Options

Tuesday stroll down Memory Lane

2»

Comments

• Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    My first thread started off with people calling me evil, evolved into probably one of the more beloved threads on The Bridge, almost certainly created an unintended and mild schism between myself and SR, and lead to a forum friendships I still maintain to this day (shout out to my friend @Haere Lintesereg )

That was your first thread? But this thread was one of the main reasons that join the forum, so take responsability for that!

My first thread was one in Universal Translator for the Spanish speakers, but it was a failure xD
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11612/stt-en-espanol
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone concerned people are going to necro these threads?
  • Options
    @Bylo Band Meanest thread ever! 😉
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first thread was in May 2018, I asked people for the results of their Community pull because my OH was working late.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5599/community-reward/p1

Great thread idea @Prime Lorca [10FH]
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't bother me (personally) if they did. I wouldn't want to bring back one of my own. But I do like peeking in on those old threads. I can see how a few people have grown since then. That was my biggest goal. Sure, I could go profile creepin', but it's more fun like this. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Hello,

I am new to this game, and this week here,

Looks like I can't post a new thread, till I make Grade.....That's ,

I ran across this info on Coast to Coast, and I thought was relevant to Star Trek.....If there is better place to post this, please let me know........Since I can't post Link, google below and you'll see the article,,,,,Pretty cool if he can make this happen......?

the-scientists-who-wont-give-up-on-the-warp-drive-1843177029
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    @Travis S McClain, are you sure? I'm trained in CPR/first aid, defensive tactics, can make shelter, find water/food, can make fire without a lighter/matches, and I always have a minimum of a small preparedness kit with me at all times. I'm probably one of the best people to be stuck with in an emergency situation :p

I think he's worried about becoming food when that small preparedness kit runs out.

I'm worried @Bylo Band and/or @Flemming won't even wait that long!

@Bylo Band , have you worked out how many AECs @Travis S McClain is worth?
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My first thread was on the Old Forums about using the replicator to fuse several of the same item into a higher form of said item. So, fusing a few 3* casings into one 4* casing. ‘Twas many moons ago!
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Wouldn't bother me (personally) if they did. I wouldn't want to bring back one of my own. But I do like peeking in on those old threads. I can see how a few people have grown since then. That was my biggest goal. Sure, I could go profile creepin', but it's more fun like this. :)

Not too long ago I went back and necroed an old thread just because. Some people were genuinely bothered I had done so.

Zombie Thread Reanimation Achievement Unlocked... ;)

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options

Not too long ago I went back and necroed an old thread just because. Some people were genuinely bothered I had done so.

I don't get why that would bother anyone. If someone new comes along, takes the time to read the thread, and has something new to add, then I prefer that over seeing a new thread pop up. I mean, I would rather someone read what's been said over making me repeat myself.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

I don't get why that would bother anyone. If someone new comes along, takes the time to read the thread, and has something new to add, then I prefer that over seeing a new thread pop up. I mean, I would rather someone read what's been said over making me repeat myself.

Agreed. I wasn’t sure why some were bother either? Read, respond, and bring up new ideas.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that Shan does not appreciate reviving old threads, perhaps because sometimes people do not realize the threads' age (especially if new to the forum so they land at the first post) and reply to the initial question which was sorted out months ago or because some information in the threads might be outdated.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I believe that Shan does not appreciate reviving old threads, perhaps because sometimes people do not realize the threads' age (especially if new to the forum so they land at the first post) and reply to the initial question which was sorted out months ago or because some information in the threads might be outdated.

I hadn't thought of the aspect of outdated information. That's a pretty solid argument against reviving threads. I was just thinking about a Necro thread of the week. I'll re-think that now.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I just found a real gem. I was creeping through some old posts of mine and wondered, "why did I say I would warm up my Axl Rose vocals?" I don't think this player posts on the forum anymore. Quite a shame. This was a great post.
    Magisse wrote: »
    Now, now. Let's channel all that angst into some '80s rock!

Gonna have Prospero Data on guitar for this one. Just needs a tophat and sunglasses to make a good Slash!

Data, need an intro riff please...
    (Thank you, and here we go!)

Welcome to Trek Timelines!
    A "collection" game.
    They've got all the crew you want, Captain you know their names.
    But if your favorites you find, you know what you'll need...
    If you got the money, maybe, you can pay slot fees.

In Trek Timelines, welcome to Trek Timelines!
    Slots will bring you to your, shun-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-nuh knees, knees!
    Aww, aww. Dil savings gonna bleed!

New crew on us, every day.
    If you want 'em you're gonna bleed, yet still more price to pay.
    So you open up some portals. Get a great event score.
    Might earn yourself five lights, but, only get to keep four.

Feel like, feel like...this was unforseen.
    Slots make me want to scream!

(Data interlude)

A slot crisis, every day.
    You find to live, you must buy more slots! Like a whale you will pay.
    Got a hunger for what you see, you'll get them eventually.
    You can have any crew you want, but you just, can not keep 'em for free.

Down on my, n-n-n-n-n-n-nuh knees, knees!
    "Oh more crew slots!", I plead!

(Once more Data)

Slots are tight. You never,
    Never wanna run out.
    Run out. I'm oouuut! Slots!!!

Know where your crew are?
    They're in the airlock, baby.
    They're gonna flyyyyy!

In Trek Timelines!
    Welcome to Trek Timelines.
    In Trek Timelines!
    Feel like, feel like...this was unforseen.
    In Trek Timelines!
    In Trek Timelines!

Scotty, please beam slots down!
    "Aye."
    Farewell 🖖