Home The Bridge
Options

Event leader boards

Is there anyway we can a log of the top 50 or 100 posted on the forums after each event? I would like to know what the finished results of VP for prior events to be able to gauge what VP to shoot for on a particular event and it’s type. I know could just screen shot it as the event ends, but I am not always able to pay attention when it ends. So results posted here by the dev team would be awesome and incredibly helpful!
Fleet - Omega Molecules
lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.

Comments

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see the top 50 anytime by going into the Leaderboards. Just do a quick screengrab a few seconds before the end of the event, or right before the phase change if you need that too. Otherwise, someone around the 100 mark will have to contribute that info.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice. The problem is we only get 5 ranks with each screenshot. So it is fairly hard to get a pic of top 50. Would be nice if TP could put it at the end of the event information on the forum.
  • Options
    just get 2 million points in phase 2 and Top 50 is almost guaranteed
  • Options
    Thank you TemporalAgent7!! That’s exactly what I was looking for! Now if only TP would do that so it’s “official” as opposed to unofficial from the outside. Regardless, that’s exactly it! I holy hell 10mil was first place week! Insane! Apparently Commander Sinclair didn't read that I said it isn’t always possible to take a screenshot before the events end.... so I’m glad someone understood. Thank you again!
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    This utterly insane! I was looking at few past events.... 10+ mil for last weeks winner, 8+ mil for the week before as well as the week before that.... and here I was thinking it would be safe to get 5mil.... and they say there isn’t any cheating going on..... unbelievable.... that these people seriously enormously large sums of disposable income!! How else could they buy such wins with such large sums of money! This is probably why DB/TP doesn’t want to post results after it’s over cause they would then be forced into investigating those winners and other top place holders....

I’ve been poking around with math for events and just strictly 5mil vp @4k vp per shuttle is over 1200 successful shuttles no boosts and using dil at 200 per shuttle to auto finish is over 200k dil! It’s incredible! Obvi this is just basic math and it gets more complicated when you add in Time boosts or 2x boosts. I feel like I’m at a loss on ever being able to get what will likely the final achievement of winning an event..... to save 60-70k dil to auto finish shuttles, have 500-700+ or more requisition shuttles, have 100s of gold, purple, blue time reducers and 2x boosts just to be able to win a faction event.... not to mention all the merits to keep getting more missions but that probably isn’t as big an issue.... this is insane..... I don’t see how this company can be hurting for funds when people have to buy so much to win week after week.... unless all these people are asking for refunds from google/Apple.... or maybe they are doing surveys to get gift cards for whatever platform they play on..... I’m at a total loss for words despite this ranting....
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    This utterly insane! I was looking at few past events.... 10+ mil for last weeks winner, 8+ mil for the week before as well as the week before that.... and here I was thinking it would be safe to get 5mil.... and they say there isn’t any cheating going on..... unbelievable.... that these people seriously enormously large sums of disposable income!! How else could they buy such wins with such large sums of money! This is probably why DB/TP doesn’t want to post results after it’s over cause they would then be forced into investigating those winners and other top place holders....

I’ve been poking around with math for events and just strictly 5mil vp @4k vp per shuttle is over 1200 successful shuttles no boosts and using dil at 200 per shuttle to auto finish is over 200k dil! It’s incredible! Obvi this is just basic math and it gets more complicated when you add in Time boosts or 2x boosts. I feel like I’m at a loss on ever being able to get what will likely the final achievement of winning an event..... to save 60-70k dil to auto finish shuttles, have 500-700+ or more requisition shuttles, have 100s of gold, purple, blue time reducers and 2x boosts just to be able to win a faction event.... not to mention all the merits to keep getting more missions but that probably isn’t as big an issue.... this is insane..... I don’t see how this company can be hurting for funds when people have to buy so much to win week after week.... unless all these people are asking for refunds from google/Apple.... or maybe they are doing surveys to get gift cards for whatever platform they play on..... I’m at a total loss for words despite this ranting....

The Nhan event I threw everything I had at the faction part. I bought all the Xmas offers, anniversary, convergence day, every offer that had to do with boosts. I boarded all these things for I want to say 6 months. I was far ahead when the phase changed to galaxy, but I underestimated how many galaxy bullets I had and I ended up in 4th place. You think you’re upset? I can’t even quantify how much money that was over the long haul, only to finish 4th. Also, full faction is fruitless. Mechalobe has won the last, what? 35 of them? That’s why I went with a hybrid. I can save over the long haul but I’m not going to get into a one event wallet war with someone who obviously has a fatter one than mine

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TemporalAgent7 I went to the page but I don’t see where I can select leaderboards from the past. Where exactly do I go to change the number?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    @TemporalAgent7 I went to the page but I don’t see where I can select leaderboards from the past. Where exactly do I go to change the number?

The URL. Change https://datacore.app/event_info/?instance_id=205 to https://datacore.app/event_info/?instance_id=204, https://datacore.app/event_info/?instance_id=203, etc.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

The URL. Change https://datacore.app/event_info/?instance_id=205 to https://datacore.app/event_info/?instance_id=204, https://datacore.app/event_info/?instance_id=203, etc.

Oh ok. Thank you my friend!

• Options
    Yeah it’s insane.... no way some of that is “legal”.... like how the hell.... even the current event being faction/skirmish you use dil to boost your vp but it might take more time to do that my as opposed to just completing another round.... it’s rigged.... I feel your pain Banjo.... even a 4th place finish despite how impressive it is must feel like a slap in the face. I just want to win one for the achievement and that’s it.... who needs 35 wins?!?!?!? Why???? So you be first to immort the new legend and have your showing for all to see?? That’s stupid.... I actually wish they would remove that aspect.... I don’t care who was first to immort a new one.... cause all it does is boil it down to who has bigger wallet.... capitalism at it’s finest.... takes the fun out of the game.... also wish they had divisions on events based on VIP, not the level either.... but the other number.... like 50k+ number for vip 14.... so break them up by 50k to 59,999 and 60k to 69,999 and so on all the others are fine going by the vip level but the tiers for those already in vip 14.... like I’m vip 14.... so clearly I buy..... but I’d say I’m a causal buyer and honestly since hitting vip 14 my spending has dropped considerably.... mostly because the rewards aren’t there.... I’ll get the occasional 10 for 10, but beyond that I’m almost only campaign and monthly card.... and if the gold LTO is someone I really love I’ll do that but this last one of Annika left a sour taste in my mouth as I feel cheated out that already.... in the event she was a reward I dropped 300 spots with under an hour to go as I was at work couldn't keep playing from 1257 to 1587 in less than an hour.... it was bs! So I ranted about to cheating through a support ticket to get nothing out of it except being more pissed off.... and even then my spending halted for till the end of the campaign.... it’s all rigged to who has the bigger wallet....
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
  • Options
    Admiral HessAdmiral Hess ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I've been playing now for about 2 1/2 years; I average about $25 a month on the game, in the form of the monthly dilithium, the campaign boost, and the occasional $9.99 special that catches my eye. I do play every day, mostly on my phone, as it a convenient distraction and a source of entertainment. I feel that my $25 is a well-spent value, as I don't expect something for nothing.

That being said, I've seen the bloodshed at the end of events. One event recently I was ranked 840 is with 15 minutes to go. Checked back at 12:05, barely 20 minutes later, to see I was bumped to 1502! Argh! How the hell did I drop almost 700 positions in 15 minutes? A few months ago, after hoarding all my shuttle boosts, with 150 tokens, I managed to pound away at the faction mission non stop (It was a rainy weekend, not much else to do) - and with over 980K points, managed to snag #49. Of course, first place had almost 8 digits.

The game is designed for maximizing income - only the whales can buy their way to the top. But you know what, I've come to grips that if someone has that much free time and spare cash to sink thousands of dollars a month in a game - and when / if this game ever ends, have absolutely nothing to show for it except maybe bragging rights - then more power to them. I play the game for me; many of the events are "130K and out"; sometimes I'll push to 350K to get the portal. But truth is that I have about 85% of the super-rare crew maxed out, so most of the time those 10-packs equate to a set of dupes that become honor fodder. I'm focusing on building up the legendaries I have, and its slow, but steady. But its also very bothersome that the only way I can accelerate this is not by playing more, but by paying more.

What I would like to see is this: Remove the timer runout on those characters you get that don't fit in your crew slots - you can hold on to them indefinitely in your cargo hold as placeholders until you take them into your crew, or do a final sendoff. With that, the next would be a trade-off: you know how every once in a while you can buy a 1/5* for $9.99? Have one once a week, and then allow a trade back of, say, 20 super rares in your cargo hold in lieu of the cash. This way, for all of the dupes we get at the super rare level, we can trade them up for a needed 1/5* This would help level the playing field when it comes to building up your legendary crew - which would keep more folks interested, and then maybe they would invest more in the game.

It's just an idea.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won the (skirmish) event, Shackled to the Stars. Compared to the crew most people are using for skirmishes now, my crew was laughable. I didn’t have Killy (still don’t) and I had to use the IKS T’Ong. What I did have was time, a strategy, MASSIVE amounts of caffeine, and a MASSIVE amount determination. I had some chrons too, but probably WAY less than most people THINK you need to win a skirmish. And other than about 4 times I accidentally hit the 10 dil button for the extra rewards, I did it without spending.

So how did I do it? First, I told Mrs. Smelly I was going to be playing all weekend. I stocked up on easy to prepare, one handed snacks/meals. I had 8 two-liters of Mountain Dew. I had an endless loop of High on Fire, Motörhead, and Slayer blasting through my headphones. If I started feeling drowsy, I got up and paced while I played. I played every waking minute. I played while I ate, I played while I pooped, and I didn’t take a shower for 4 days. I timed how long it took every opponent in the top 10 to score 100k vp. I figured out that every 100k points I was leading = 38 minutes I could sleep. I slept for about 8 hours out of 96, but not all at once.

When it was done, the one thing I wanted to do more than anything was take a shower. After that, I wanted to sleep. Seriously, I felt like I was in a really bizarre dream for about 4 days after the event. Would I ever do it again? No way. Once was enough.

Oh, and even with my laughable ship/crew, I still managed to put up over 9 million vp.

You are even more insane than I am!! After a win, my eyes are blurry, my kind is mush and my arms are so, last time for a month. But I would not forego showering and all that. I see how you would need to for a skirmish but for a galaxy it’s rough but not that rough

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won the (skirmish) event, Shackled to the Stars. Compared to the crew most people are using for skirmishes now, my crew was laughable. I didn’t have Killy (still don’t) and I had to use the IKS T’Ong. What I did have was time, a strategy, MASSIVE amounts of caffeine, and a MASSIVE amount determination. I had some chrons too, but probably WAY less than most people THINK you need to win a skirmish. And other than about 4 times I accidentally hit the 10 dil button for the extra rewards, I did it without spending.

So how did I do it? First, I told Mrs. Smelly I was going to be playing all weekend. I stocked up on easy to prepare, one handed snacks/meals. I had 8 two-liters of Mountain Dew. I had an endless loop of High on Fire, Motörhead, and Slayer blasting through my headphones. If I started feeling drowsy, I got up and paced while I played. I played every waking minute. I played while I ate, I played while I pooped, and I didn’t take a shower for 4 days. I timed how long it took every opponent in the top 10 to score 100k vp. I figured out that every 100k points I was leading = 38 minutes I could sleep. I slept for about 8 hours out of 96, but not all at once.

When it was done, the one thing I wanted to do more than anything was take a shower. After that, I wanted to sleep. Seriously, I felt like I was in a really bizarre dream for about 4 days after the event. Would I ever do it again? No way. Once was enough.

Oh, and even with my laughable ship/crew, I still managed to put up over 9 million vp.

I’m curious, how many points did you win by?

• Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I’m curious, how many points did you win by?

dni4vbnz7rea.png

Not a huge margin. Hence, the very little sleep. Those dudes made me earn it.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. There’s always someone right behind you trying like crazy to knock you down. after you explained what you did to win now I know why hour name is Smelly! (Sorry. I had to)
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. There’s always someone right behind you trying like crazy to knock you down. after you explained what you did to win now I know why hour name is Smelly! (Sorry. I had to)

Ha! I almost made that joke myself. FWIW, I didn’t realize ahead of time that it would be quite so difficult that I wouldn’t have time to shower. By day 3 I wanted to shower so bad I considered putting my phone in a ziplock and playing in the shower, but I was worried about condensation in the bag killing my phone mid event.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha! I almost made that joke myself. FWIW, I didn’t realize ahead of time that it would be quite so difficult that I wouldn’t have time to shower. By day 3 I wanted to shower so bad I considered putting my phone in a ziplock and playing in the shower, but I was worried about condensation in the bag killing my phone mid event.

In winning by 5-600k, I think you could have taken a minute each day for a military shower.

• Options
    Did I read that right? You’ve spent 65 thousand USD!?!?! That’s Nearly half the loan of my house!! Even for the 4 years the game has been out, it’s like 16.5k a year!! Which would have bought my car once a year for those years! That’s a lot of disposable income!

I get that time is the most important when it comes to skirmishes.... time and then chronitons.... as for factions it most certainly is the wallet! How can people sustain that.... they’ve got to be 6-7 figure incomes.... this is why I say there needs to be divisions or something to separate by the vip level and even break down after vip 14 as that’s meaningless if you’re a casual spender.

As for galaxy events, time and items are the enemy the whole pre- farming but I’m guessing even then the items max out around 32k for each item.... so you need chronitons to even be able to prefarm. So say you prefarm then again it’s time to build all those items.... I’ve watched YouTube videos of how people can jalibreak iPhones or androids and get them to program auto buttons.... and even one video for not jailbreaking an Apple device but using a form of accessibility to program a button sequence but you’d still have to tap the screen to initiate the sequence so that’s still tapping the screen..... like yourself I don’t know jack about computers to setup macros and auto play.... but I’ve googled them and they exist or existed.... and there is the filling out surveys for gift cards which can turn into dil or whatever....

I realize not every winner is a “cheater” you don’t event have to cheat to win so to speak.... perhaps just enough to finish top 1500 or whatever to be less suspicious.... so don’t think I’m only looking that the winner.... and good on ya calling me out on evidence.... I don’t physically have any.... nor do I go out of my way to ask if so an so was a bot.... I’ve been repeatedly targeted for the anti cheating thingy and that and that’s absurd as I’m sure you all think so too.... and just listening the lengths one has to go to win.... 4 days of no shower and little sleep.... that’s not healthy.... and the fact that the developers would promote that type of behavior is also disgusting.... but whatever.... I get it, no lead is ever safe.... just seems at that point it isn’t a game anymore.... but work.... it isn’t something that is fun but a chore....

Maybe what they should do is have running list of unique winners so that when you win you’re no longer eligible till a calendar year or that the highest one can get then is 2nd place so it promotes diversity in winners, it would make it so there is a new unique person winning each week. I dunno, I don’t have the answers.... I’m getting sleepy and starting to ramble.... I know I love of the idea of sharing so why not strive to have someone new each week... or like keep it all the same but also award the next highest person in line who has never won the first place winnings and the achievement because sharing is caring.... I just find it funny for a Star Trek game and knowing what I know of the Star Trek economy which is unlimited resources, competition that isn’t necessarily about winning but doing things for fun... the game promotes extreme hardcore competition....
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    This convo has gotten a bit off topic. I had a question and answer related to the original post.
    There is an outside site that Posts fleet ranks.

http://ssr.izausomecreations.com/fleader_archive.html

And i was wondering who runs is it. Because my fleet name is listed wrong. I was trying to get it updated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know izausome is a persons moniker. I would assume it is him/her. The OP themselves took it in another direction. Their thread, their business. I do t know why people get all bent out of shape about that anyway. A good discussion is a good discussion.
  • Options
    @banjo thanks. No bent shapes, just trying to address the first post. Maybe i worded it wrong. 🤪

Im really just trying to figure out how to get my fleet listed correctly?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @banjo thanks. No bent shapes, just trying to address the first post. Maybe i worded it wrong. 🤪

Im really just trying to figure out how to get my fleet listed correctly?

It’s all good. Sorry if I seemed to come at you. My resolution for the new year, as I declared on the forum in fact, was to try and be more pleasant and presentable. When I was in Discord izausome was on the general chat. If you are in there you should be able to find that person