Home The Bridge
Options

Arena Commander, Kang+Bird Of Prey = NO CHOICE

2»

Comments

• Options
    I regularly get beaten by Odo or Money.

I also think we all act like a herd and follow others in our choice of crew... Of course it ends up being good crew but I myself have changed crew in Cap/Admiral when noticing someone having something that worked well against me.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    Commander division - I reach #1 everyday (well most days I can be bothered) with O'Brien and Money. It is ALL in the timing......
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Odo. It's mostly down to rng luck and hitting the cloak at just the right time.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which O'Brien?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    V. wrote: »
    I prefer Odo. It's mostly down to rng luck and hitting the cloak at just the right time.

I have been trying 3* Talos IV Spock instead of Odo & have had middling success. Spock doesn’t incur the evasion penalty that Odo receives, and their SEC/CMD are comparable

I agree, though, that it’s mostly timing and lucky RNG.
    Which O'Brien?

3* Mirror “Smiley” O’Brien

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Too bad I ditched a FF copy of him for space. 😔
  • Options
    eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Irial wrote: »
    My Odo/O'Brien combination beats opponent's Kang/x combination about 65 percent of the time.

Based on the various ways they have been made available over time, I would think at this point that a good number of players possess both Odo and O'Brien. For these players, if they are using a different combo (i.e., the popular Kang/x one), then what you are implying is they are choosing to deploy a combo that is only a 35% winner, when they could instead be having a 65% winner. Does it make sense that so many players would be making that type of choice?

I'm not implying beyond what I stated. I found a combo that works for me against the combo referenced in the OP. It's worth noting that my combo also gets beat easier and thus I fall further in the rankings, more often. Perhaps that is one reason why others choose a different combo. I don't know why most people choose their crew. Maybe they only keep female alien cadets active? Maybe some care less about the arena than others?

The OP said that in their experience there was nothing that competes with the Kang combo and I was posting one that worked for me.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!