Home The Bridge
Options

Deleted

W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in The Bridge
Deleted
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    In my humble opinion, while it certainly is cool and an honor for George...no. I like canon, and can tolerate non-canon, but do not need real life injected into Star Trek. Yes, it has been done before (MASH Odo and one or two more, right?). I’d rather they find a unique, canon version of George and honor him that way.

EDIT: Yeah, figured it was too good to be true. lol
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was an April fools joke. Not a particularly funny one IMO, but each to their own.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given all the landing parties Sulu was part of and all the cavernous places some of them ended up, it's well within the realm of reason. But then, I don't understand the strain of insistent reverence for canon in a non-canon game whose very conceit is non-canonical. Captain Killy can be on the D'Kora Krayton but Sulu can't hold a torch? C'mon
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I like the idea.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that it was just an April's fool joke would make it even better. I was a bit disappointed that there was nothing in the game for it today, not even a silly LTO.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    The fact that it was just an April's fool joke would make it even better. I was a bit disappointed that there was nothing in the game for it today, not even a silly LTO.

Like a free begold where all 3 options were Commodore April?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unnar wrote: »

Like a free begold where all 3 options were Commodore April?

Cooool!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Or, maybe a fusion crew where you merge the Clown and Commodore April to get ???
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Given all the landing parties Sulu was part of and all the cavernous places some of them ended up, it's well within the realm of reason. But then, I don't understand the strain of insistent reverence for canon in a non-canon game whose very conceit is non-canonical. Captain Killy can be on the D'Kora Krayton but Sulu can't hold a torch? C'mon

I didn’t say no to non-canon characters (I tolerate them just fine), I said no to this particular non-canon character. Do I like canon characters better, I do. In this game, is it realistic to only do canon characters...clearly no. The degree of non-canon referenced is simply one I do not care for. I can make the leap of Killy on a Ferengi starship. In my humble opinion, that is not the same as Torch-bearer George. To each, his or her own. Such is the beauty of these Forums.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closing :)
This discussion has been closed.