Home The Bridge
Options

Version 7.5 Updates Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, Captains!

Our latest client, v7.5.0, is now live on Facebook, and Facebook Gameroom. It will be rolled out to all remaining platforms in the coming days. (due to technical reasons it will be 7.5.1 for iOS)

With this update to the game we’re introducing the following additions and changes, some of which will only be available after a force upgrade, and this to ensure all players are on 7.5.

Active Buffs
    Starbase Rooms and Collections are a good way to gain helpful gameplay buffs.
    Accessible via your Captain’s profile, the Active Buffs section allows you to have a global overview of all your current buffs, but also to filter them between fleet buffs, and collections buffs. This should make it easier to decide what type of buff you want to prioritize.

The following changes will only be available once every player is on 7.5, after a force upgrade.

Ship Management
    This section of the game badly needed a revamp and it has now been done!
    Similar to crew management, ships will now be displayed in a grid, and allow for various filtering options.

Ship Battles (including Skirmishes)
    To allow for more flexibility in gameplay, we’re adding 2 togglable options to ship battles:
    - Speed Up: to increase the velocity of the battle
    - Auto Mode: as the name implies, when Auto is ON, the ship battle will play out automatically, without your input. Please note that with Auto Mode ON, abilities will be triggered as they become available.

Both Auto Mode and Speed Up can be toggled during a ship battle, to allow you more control on your crew/ship abilities.

Speed Up and Auto Mode will reset to their default (1x - OFF) once a ship battle ends.

Please note that both these features are not live yet, but will be enabled at a future date.

Bug fixes
    - fixed an issue where trying to link a game account to a Facebook profile would result in the game freezing
    - fixed an issue where the game would crash when loading or during a ship battle (Facebook client)
    - fixed an issue where skill icons would sometimes not be visible during an away-mission (Facebook client)

Thank you for playing!

The STAR TREK TIMELINES Team
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds promising. I'll see when it becomes available on my phone.

I do like the idea of ship sorting. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Ship Management
    This section of the game badly needed a revamp and it has now been done!
    Similar to crew management, ships will now be displayed in a grid, and allow for various filtering options.

Awesome times, like, a million!

To allow for more flexibility in gameplay, we’re adding 2 togglable options to ship battles:
    - Auto Mode: as the name implies, when Auto is ON, the ship battle will play out automatically, without your input. Please note that with Auto Mode ON, abilities will be triggered as they become available.

Not sure how I feel yet, but this is a significant game-changer.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I created a thread in Engineering Room for feedback/issues :)
  • Options
    Sounds good. Really good!
  • Options
    Looking forward to the improved ship management!

A little torn about the ship battle changes. I'm guessing it will negatively impact my skirmish ranks, as more people will be competing.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

Sorry! I thought that was more for bug reporting.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds promising. I'll see when it becomes available on my phone.

I do like the idea of ship sorting. Thanks.

Wondering if it's ship sorting only in the "Build and Change Ships" section or also in the ship selection for voyages.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unnar Too wrote: »
    A little torn about the ship battle changes. I'm guessing it will negatively impact my skirmish ranks, as more people will be competing.
    I'm very much a "wait and see" person there, but I'm slightly worried you might be right.

Still, if it's disastrous, they can always roll it back. And if it happens to not be in my favor, then at least I've had over a year of it being in my favor already! ;)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auto mode for skirmishes? Is this to make bots even easier? It feels like the speed up and auto mode are designed to inflate skirmish VP scores and encourage more chron spending.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    EDIT:

Duplicate post somehow.

Had a second thought though...

With the auto play feature of ship battles, it does say that abilities will be triggered as they become available. So with a ship like the Krayton, with multiple 6 second activation crew that came online at the same time (Ardra, Killy, RPC, Garth), I have to wonder what order they'll go in.
  • Options
    While it is nice to see the improvements with the ship management, the inventory management needs way more TLC.

So, should we expect scores of 1,000,000+ for the 5 star reward in skirmishes now?
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    EDIT:

Duplicate post somehow.

Had a second thought though...

With the auto play feature of ship battles, it does say that abilities will be triggered as they become available. So with a ship like the Krayton, with multiple 6 second activation crew that came online at the same time (Ardra, Killy, RPC, Garth), I have to wonder what order they'll go in.

In Arena, they go left-to-right. I assume the same will apply to skirmish. I doubt that they went in to re-invent the wheel.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of being able to auto your skirmish battles but would like it even better if I did not have to turn it on every battle. The speed up function is less exciting because then it means everyone has to click that to compete which means people will have to click another button each battle along with the existing button pushing. I hope future updates will help with ship sorting in voyages.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

Sorry! I thought that was more for bug reporting.

Indeed. I figure this one is for wild speculation, complaining, and fear-mongering. 😉

I can't let this slide... I must provide wild speculation now.

This could significantly increase the items, chronitons, and honor that is farmed during a skirmish. Unless something else is changed to counter it. Something like taking experimental features of the Cataclysm and altering a skirmish. Not that I'll be brave enough to speculate on which features. ... Until tomorrow. ;) I'm fresh out of bravery today.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Both Auto Mode and Speed Up can be toggled during a ship battle, to allow you more control on your crew/ship abilities.

Speed Up and Auto Mode will reset to their default (1x - OFF) once a ship battle ends.

Given how tedious ship battles are, this is good.

How they'll stop bots is another matter
  • Options
    If one farms skirmishes mainly for chrons and honor, all the better.
  • Options
    I like the changes to skirmish battles that they described, but I agree that it might inflate VP and that in the end there might be no difference in the time required for those who want to rank well.
    It will make clearing thresholds a lot less annoying though, and in most events I only go for 130.000 or 350.000 VP anyway, so for me and other threshold-and-out players it will almost certainly be an improvement.
  • Options
    furyd wrote: »

Given how tedious ship battles are, this is good.

How they'll stop bots is another matter

This is an interesting point. I think it means that bot performance will be harder to distinguish from human performance. Is that an admirable goal? Or is it just inviting more use of bots? Will more players see those pop-ups more since their play (presumably) will resemble bots more? Will bots' play be even more bot-like, prompting more pop-ups?

This one little comment sure put a lot of questions in my brain space. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ship inventory interface update? Very much needed and the effort is appreciated (we’ll see about the execution, particularly in the voyage selection screen).

The auto mode for Skirmish battles seems like a nice feature for those who hate tapping, while the speed-up mode seems not only unnecessary but counter-productive. It’s not going to reduce the time required to do anything other than clear thresholds...the VP required for rank will just go up. The promise of packing in even more resource production into the hours spent on the event is nice, however.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Auto mode for skirmishes? Is this to make bots even easier? It feels like the speed up and auto mode are designed to inflate skirmish VP scores and encourage more chron spending.

It has to be manually turned back on for every Battle. Which should eliminate bots. It will also eliminate 99% of the actual utility of the change........
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options

It has to be manually turned back on for every Battle. Which should eliminate bots. It will also eliminate 99% of the actual utility of the change........

I like the idea of starting the battle and being able to look up at something else... and not having a distraction happen and then you look back down and it's 20 seconds into the battle.. OOPS!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd use it in skirmishes... but I'd rather it lasted for all 6, but yeah, bots could be an even bigger issue. They could randomize the button location. That could challenge many bots
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Steam version is being released as well!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless the activation button moves around randomly for each battle or the existing anti-bot measures are applied differently, it’s only going to be a roadblock for bot users for perhaps a few seconds while they add another click to the routine.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ship sorting, brilliant.

Ship battles, although it will make them easier, the game will become more boring, and game fatigue will increase. I think this may be a step too far.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ship sorting, brilliant.

Ship battles, although it will make them easier, the game will become more boring, and game fatigue will increase. I think this may be a step too far.

I'm the other way. I dread doing the ship battles. Auto play is perfect for me.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the Buff?

Looking forward to it...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...