Home The Bridge
Options

So excited about Medic Reno!! But...

mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
I've been holding 4 cites since the citation sale in the vague hopes that a strong MED/ENG (either order) would drop which would be stronger than Imprinted Archer and also have more useful traits than White Rabbit. Honestly didn't think it was gonna happen but it did! So immediately pulled 7 packs and got Medic Reno! Cant wait to get her immortalised :)

Heres my but....

With her addition, of all the 3 stat crew, she is now the 3rd highest Med voyage score. Just behind Mycelial Culber and Dr. Pollard. So.... the top 3 Med crew are all from Disco? I know that a card is a card and theres no reason to balance the series but I feel like all the other ST series medics have been short changed. McCoy, Crusher, Pulaski, Bashir, EMH, Phlox they all have so many variant choices with multiple seasons under their belts.

I know that McCoy is a single stat beast and Surgeon Pulaski is up there too but she's a 2 stat card so unlikely to make it onto a voyage.

Not a complaint. Just an observation and a mild whinge :p

Comments

• Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess all of the best doctors were from early on in the Star Trek Timelines, and they must have become worse as the centuries went on...?
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    I guess all of the best doctors were from early on in the Star Trek Timelines, and they must have become worse as the centuries went on...?

lol maybe they hit Peak medicine
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Discovery doctors' dominance will surely be challenged by Moritz Benayoun.
    Exactly.
  • Options
    No love for my girl Crusher
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    My complaint is that the third skill is SCI. After she chose to remain behind with her crew, that's some serious CMD in my book. And I have all my MED, ENG and SCI seats filled. Caretaker, Loken, Torpedo McCoy, Cheesecake Seven, Amanda Rogers, and Mirror Stamets.

As much as I wanted this card, I can't bring myself to try Tuesday packs and use 4 citations. If she were an event card, I would have gone for it. I saw someone in my fleet say they did 30 pulls and didn't get her. That's pretty rough.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My complaint is that the third skill is SCI. After she chose to remain behind with her crew, that's some serious CMD in my book. And I have all my MED, ENG and SCI seats filled. Caretaker, Loken, Torpedo McCoy, Cheesecake Seven, Amanda Rogers, and Mirror Stamets.

As much as I wanted this card, I can't bring myself to try Tuesday packs and use 4 citations. If she were an event card, I would have gone for it. I saw someone in my fleet say they did 30 pulls and didn't get her. That's pretty rough.

That has become a popular skill set. I think too after going so long with so few crew with it, DB (at the time) went out of their way to make sure it got covered, especially when voyages were introduced

• Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    lol Reno's reign as 3rd highest Med score for a 3 stat crew was short lived. Now Soji takes her spot.

In the top 3rd, 4th and 5th position are Soji, Reno and Q. Kinda emphasises the point around unbalanced representation of Physician/Doctor/CMO representation from the other series.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Just want to emphasise, Im not complaining. I like all the MED cards. Its one of my weaker traits :)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    lol Reno's reign as 3rd highest Med score for a 3 stat crew was short lived. Now Soji takes her spot.

In the top 3rd, 4th and 5th position are Soji, Reno and Q. Kinda emphasises the point around unbalanced representation of Physician/Doctor/CMO representation from the other series.

At least they left "Physician" off the Crew who not only was confirmed to be a medical doctor, but also actively utilized her specialty while in the status represented by her Crew Card..........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?