't play it anymore, but I do fire it up every Mega to get a 25k VP an event for a 4/5 copy of the gold.

Original Frank VIP Points: 143,700
    Current Frank VIP Points: 3,328,450

Divide those by 50, which is the easiest VIP - $ conversion, and you get $69,443 US dollars. I'd say it's closer to $62k in reality, notwithstanding oddities in sale purchases with full VIP and such.

51 months total in game gives us about $1,360 a month. That's an average over 4+ years and not a current reality, because as Paladin said, thanks to both a crazy pile of DIL I sit upon, Tuesday cards being at least half purples, and having completed all game content, achievements and cards, I probably only spend about $50-$75 a week now.

So like I originally said - $0.

Impressive! Thank you, @Frank?!

@Banjo1012 That is really a lot. I thought there were more whales in that region though.

Overall I still think that STT is quite profitable. Also the dolphins spend quite a lot.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Banjo1012 I am aware that it was a personal question, that is why the poll was anonymous in the first place.
    No offense taken, so no need to apologize! :)

Thanks to the big spenders for laying out their investments anyway to satisfy my (and other's) curiosity and also for financing the game we all love so much! Keep it going if you can but stop if for some reason you can't! <3
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Banjo1012 I am aware that it was a personal question, that is why the poll was anonymous in the first place.

Thanks to the big spenders for laying out their investments anyway to satisfy my (and other's) curiosity and also for financing the game we all love so much! Keep it going if you can but stop if for some reason you can't! <3

As others have said, my spending is dwindling as well. Not so much that I can’t, but as most know I am very fan specific as to the crew I want and keep. As time went on I acquired everyone I wanted in the game, am in a place where I can do what I want at a high level of competition, and have enough variance to have good bonus crew on most events. Now I am in the mode where all I need or want is in new crew coming out. I used to buy lots of premium pull offers but now I only do it when it comes with the good grip of dilithium. And I do still buy all the offers that give me things needed for faction event competition. That monthly number was undoubtedly higher in my first two years and less now. But it did spike during the Xmas and Convergence Day and anniversary periods. Who could pass up those citations right?

• Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I say zero, but sometimes I'll buy the premium campaign if I find the card useful.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    been around since day one and am still vip12. in fact the next purchase takes me to 13 - so i've been holding out for a long while. hoping to never make 14 and the $1000 mark because that would make me very sad.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Would be good to have more small amounts in the poll cause many just do the $4 monthly card and others do $14 for monthly card and campaign. I probably have averaged about $7 a month for more entire four years. 0 dollars a month for the first year. 4 dollars a month for the second year with monthly card. About 9 dollars a month for third year as I bought a couple $25 deals. About 14 dollars a month for the fourth year with campaigns.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much? Too much. 😆
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

As others have said, my spending is dwindling as well. Not so much that I can’t, but as most know I am very fan specific as to the crew I want and keep. As time went on I acquired everyone I wanted in the game, am in a place where I can do what I want at a high level of competition, and have enough variance to have good bonus crew on most events. Now I am in the mode where all I need or want is in new crew coming out. I used to buy lots of premium pull offers but now I only do it when it comes with the good grip of dilithium. And I do still buy all the offers that give me things needed for faction event competition. That monthly number was undoubtedly higher in my first two years and less now. But it did spike during the Xmas and Convergence Day and anniversary periods. Who could pass up those citations right?

Those deals that included citations are just, at the moment, a one time thing. Maybe they do it again, but, they were very hard to pass up. I would have to go back and check. Maybe I passed on one? Thinking there was a $100 one I passed on. Thinking the honor ones that gave other offers that went up in price. (Not sure, if those ran another day, maybe I passed on the first day ones at $50)

I am cofusing Christmas with Convergence not sure at all on what I might of passed on.
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Been playing since Sept 2016. I've averaged about $35 since I started. I've had Dil card only months and months where I spent over $100. I'd say my spending is more consistent, if not higher, with the campaigns. One big change with campaigns and 390 recap packs is I've stopped DYC on the mega gold.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve played for about a year and have spent roughly $25 in total (two monthly dil cards, one premium campaign and the steam starter pack) - so maybe $2/month.

That’s my total spending limit, so that average will decrease over time.
  • Options
    Comment!
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    V. wrote: »
    been around since day one and am still vip12. in fact the next purchase takes me to 13 - so i've been holding out for a long while. hoping to never make 14 and the $1000 mark because that would make me very sad.

I just bought today's LTO and it pushed me into VIP 14. While I'm happy about more crew slots etc. my first thought was that I've clearly spent too much money on this game 🙈🙈.

That said, I usually buy the monthly and the campaign every month and the occasional LTO. I also buy Amazon Coins and then use those. Cheaper than buying it directly though Android but still.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My answer may change soon...........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    lately i only do the campaigns & on occasion get at 15 pack or crew offer of some sort but really cutting back... on occasion depending on funds and current event news like megas I will go for the monthly dill just so I can try and get the odd character. Try to horde what dill i get for characters I really want for example I spent on the latest warship DR pack because hes a high stat character
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Starting today my money will stay in my pocket.
  • Options
    Me [AUS] wrote: »

Perhaps some feedback would help the company make changes, if there is a reason?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭

Perhaps some feedback would help the company make changes, if there is a reason?

Well the recent Diplomacy pack made me realize i should spend my money elsewhere.
  • Options

Well the recent Diplomacy pack made me realize i should spend my money elsewhere.

And there are two threads to convey your displeasure at your decision to buy such an over-priced Pull. Shan is sending feedback both ways.........
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭

And there are two threads to convey your displeasure at your decision to buy such an over-priced Pull. Shan is sending feedback both ways.........

Yes. This was related to how much you spend per month and from now on it will be 0 for me.
  • Options
    I used to buy the 30 day pack and then the premium pack as well but havent bought any in the last 2 months and it's fine. I'm even not bothering compeleting all the missions every day my attention is starting to wane and its starting to feel like a chore. :(
  • Options

Yes. This was related to how much you spend per month and from now on it will be 0 for me.

Okay, but as I said, you can actually give feedback to the company in the threads about the offer in question. You know, something actually helpful and constructive.......
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, but as I said, you can actually give feedback to the company in the threads about the offer in question. You know, something actually helpful and constructive.......

Voting with your wallet IS constructive and btw it is the language companies understand the best.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    For every 50,000 VIP points you have you have spent $1000

This also doesn't match my numbers, because of the extra VIP points that purchases come with. In the 3 weeks I've been playing, I've spent under $50 and never more than $10 at a time...yet I now have almost 4000 VIP.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options

Voting with your wallet IS constructive and btw it is the language companies understand the best.

But it is a little more effective if they know, so they can count your "vote". I just had to address some "questionable" comments about me in one of the two threads, and Me did post there.

Apologies if I sounded too harsh, Me.

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    But it is a little more effective if they know, so they can count your "vote". I just had to address some "questionable" comments about me in one of the two threads, and Me did post there.

Sanoa is completely right. For a company whose target is profit and to survive profit or no profit is the clearest language. Constructive suggestions how to improve that profit are a welcome bonus. Insulting the creators is not one (especially if not concerned by the "issue").

And nothing questionable at all - for anyone with a good understanding of psychology or at least the attitude of human beings. You trying to highjack the bridge (because there a posting gets more attention) with off topic and not Star Trek or STT stuff is a further example. Grats btw for an improvement of your real life situation...

• Options

Sanoa is completely right. For a company whose target is profit and to survive profit or no profit is the clearest language. Constructive suggestions how to improve that profit are a welcome bonus. Insulting the creators is not one (especially if not concerned by the "issue").

And nothing questionable at all - for anyone with a good understanding of psychology or at least the attitude of human beings. You trying to highjack the bridge (because there a posting gets more attention) with off topic and not Star Trek or STT stuff is a further example. Grats btw for an improvement of your real life situation...

Thank you. Been a long journey and a long struggle. Was helped by a great group of people.

Can I politely ask you something?

Can you point out {without selective quoting out of context to put false words in my mouth} where I "insulted the creators"?

I'm pretty sure you misread or misunderstood something, and it stuck in your craw, for some reason. I support the game, and enjoy it. Will be more financially supportive as that becomes possible. I appreciate that we have a great liaison like Shan. I'm also glad that Tipping Point is listening to the players.

I guess if I wish you a good rest of the evening, that will be considered a "brush-off", even though it is genuinely sincere.