Home The Bridge
Options

What events are due re-run/flashback after the DSC/PIC mega? (Edit: Faster Future)

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in The Bridge
We can probably rule out skirmishes since the mega event will end with one. Expedition also seems unlikely until December, at the soonest.

Is there any chance of an event with Mutated Paris? I just need one more to finish Evolved Janeway. I never immortalized him, so I wouldn't mind a few extras.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what we might expect on the horizon. We should get a clue or outright confirmation tomorrow when the next event is announced. But 26 hours is an awfully long time to wait. ;)
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I think Gods and Masters (Galaxy) is due and Triskelion Tournament (shuttle), but considering the last flashback and rerun we have had they may not be sticking strictly to the schedule anymore.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they'll have a flashback ... which has been the case after recent mega-events ... and that means it could be anything, those have not come in any specific order at all.

Forever as One --> Dirty Rotten Holograms
    Dreams of Utopia --> The Longest Day
    Mudd Amuck --> Fast as Light

It would be strange if it wasn't a Galaxy, or at least a hybrid (Faction/Galaxy). Which one is anyone's guess, anything not re-run from 2018 or early 2019?

If it is a re-run then the next in line is something like:
    - Gods & Masters (Galaxy)

- Our Thoughts Combined (Hybrid) - this event was actually skipped over for the recent re-run of The Galactic Series (why?) - the next non-mega hybrid after TGS is actually One Incredible Tale ... which would be awesome because it features Satin Dress Lily Sloane, who we all recently had the option to pick up for free ... would DB/TP do this kind of planning?

- The Triskelion Tournament (Faction)
    (- A Valdor Too Far (Skirmish)
    - Ribbon of Joy (Expedition)).
  • Options
    We had a full galaxy and today is a full faction. Is there a galaxy/faction hybrid that is due?

I finished Durango Troi in a behold a little while ago. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they skipped God's and Masters, but I'm sure some will want it.

Triskelion Tournament was Sheriff of Nottingham Q, who I wouldn't mind adding a star to. I can't think of who they might add as a legendary if it were a re-run. I think we've got the whole TNG cast in the Sherwood collection already. Could they add King John?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Recordkeeper @Travis S McClain should know... :)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Master Recordkeeper @Travis S McClain should know... :)

I almost tagged him right off the bat. @RaraRacing has pretty good info too. Of Our Thoughts Combined and One Incredible Tale, I don't have a preference. I have neither legendary and all SR's. I think I'd be happy if they skipped ahead to another one.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I think they'll have a flashback ... which has been the case after recent mega-events ... and that means it could be anything, those have not come in any specific order at all.

It would be strange if it wasn't a Galaxy, or at least a hybrid (Faction/Galaxy). Which one is anyone's guess, anything not re-run from 2018 or early 2019?

- Our Thoughts Combined (Hybrid) - this event was actually skipped over for the recent re-run of The Galactic Series (why?) - the next non-mega hybrid after TGS is actually One Incredible Tale ... which would be awesome because it features Satin Dress Lily Sloane, who we all recently had the option to pick up for free ... would DB/TP do this kind of planning?

They did The Galactic Series because of ⚾ season, I believe.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options

What baseball season? :#
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Well, I thought it was indicated that that was why. Since everything is topsy turvy right now, they did a baseball related Event, to try and pay tribute to the cancellation of the season.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I thought it was indicated that that was why. Since everything is topsy turvy right now, they did a baseball related Event, to try and pay tribute to the cancellation of the season.

Given the lead time in creating characters, the event was probably planned to coincide with opening day long before anything was cancelled.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Given the lead time in creating characters, the event was probably planned to coincide with opening day long before anything was cancelled.

That was my thinking too.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faster Future (Faction) flashback ... who'd a thunk it.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Faster Future (Faction) flashback ... who'd a thunk it.

I was just looking at that. Zora and Mirror La Forge will be the SR's. Looks like it was only variants of La Forge and Janeway who were bonus crew. Most of my La Forge's are thawed since they are cyberneticists. How cool is that!?!

This would totally defeat the purpose of a flashback, but it would be cool if they added the trait Synthetic and made them bonus crew also.

Quick shout-out to Shan for not making me wait the rest of those 26 hours. :D I'm guessing that indicates a long weekend, which I hope she enjoys (if I'm correct).

Edit: Event notes for the original run of Faster Future
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool stuff... got plenty of Janeways and La Forges and only a few to thaw. Mirror La Forge, Mirror and Warship Janeway, and Zora. Glad I just started a second Evolved Janeway also and picked that second Interfaced La Forge!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    EDIT: deleted, question answered elsewhere.
  • Options

Yeah. It probably was. I guess they didn't cancel it, for stability and normalcy, as well as no time to replace it.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I now need to work on 2 Jameways amd a LaForge. Looking forward to (hopefully) adding another star to VA Janeway.
  • Options
    It just came up in my fleet...
    Event Factions
    Federation, Borg, Terran Empire

So, you can get even more Federation or Terran Empire items, or you can gamble on the Borg.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    It just came up in my fleet...
    Event Factions
    Federation, Borg, Terran Empire

So, you can get even more Federation or Terran Empire items, or you can gamble on the Borg.

"Don't gamble on the Borg!" -Q, paraphrased
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    So, what event do we think will be announced for next weekend?

I am hoping for either Gods and Monsters or A Valdor Too Far. Both of those events would complete both super rares for me, add a star to the legendary and hit the 25 achievement on the Vulcan collection for me.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    So, what event do we think will be announced for next weekend?

I am hoping for either Gods and Monsters or A Valdor Too Far. Both of those events would complete both super rares for me, add a star to the legendary and hit the 25 achievement on the Vulcan collection for me.

@RaraRacing and @Travis S McClain are my go-to sources for this question, but I hope it’s “Gods and Monsters”. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Since we got a flashback earlier this month, a rerun this time maybe?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Since we got a flashback earlier this month, a rerun this time maybe?
    We can only hope. Or leave. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't really worked out the replay v. flashback schedule, so I have far less confidence than I used to about such things. @RaraRacing is the most authoritative player expert, but I think the next in line per format are:

Expedition "Ribbon of Joy"
    5* Age of Sail Crusher
    4* Dr. Tolian Soran

Faction "The Triskelion Tournament"
    5* Sheriff of Nottingham Q
    4* Robin Hood
    4* Princess Jadzia

Galaxy "Gods and Masters" (presumably "Endgame" is just being skipped forever and ever, amen)
    5* Durango Troi
    4* Sybok
    4* Luther Sloan

Hybrid F/G "Our Thoughts Combined"
    5* Ilia Probe
    4* Author Doctor
    4* Ambassador Sarek

Skirmish "A Valdore Too Far"
    5* Maid Marian
    4* Kal-if-fee Spock
    4* Commander Donatra
    5* The Valdore
    4* Romulan D'deridex Warbird [not in thresholds]
    2* Romulan Valdore-Type Warbird
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gods and Masters as a rerun with Troi in threshold would be awesome.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

My 4/5 Durango Troi concurs.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

My 4/5 Durango Troi concurs.
    As does mine. And, thank you, @Travis S McClain, for being here. Riker’s Angels will always resonate in our community, thanks to you. 🖖
  • Options
    as much as i don’t want another faction, i’m hoping for the triskelion tournament because i have both the 4*’s immo and sheriff q at 2/5 :smile:

but would also be happy with a valdore too far 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    In which of these events would Determined Paris fit?
  • Options
    In which of these events would Determined Paris fit?

Good question. I think he fits best in Valdore Too Far or Treskelion Tournament. But... There's a good chance that they jump to something else, like they did last time. Are there any other re-run-able events that the new Paris would fit well into?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been waiting for Gods and Masters for almost a year; at this point, I’ve given up waiting. But I’d be happy to be surprised.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)