Home The Bridge
Options

Tuesday stroll down Memory Lane

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
@Data1001 posted a thread lately that caused me to browse through threads that I had created. I read through the thread where my little bro-mance with @Bylo Band started. I saw a bunch of familiar names in the thread. It got me to wondering about my first thread. I'll grab that and link it in a minute.

What was your first thread? If it was on the old forum, then a summary is fine, if you remember. Or grab your first one from this forum and post the link. Or just pick one that brings back some good memories. Post it here if you want to share. Or just enjoy your own personal stroll down Memory Lane. :)
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    My first thread was in the old forum, the one with the Chinese spam, under the name Enterprise Was Best. It was about adding more skills, such as pilot and communicator, the the existing MED, COM.....I think I was so STT young then that I didn’t know there were traits
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is embarrassing... I was a poll elitist from the start.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5933/who-hates-polls-with-loaded-answers#latest

Sorry, @{DD} Smelly !! You were the most recent "victim" of my attitude about polls. I feel like I owe the whole forum an apology today. So...

I'm honestly sorry to any who I harassed about a poll that you posted. I've recently learned that it's quite rude and doesn't actually serve the community. I shall endeavor to improve my contributions to the forum. :)

No hard feelings. I was a little salty about your first couple comments in that thread, but once you provided some context for them, you made a really good point. In the end, your input gave me more to consider going forward, and hopefully it will help me create more effective polls in the future.

Nobody’s perfect. Least of all me in that thread. I’m just glad it ended with everyone shaking hands and making up, more or less.

As far as my first thread, Idk, it was probably an overtly biased poll on the old forums. :p
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Mine was a question about Intel carrying over yes/no, embarrassingly on the Bridge.

But this reminds me of how unselfexplaining the game is, e.g. calculations in Gauntlet, Arena, AND shuttles vs Galaxy and so on. Fortunately we have some math folks here who figure it all out and share their wisdome. Otherwise STT would be really lame for me.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Mine was a question about Intel carrying over yes/no, embarrassingly on the Bridge.

But this reminds me of how unselfexplaining the game is, e.g. calculations in Gauntlet, Arena, AND shuttles vs Galaxy and so on. Fortunately we have some math folks here who figure it all out and share their wisdome. Otherwise STT would be really lame for me.

DB started putting better tutorials in the game. WRG has some work ahead still, but yeah, it's a good thing there's some helpful players here.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been on the forums since late 2016, but I have self-initiated very few discussion threads. (I'm kind-of like that in real life too. Happy to add my thoughts to someone else's topic, but rarely do I step to the podium first.) Anyhow, after lurking for most of my time on the original forum, I posted my first discussion in May 2018 to the Ready Room - an all-unowned behold help query for Mirror Regent Worf, Ent-E Picard, or The One, Lore. (FWIW, went with Worf, who still sits at 1/5 and is essentially useless today. Made reasonable sense at the time, but my current 2/5 Ent-E Picard wishes I'd made a different choice.)
  • Options
    Behold help is certainly a worthy first thread. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    As best I can tell, the first thread I ever started was back on the old forum on 31 May 2017.

Riker's Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar

I broke down all 20/45 cadet missions that trio could clear and what rewards you could earn on all levels of difficulty for those missions. This thread was notable because that was where I introduced the term "Riker's Angels". Since the old forum is designated for the scrap heap, I've copied and pasted that first post. Leave it to me to write a first post that takes four clicks to finish scrolling down. I like to think it was informative and helpful, at least. I've replaced the original image since the original post no longer displays it.
    Posted: 31 May 2017 07:01 AM [ Ignore ]
    Commander
    RankRankRankRankRankRank
    Total Posts: 1155
    Joined 2016-05-29

It’s come up in enough threads I decided to just make a post all on its own. For players wanting to pare down their M-F cadets to as few as possible, there is only one combination of three personnel who can be used in all three challenges and can clear at least one mission in each challenge on Epic. That triumvirate is:

8p8qvutv4bgi.jpg

Cadet Sito Jaxa/Ensign Seska/Ensign Pazlar

Here are the missions they can complete, along with the items you can farm from those missions. In all, they can complete 20 of the total 45 missions (three challenges, five missions per challenge, three difficulty modes per mission).

Obviously, you will need to clear other missions in order to get to all of these, so you will still need other cadets up front. Consult DaiMon Darmok’s thread, Cadet Challenges: Essential Crew and Optimal Pathing for further advice.

Ex Astris, Scientia “Top Marks”
    Normal
    -0* Science Experiment
    -0* Identification Code
    -0* First Contact Protocol
    -0* Interlink

Elite
    -Pattern Enhancer 1*
    -Coffee 0*
    -Medical Experiment 0*
    -Orchids 0*

Ex Astris, Scientia “Talk Less, Smile More”
    Normal
    -Medical Experiment 0*
    -Identification Code 1*
    -Hoverball 0*
    -Optronic Circuit 0*

Elite
    -Andorian Ale 1*
    -Encoded Communique 0*
    -Holoprogram 0*
    -Writing PADD (TOS) 0*

Ex Astris, Scientia “Back in Time”
    Normal
    -Boy Scout Badge 1*
    -Poker Cards 0*
    -Security Codes 0*
    -Synthesized Polymer 0*

Elite
    -Raktajino 1*
    -Science Experiment 0*
    -Scalpel 0*
    -Submicron Scanner 0*

Epic
    -Covert Contacts 2*
    -Novel 2*
    -Communicator (TOS) 0*
    -Starfleet Uniform Pattern 1*

The United Federation “History Interrupted”
    Normal
    -Imperial Guard Emblem 0*
    -Identification Code 0*
    -Bajoran Phaser 0*
    -Spices 0*

Elite
    -Multidimensional Transporter Device 0*
    -Flux Coupler 0*
    -EJ-7 Interlock 0*
    -Maquis Emblem 1*

Epic | This is the one Ensign Seska can do on Epic for SEC because of Cardassian & Bajoran bonuses
    -Klingon House Crest 2*
    -Terran Slave Emblem 2*
    -Multidemensional Transporter Device 0*
    -Terran Slave Emblem 0*

The United Federation “First Conflict”
    Normal
    -Romulan Ale 0*
    -Gagh 0*
    -Rules of Acquisition 0*
    -Optronic Circuit 0*

The United Federation “First Conflict”
    Elite | This requires Ensign Seska to do two nodes consecutively, and the second is a reward node that becomes a bit iffy, but still worth the risk

-Romulan Encryption Algorithm 0*
    -Kurlan Naiskos
    -Encoded Communique 1*
    -Romulan Disruptor 1*

The United Federation “Flesh and Blood”
    Normal
    -Medical Experiment 0*
    -Kazon Name 0*
    -Bajoran PADD 0*
    -Synthesized Polymer 0*

The United Federation “Of Two Evils”
    Normal
    -Central Command Insignia 0*
    -Magnasite-Nitron Tablet 0*
    -Text Book 0*
    -Incense 1*

Elite
    -Maquis Emblem 1*
    -Terran Emblem 1*
    -Isomodulator 0*
    -Text Book 0*

Epic
    Note: This requires Sito (Node 2, DIP) and Seska (Node 4A, SEC) to both get lucky rolls. This mission can fail.
    -Encoded Communique 2*
    -First Contact Protocol 2*
    -Pattern Enhancer 1*
    -Bajoran Phaser 0*

A Certain Formality “A Question of Rights”
    Normal
    -Case Files 0*
    -Starfleet Engineering Uniform (VOY) 0*
    -Cortical Monitor 0*
    -Emitter Crystal 0*

Elite
    -IDIC 1*
    -Autosuture 0*
    -Medical Lesson 0*
    -Wrench 0*

Epic
    -Backpack 2*
    -Klingon Warnog 2*
    -Novel 1*
    -First Contact Protocol 0*

A Certain Formality “Talarian Coup”
    Normal
    -Darts 0*
    -Prime Directive 0*
    -Holoprogram 0*
    -Optronic Circuit 0*

A Certain Formality “Breakwater”
    Normal
    -EPI Capacitor 0*
    -Coffee 0*
    -Plasma Torch 0*
    -Polyalloy 1*
  • Options
    Turns out my first one was asking for Cadet Picard to be added to the game

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1628/new-crew-for-picard#latest
  • Options
    Thanks for that @Prime Lorca [10FH] forgot about the awesome spongebob picard gif that @[BL] Q added to that thread
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I did a Google site search for my forum handle and restricting the dates to the first few months that I played STT. It appears my first post was on January 8th, 2017, and was a very n00b question about how to find certain episodes on the Galaxy Map (I thought at the time that the Episodes without a crew image were some other kind of special mission, because they didn't have the name of the Episode underneath).

The first thread I posted was on the 22nd of that month, asking how I could get to the faction center on Xindus, since that planet was hidden behind the Delphic Expanse banner on my tablet, no matter how I zoomed or scrolled (also a n00b question, as I didn't know about being able to go directly to faction centers from the shuttle bay — which admittedly was more complex than it is now, since you had to click on an "i" information icon on the faction card and then choose "visit faction center").

Alas, I didn't quite hit the ground running — unlike some people here [coughcoughTraviscoughcough].

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    So, I did a Google site search for my forum handle and restricting the dates to the first few months that I played STT. It appears my first post was on January 8th, 2017, and was a very n00b question about how to find certain episodes on the Galaxy Map (I thought at the time that the Episodes without a crew image were some other kind of special mission, because they didn't have the name of the Episode underneath).

The first thread I posted was on the 22nd of that month, asking how I could get to the faction center on Xindus, since that planet was hidden behind the Delphic Expanse banner on my tablet, no matter how I zoomed or scrolled (also a n00b question, as I didn't know about being able to go directly to faction centers from the shuttle bay — which admittedly was more complex than it is now, since you had to click on an "i" information icon on the faction card and then choose "visit faction center").

Alas, I didn't quite hit the ground running — unlike some people here [coughcoughTraviscoughcough].

Hope you did that coughing into your sleeve and washed your hands, @Data1001.
  • Options
    Thanks for that @Prime Lorca [10FH] forgot about the awesome spongebob picard gif that @[BL] Q added to that thread

I had to check it out. Great gif! So many of the suggestions in there made it into the game. Still no Cardassian Prisoner Picard.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

If you want to feel a little better, here was my fourth thread. Full on noob. Three whole comments. And it deserved less. :D

ax3iw0gpoz58.png

Second was "I'm fleet shopping" (which went tremendously well) and third was another poll (surprise!)

I agree that Travis pretty much knocked it out of the park on his first try.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to check it out. Great gif! So many of the suggestions in there made it into the game. Still no Cardassian Prisoner Picard.

I don’t eee it in the thread. Spongebob rules! I gotta see it!

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Re-posting for your convenience. (I missed it the first time too.)
    agnt6bdy5wym.gif
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Re-posting for your convenience. (I missed it the first time too.)
    agnt6bdy5wym.gif

Ha!! That was awesome!! I did see it but I guess I missed It cuz I was looking for Spongebob. That’s totally hilarious!

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first thread started off with people calling me evil, evolved into probably one of the more beloved threads on The Bridge, almost certainly created an unintended and mild schism between myself and SR, and lead to a forum friendships I still maintain to this day (shout out to my friend @Haere Lintesereg )
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    My first thread started off with people calling me evil, evolved into probably one of the more beloved threads on The Bridge, almost certainly created an unintended and mild schism between myself and SR, and lead to a forum friendships I still maintain to this day (shout out to my friend @Haere Lintesereg )

I forgot all about that rabbit hole, @Bylo Band. You and @Flemming need counseling, and I am never going camping with either of you. Also, I appreciated this:
    Can't we all just pick on Harry Kim instead?

@eXo | SilverRose, you do what you want, but I think you're missing out by not making that your signature. That's some good stuff.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Travis S McClain, are you sure? I'm trained in CPR/first aid, defensive tactics, can make shelter, find water/food, can make fire without a lighter/matches, and I always have a minimum of a small preparedness kit with me at all times. I'm probably one of the best people to be stuck with in an emergency situation :p
  • Options
    @Travis S McClain, are you sure? I'm trained in CPR/first aid, defensive tactics, can make shelter, find water/food, can make fire without a lighter/matches, and I always have a minimum of a small preparedness kit with me at all times. I'm probably one of the best people to be stuck with in an emergency situation :p

I think he's worried about becoming food when that small preparedness kit runs out.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

I think he's worried about becoming food when that small preparedness kit runs out.

I'm worried @Bylo Band and/or @Flemming won't even wait that long!
  • Options

I'm worried @Bylo Band and/or @Flemming won't even wait that long!

They might not if they figure out how to turn you into a compass or something. :D

Seriously though, I found their thread to be entertaining, if mildly disturbing.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking the same thing. Or get put into a replicator to make food

• Options
    Proont wrote: »

Lots of familiar names in that one. I haven't seen them mess up arena rewards since then, but there is still a hiccup with event schematics here and there.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    agnt6bdy5wym.gif
    [/quote]

I didn't get it until the words started "playing" to the spong Bob theme songs. xD (I had to watch it a couple of times.)
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    My first post was a list of things DB should do to greatly improve the game. It was something I had been adding to for almost a year. (It had been a year since they last had a survey.)

I was surprised that there where people who didn't want the intro and outros removed from skirmishes. I guess we are going to get that after all (sort of).

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15240/dear-db#latest
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Some good stuff in that thread. Some has been addressed in some fashion and some hasn't. One thing that I've noticed on the forum: the more significant a change is, the more divided the opinions tend to be. Except for inventory. Everyone seems to be on the same side there, lol.
    Farewell 🖖