Home The Bridge
Options

Should we be able to warp cadet missions?

[STJ] Wendell[STJ] Wendell ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Bridge
Do you think we should be able warp cadet missions and finally vault those 2⭐️ and 3⭐️ crew?
STAR TREK JUNKIES

Should we be able to warp cadet missions? 202 votes

Yes warp
72%
izausome[RO]BitterDevilJeanLucKirkAviTrek[VIP0] Kooz[KM] UL1R53Z•A•P•P ©™eXo | James DobbsCaptain TFSSR BarkleySabine of AthensCanAus Todd[NDQ] Joker41NAMTromasterXoiiku[UFP] notsure4presidentgarnerMordack[SoCo] Dr. AcularMystikal 146 votes
No remain as is
26%
XanatharChief Eud{DD}rickAstrometricseXo|cuzspicy[KM]VidemThe FishFor Cardassia[GoT] jess-gayData1001Captain No.9Rocpileguest_7456V.South of SuluNad HalIvanstonescruffy151master ohne zaster (f2p)eXo | Cadet Matt[Sushi] Ootoro 53 votes
Other
1%
Captain_WhoPallidyne[RotP] Scoustar 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    RNGeverythingRNGeverything ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yes warp
    Absolutely without a doubt. I max missions so I don't have to do them again. Doing the same six missions over and over and over and over and over again bores the crap out of me. At least give me the option. People who want to continue the repetitive grind can do so at their leisure.

I don't really care about the crew slots. Seriously, you're only talking about ten to fifteen slots. All of which you will fill in a week, and be right back here complaining about the same problem. This will not solve your crew slot problem.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    Yes warp
    I can’t help but feel like the only reason the missions are not warpable is because they want 2* and 3* crew to remain “useful.” However the majority of people are going to vault them all anyways except for a skeleton crew to run their favorite farming missions. I would just as soon vault them all and then warp. You still need to max a decent assortment of them in order to warp the missions, warping is less tedious, and most people will keep several on hand anyway to run in commander division.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes warp
    I vote yes, they are quite redundant now with voyages and I only don't them for the 50 chronos
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    No remain as is
    Darxide wrote: »
    The reason you can't is so that you can't vault all of your cadets

I agree with this.
    This will not solve your crew slot problem.

And I also agree with this.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I can’t help but feel like the only reason the missions are not warpable is because they want 2* and 3* crew to remain “useful.”

Which is the reason cadet challenges were created in the first place.
  • Options
    Yes warp
    Irial wrote: »
    Darxide wrote: »
    The reason you can't is so that you can't vault all of your cadets

I agree with this.
    This will not solve your crew slot problem.

And I also agree with this.

+1 to both
  • Options
    No remain as is
    I have never seen the lack of crew slots as a problem, but more as something that captains need to strategize around. I like this limitation and have made it work. In fact, I could argue that by embracing this limitation, I perform better in other aspects of the game by having to focus on fewer crew cards at a time and being intentional about where my credits, equipment, merits, rations, etc. go.

The only "advantage" I see to warping these missions (besides the 15 seconds it takes to thumb through them) is reducing the need to have active crew that can complete them, which I am against. As such, I voted no.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    Yes warp
    (besides the 15 seconds it takes to thumb through them)

It's that. I'm getting some major arthritis in my thumbs. It's literally a pain to thumb through for 15 seconds, heh.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes warp
    Yes, but only if you have active crew to make all the nodes light up green.
  • Options
    Yes warp
    So I am really curious what Pallidyne’s idea is since he/she was the only vote for other.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Yes warp
    As much time that they make you wait to load the game warping cadets would be a nice trade off. I'm going to take it a bit further. Why not instant Gauntlet. If the results are predetermined then why make me suffer watching my crap rolls? Just let me lose quickly and quietly.
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    No remain as is
    Not sure why you're being a dick. He asked a simple question.

Wasn't the intention. I also gave a simple answer. I'll rephrase:

All I was saying is that his reasoning for why we should are the exact reason for why we shouldn't. Or rather, the reasons why we can't.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    No remain as is
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I vote yes, they are quite redundant now with voyages and I only don't them for the 50 chronos

You sure are missing out then. I get all sorts of valuable items from cadet missions, not to mention the credits on Saturday.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Yes

Anyone that says no has serious e-peen issues. They paid for slots and want to keep the game stale and keep new players from joining. Either that or they are mentally challenged and like reading the same text over and over and over and over and over....

I hate clicking the text and makes me want to quit. I've read it, I get it. Now I just want my holoprograms and done.

There is enough content in the game to not add fluff. We should not have to keep the scrubs on our ship taking up space from characters we PAID for!!!

I want extra 4* on my ship, not a bunch of useless 2*. I leveled them up, I maxed out all the stars (when it was random and not automatic), where is my reward for this???

There is none, the reward should be the ability to warp. I even paid for warp before it was free. Where is my compensation for that?

All I want is to freeze the 12-15 unless flesh bags on my ship and allow me to put 4* in thier place I had to freeze for voyage diversity.

It's bad game design and frustrates players.

I am surprised so many people actually said no. I just don't get this playerbase. If there is something idiotic and hurts most players, there is someone out there championing it.

So yeah, it's time to stop the repetition, clear out our crew quarters, and allow warping Cadet missions. Absolutely it is a no brainier. You have to be missing a brain to think keeping it like it is, is a good thing..

EDIT:. It may not solve crew slot problems, it will surely help. I have 180 slots and about 20 4* frozen on ice. Cadets do nothing, those 4* could take a voyage. We have around 400 characters now and have to airlock 5* because we need to keep a 2* card... Doing this would be something DB could give to the players to try to show they are not greedy dirt bags

It'll be a soft band-aid, similar to extending the starbases 1%.

It's funny, as with Voyages I'm actually immortalizing faster than I'm acquiring new characters.

September was an amazing month finishing off 30 characters (17 4*, and 1 5* (thanks to citations), and October 22... (12 4* and 1 5* (ok I paid the 25 for a star on T'Kuvma)) Yeah doing some 3s in there and I did the new 2s as well, but still......and already on track for a good month, with 7 4* and 1 3* already.

I think there's either a place where you hit a tipping point that you can acquire resources more easily, combined with the other opportunities DB has provided like the Gauntlet and especially Voyages that it just gets easier or I'm just a lucky frakkin bastage.

Might also be that I dont go all out on every galaxy event but sometimes go leveling up a ton.

Not saying some folks don't have some issues with slots, especially in the beginning, or those with a lot of unfused crew. But I really think the warp question should be more determined about actual gameplay than slots. They are stale, but I'd rather see new challenges now and again than just a skip all.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    It'll be a soft band-aid, similar to extending the starbases 1%.

Numerically yes, but I feel like it'd be a lasting gain just from a feels perspective. People will always want more crew slots, but at the moment every time a decision has to be made about who to keep and who to airlock, it's always going to have "...and I'm wasting six slots on cadets" tacked on in our minds. Some players may look at that as an extra challenge in managing resources, that's fine, but I think a lot more just low-key resent it - and the game's not hard up for resource-management challenges, I don't feel it needs this one. Free those slots up, and yeah we'll all be back to making live-or-die choices a few events later when six new crew have shown up, but at least when we're doing that there won't be this additional source of aggravation.

I gotta say I really think we get a bigger bang out of the feature sets being added with bigger picture aggravation alleviation in mind.
  • Options
    Yes warp
    If you put the work into getting the various crew required to get all the stars on those missions, then you should be able to retire those crew and warp the missions. Every time I scroll past these cadets on my roster "waste of space" is always my first thought. I cannot use them for anything EXCEPT for the cadet missions. At least the "Rare" characters have a second use in the Arena but the Cadets do nothing for me.
  • Options
    No remain as is
    I run the bare minimum crew...sito, palazar and seka. don't farm just run to claim the chrons and the daily targets in fleet. But on Thursday i will buy extra if i have the dil to stock up boosts. That said, if you're running extra missions, then you SHOULD pay the price. Everything comes with a price and with cadets the price is you MUST run them.
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Options
    Educated_BeastEducated_Beast ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yes warp
    I run the bare minimum crew...sito, palazar and seka. don't farm just run to claim the chrons and the daily targets in fleet. But on Thursday i will buy extra if i have the dil to stock up boosts. That said, if you're running extra missions, then you SHOULD pay the price. Everything comes with a price and with cadets the price is you MUST run them.

So how does adding extra fluff benefit the game?

Is this a feature you would show a friend your trying to get to play?

Here man check this out. It's like a word game, but it is always the same and the rewards are even random. Most of the time, you don't even get what you want! But don't worry, next week you can click on it again exactly the same and also not get what you want.

As a bonus, you also lose slots for characters you actually paid for. They go to time out so you can read the same thing again.

Seriously? You must run them is your reason? Warp is not running it?

I'm genuinely interested, in your mind, how many times should you read the exact same text again and again before you can skip it? At what point does it cease to be a game (fun) and become work?

For me, that's about 3 times. Coincidentally the same amount require to star the mission.

It's not just about cadets eating up slots of PAID characters, it's also about playability.

Remember, even if you have warp, you can still click through it. No one would take away your obsessive compulsive disorder. You can still be you.
  • Options
    Yes warp
    I would gladly give up 15 or 20 crew slots to get the ability to warp those.
  • Options
    Yes warp
    Yeah me too
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    I think there's another reason they don't make them warpable beyond having to keep the crew - If you can warp them, is buying 6 tickets on a Chron day any different than just buying Chrons, or boosts on boost day, credits on a credit day? At that point they probably would feel like they were shooting themselves in the foot, giving players alternate, cheaper ways to buy the things they hope you'll already buy other ways. The lack of warp and the delay timer add an element of work they hope will keep the decision alive in some player's mind - "Do I really want to waste my time on 6 tickets when I could buy chrons for more money and get them instantly?"