Home The Bridge
Options

Why only one discount 490 Cyberneticist pack?

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
My theory is that since there are only twelve super rare cyberneticists, WRG decided to go with only one this week. Maybe it will only be one each week or maybe they'll bump it up to two next week and/or the week after. Or maybe not.

When I looked at SR cyberneticists, I noticed that some were kind of recent, including a Tuesday pack Dress Uniform Dr. Crusher. I'm guessing that WRG didn't want to put them in 490 packs, which is fair.

However, there is precedent for two legendaries and one SR in a pack. I got a couple Mirror Spock's that way. I can't remember if the rest of the community like those, disliked those, or were indifferent. Personally, I would rather see two legendaries plus one SR if it will get is that second discount packs at 490 dilithium. I mean, there's some good cyberneticist legendaries that I would love a shot to get. :)
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    More cyberneticist packs please. My dilithium wishes to be spent on them.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big mistake. Offer two this week, because I am less likely to care about these offers in the next two weeks since half the event is over.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    And no new crew this Tuesday?
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

They put the new crew in the Romulan one.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Yeah I see that now. Major yuck
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options

Agreed that pack style is still a work in progress.

Edit: was going to remove the 2nd quote, but figured it was worth the double yuck.

Couldn't do a double Awesome, so quoted to say this is awesome. :)
    Big mistake. Offer two this week, because I am less likely to care about these offers in the next two weeks since half the event is over.

Almost with you. I'll buy some next week before full faction if I like the crew. After that, it's pointless for just a skirmish remaining. I would have to really, really like the crew. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    If two month old Annika Hansen Seven can be this week's LTO, I don't see why four and a half month old Dress Uniform Beverly Crusher can't be in a 490 pack.

I didn't realize she's been in the game that long. Thanks, Forum Historian! :)
    (And yes, I agree that she could easily have been included.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went after her and got her. These packs are so much better with two purpled and one gold. Like the price too. She will replace my Phoenix Cochrane. Been disappointed with his stats for quite a while. This bump up makes me happy
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    They still got ten bucks out of me for Annika.

But I agree I usually bit on a couple of the 490 packs because they were good for the mega.

Mega edit: I read this thread but my brain was still thinking about the Romulan pack I don’t like.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I went after her and got her. These packs are so much better with two purpled and one gold. Like the price too. She will replace my Phoenix Cochrane. Been disappointed with his stats for quite a while. This bump up makes me happy

This Pack represents a much much much much much better deal than that other Pack. My Torres is FF, and I still did one Pull to provide a "positive" vote with my wallet. Leah has already made it to Level 40........

🖖🤓👍🤓🖖
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Agreed that pack style is still a work in progress.

Edit: was going to remove the 2nd quote, but figured it was worth the double yuck.

Couldn't do a double Awesome, so quoted to say this is awesome. :)

Almost with you. I'll buy some next week before full faction if I like the crew. After that, it's pointless for just a skirmish remaining. I would have to really, really like the crew. :)

Yes you are right these offers are only useful to events before a faction (maybe expedition, what is an expedition?)

For people chasing crew, I guess if the crew they are looking for is there, these packs are good anytime.

But still poor choice by TP. Since, half faction coming and the next week faction, should be two this week and next.
  • Options
    KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    I was happy enough to get 2 mrs brahms from 4 trys
    Sadly the rest was all honour. I had hoped for at least one dr crusher, but pulled 3 liaison torres from two trys.

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadavar wrote: »
    Sadly the rest was all honour. I had hoped for at least one dr crusher, but pulled 3 liaison torres from two trys.
    Ya it does help to get a legendary when you are hoping to get just one of the superrares. So happy for you that you did not get 5 Torres. I am guessing though that you pulled Brahms on 1st pack or 2nd. And that was why you did 4👍
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pack with DU Crusher along with a non-immortal legendary would be the only option to get me into buying these packs. All other Cyberneticist SRs are immortal and even for 490 Dil I will not bite with a 90% chance of honor.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    Kadavar wrote: »
    Ya it does help to get a legendary when you are hoping to get just one of the superrares. So happy for you that you did not get 5 Torres. I am guessing though that you pulled Brahms on 1st pack or 2nd. And that was why you did 4👍

Yes, I pulled Brahms first go or id have quit then, as i had been thinking of saving for the end if event packs.
  • Options
    I did 3 pulls, 2 was Brahms