Home Make It So!
Options

One Problem With All These Ships

Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Make It So!
To start with, let me say that I'm not a player who cares about having (or not having) any particular ships in the game, therefore, take that into consideration here.

But I would rather that more thought be given to the ship abilities in regard to the other ships in the game. Specifically, how they perform against other ships in the Arena.

One only needs to look at the top 5% in each division (and I'm guessing it goes much further than that, but I don't generally ever slip below that point to see what that area looks like). The vast majority of ships used are exactly the same, in each respective division. Bird of Prey for Commander, Borg Cube for Captain, Krayton for Admiral.

In new ships that are being added to the game, I would really like to see ship actions that can counteract the actions in the top Arena ships. Frankly, it's hugely boring right now. I had been one of the rare players using the Discovery in Admiral Division for quite a few months, just to be different (even though it meant I had to furiously battle back into the top 1% each night), but last week I finally gave in, and switched to the Krayton (which, as an aside, is a terribly ugly ship, but that's another topic entirely).

So now, I don't fall in rank as much, and it's no problem whatsoever to regain rank when I do, but the whole process is no fun at all. There's absolutely no challenge, and it's so very monotonous seeing only that one ship over and over again. I'd resigned myself to the same thing in the other divisions (though I tried my 2* Borg Cube in Cmdr Div once I'd gotten that maxed, thinking perhaps it'd perform as well as its big sister, but that was not the case). Admiral Division, on the other hand, was where there used to be a bit more variety. Not now.

So, instead of merely tickling the fancy of players who just want to see a specific ship added to the game, how about actually making them useful? (And it wouldn't hurt to revisit the ships currently in-game, although I don't expect that to happen, if I'm being realistic.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add to that that scrolling through all those ships is annoying.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear ya. Certainly an issue that I'd like to see addressed, as well. 👍 But a topic for a different thread. 🙂🖖

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

This topic has been addressed ad nauseum in many other threads.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, right now, it makes no real difference how accurate or evasive either ship is because Attack boosts overwhelm anything that isn't cloaked. There ought to be a Rock, Paper, Scissors type dynamic to ships, which should be weighted noticeably toward one of the three abilities like so:

711801llbw72.jpg

In this model, it would be up to the crew to either boost a C to a B or a B to an A; or to lower a C to a D if there's a penalty involved. I think that's what was originally intended, but Accuracy and Evasion are all but irrelevant thanks to crew like Captain Killy and the Rura Penthe Commandant.