Home The Bridge

What would you like the next Mega-Event to be?

2»

Comments

• That said, the next mega event is an STD event in Jan/Feb when when the show returns to air for the second half of its season.

I feel like I've heard this second Discovery mega event referenced several times on the forums by players but never by DB. Did I miss a post about this somewhere?
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Universe
    Skizzy wrote: »
    That said, the next mega event is an STD event in Jan/Feb when when the show returns to air for the second half of its season.

I feel like I've heard this second Discovery mega event referenced several times on the forums by players but never by DB. Did I miss a post about this somewhere?

No. And DB would NEVER reference that, and delete it retroactively if they accidentally did. It's just a logical assumption.
  • Mirror Universe
    Or really anything as long as it’s doesn’t start next week. Two mega events per year max please.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or really anything as long as it’s doesn’t start next week. Two mega events per year max please.

Didn’t we already have three this year alone?
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominion War

Yep every other month. Which means either DB skips December and does we get STD shots again in Jan, or we might get back to back megas.....

Just cause they might be too short staffed to do something well does not mean they will not try.

• AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Xindi
    During the launch of Discovery, we sort of missed out on the 30th anniversary of The Next Generation. We could have a TNG mega-event to make up for this!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Romulans
    If I had to put them in an order I'd say...
    Romulans
    Dominion
    Mirror Universe
    Vulcans
    Cardassians (although they might be able to be paired in with the Dominion)
    Ferengi

Q aren't an option to me because there's so few Q who could head a Mega Event, it'd just be the same 5 Q over and over again, Q, Madame Q, Q Jr, Amanda Rogers, and that Q in the comet prison.

With something like the Dominion, you can add in the Cardassians and the Breen and you've got a full-fledged Mega Event on your hands. You can do a nice mix of new and old.
    New: Weyoun 7 (5*), Thot Gor (4*), Eris (4*), Tora Ziyal (5*), Changeling Martok (4*), Ikat'ika (4*), the young Jem'Hadar from "Abandoned" (4*), Decaying Founder (5*), Legate Broca (3*)
    Old: Laas (4*), Dominion Dukat (4*), Goran'Agar (4*), and Revolutionary Damar (5*), Keevan (3*), Third Remata'klan (3*), Constable Odo (3*)

Romulans as my top choice also has a huge amount of characters that could be done.
    New: Admiral Valdore (5*), Commander Donatra (4*), Commander Toreth (4*), Ambassador T'Pel (5*), Orum (4*), Senator Tal'Aura (4*), Praetor Neral (5*), Centurion Bochra (3*), Subcommander N'Vek (3*)
    Old: Alidar Jarok (4*), Shinzon (5*), Rakal Troi (4*), Subcommander T'Rul (4*), Senator Cretak (3*), The Viceroy (3*)
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    it'd just be the same 5 Q over and over again, Q, Madame Q, Q Jr, Amanda Rogers, and that Q in the comet prison.

Not to disagree with your point, but don't forget Corbin Bernsen Q.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominion War
    Dralix wrote: »
    it'd just be the same 5 Q over and over again, Q, Madame Q, Q Jr, Amanda Rogers, and that Q in the comet prison.

And everyone knows we need Riker Q!

If there were to actually be a Q Mega though...probably the other characters would simply be from Q episodes, so lots of cosplaying and whatnot (get ready for Civil War Janeway!)
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romulans

Okay so 6 Q :p
    But the event would be like
    Week 1: Amanda Rogers (5* new), Q2 (4* new), Human Q (4* old), God Q (free event 5* new)
    Week 2: Riker Q (5* new), Civil War Q (4* new), Civil War Janeway (4* new), God Q
    Week 3: Madame Q (5* new), Q Jr (4* new), Icheb (4* old), God Q
    Week 4: Judge Q (5* old), Quinn (4* new), Fierce Guinan (4* old), God Q
    3-star Rewards: Expedition Vash (old), Jazz Musician Riker (old), Ensign Picard (new - from "Tapestry")

And there's only so much of John de Lancie's Q (Judge Q, Human Q, God Q, Civil War Q) I could take. Having him appear almost twice every week for a month would be overkill.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
    Dominion War

Week 1: Amanda Rogers (5* new), Q2 (4* new), Human Q (4* old), God Q (free event 5* new)
    Week 2: Riker Q (5* new), Civil War Q (4* new), Civil War Janeway (4* new), God Q
    3-star Rewards: Expedition Vash (old), Jazz Musician Riker (old), Ensign Picard (new - from "Tapestry")

And there's only so much of John de Lancie's Q (Judge Q, Human Q, God Q, Civil War Q) I could take. Having him appear almost twice every week for a month would be overkill.

Id think "Adult Wesley" and a gratuitous one off like the Klingon Woman that appears briefly in that same ep that Q makes Wesley an "adult" could work. Or the folks from the stop on the road in the Continuum. Or from the Civil War (Q and the Grey) you have Colonel Q.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Q

Well, 7, actually. :p

Colonel Q:
    kq279wtggiev.jpg

EDIT: One could argue that the female Judge Q, who presided over the fate of Q Jr., could be added, but her part may not warrant inclusion. There were also numerous unnamed Q's who were on screen but really only as extras, like the other judges from that same episode, and the "country folk" who appeared in that VOY episode where they created a manifestation of the Continuum which humans could perceive.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Dominion War
    How about Isaac Newton and Maury Ginsberg? Or that Civil War (US Civil War) Riker? (I keep getting told we need more RIkers....) (Just watched Death WIsh again)
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Q

What is this heresy that Q's are 4*? Being omnipotent doesn't deserve a 5* status egad and an El Aurian instead of mariachi Q
    0dp1fbx7tqgv.png
  • Mirror Universe

Yes. Which felt like too many. Two mega events per year seems like an appropriate amount.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Dominion War
    Jem'Hadar, Vorta and Founders are the primary targets. After that....how about the crew of the Valiant. A "normal" Bashir, (not Raquet ball, or alternate timeline). A wartime Defiant.

ANYTHING, but STD...you would be better off including the Orville crew and ships.
  • Mirror Universe
    I still really want a Doomsday Machine space Mega Event! :)
  • "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Why not an old fashioned Klingon vs federation war with federation and Klingons as bonus crew?
  • Dominion War
    Why not an old fashioned Klingon vs federation war with federation and Klingons as bonus crew?

That's not a bad idea.

The ones I want to see right now are:

DS9-Dominion Mega Event
    With a new Sisko or Odo as the recurring *5

Captains Mega Event
    All Captains are bonus crew, new versions of Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway and Archer (I guess you could throw in Lorca or Georgiou as well). Captain Spock is the recurring *5.

Augments vs TOS Event
    Featuring a lot of Wrath of Khan characters (Captain Terrell, a new version of Saavik, Commander Kyle), but you could also have Redshirt Khan and characters from Enterprise's augment arc. Also a good place to put Captain Spock, or alternatively, a new Kirk or Khan as the recurring *5

Future War Event
    Featuring characters from the Alternative Future seen in All Good Things, The Visitor and Endgame. Daniels and the Temporal Cold War from Enterprise could tie into it too. Future Admiral Janeway might make a good recurring *5.

Romulan Event
    We still need Mark Lenard's Romulan Commander and other characters from Balance of Terror. I think Senator Vreenak or a new Tomalak would be a good recurring *5.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot the most important option, Combs mega-event.

That would be fun but I’d rather have a Majel Barrett event

Number One
    Christine Chapel
    Lwaxana
    M’Ress

Actually, a joint Combs/Barrett event would be perfect 😀

• al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Wesleys
    Didn't voted in their poll. My favorite faction =/= faction I want to see in Mega. And I don't care enough to lie.