Home The Bridge
Options

Kudos to the Art Department for The Artifact

I think most of us expected the differences between The Artifact and the Borg Cube to be negligible, but the artists did a bang-up job on it. I can't stop zooming in on my laptop and turning it every which way I can, to better appreciate the details visible inside.

pkwvjk0r8dgr.jpg
2nedmbqwwy6i.jpg
f2cqmf24neef.jpg
e5bszx04980u.jpg

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is awesome.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    On Android it is lovely; but I've never seen it in the original material ... however, being so large ... the ship battles play out *behind* it!!
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    On Android it is lovely; but I've never seen it in the original material ... however, being so large ... the ship battles play out *behind* it!!

given the ship skill card bug during battles, I'm not seeing the battle half the time anyways. No great loss for me.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    [KM]Videm wrote: »

given the ship skill card bug during battles, I'm not seeing the battle half the time anyways. No great loss for me.

That the thing where one of the "This is What This Button Does" squares pops up in the middle of the screen? That irritates me..........
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the rendering of the Artifact was well done.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Awesome inside- how do you see in on iPhone?
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭

That the thing where one of the "This is What This Button Does" squares pops up in the middle of the screen? That irritates me..........

exactly the one I'm referring to
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    Awesome inside- how do you see in on iPhone?

pinch to zoom in, spread to zoom out
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭

Just hold one of you buttons down for a second and it will go away, it happens when you tap a button as the opponent blows up.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of the art, but on my IPad it doesn’t light up. My Artifact forgot to pay the electric bill. I’m sure it’s just a display glitch and will be fixed at some point. To see the art on here in it’s full glory is nice.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of the art, but on my IPad it doesn’t light up. My Artifact forgot to pay the electric bill. I’m sure it’s just a display glitch and will be fixed at some point. To see the art on here in it’s full glory is nice.

Weird. Working good on my iPad. Kudos to the art team.

cvr2ijh21ijf.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

Just hold one of you buttons down for a second and it will go away, it happens when you tap a button as the opponent blows up.

This. I wait for whichever button I press first, then once it’s active press-n-hold the same button for a second. The pop-up goes away (regardless of which button the pop-up is related to). In skirmishes, it’s almost always Killy’s info that pops, so after I start Locutus at 1sec, I get rid of the pop-up right after.
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    For me it looks awful and one of the ugliest ships in the game. The exterior is literally 1 dimensional and there's no textures. Compared to the Klingon Sacrophagos or the USS Discovery (and other good looking ships but these are the best), that ship does not compare. Also the same applies for other recently released ships like the Borgified Voyager which compared to 2017 ships, the quality has fallen off a cliff.
  • Options
    Admiral 8QAdmiral 8Q ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I'm quite impressed with the detail put into "The Artifact". My hat's off to the people who designed it and put it together for the game. Well done!

lr6jkialj13r.png
    51fcr4lnl7e3.png
    d833qoq2oayx.png
    j2b5vyv4oc3h.png