Home Engineering Room

Unable to make purchases, this started last night all things are marked locked.

As I was saying went to make a purchase last night of the crew being offered, however it shows grey and the word locked is on it. A tad bit scratching my head. Yes this is my account, there should be no locks on it. I play via facebook. It seams to be any browser that I have tried, edge, firefox, chrome. Not sure why I can't purchase, nothing has changed as far as payment method. Same payment I been using for years and years.

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be the expiration date for your payment method?
    Have you tried signing out from Facebook and signing back in?
  • Shan wrote: »
    Could it be the expiration date for your payment method?
    Have you tried signing out from Facebook and signing back in?

Ok, so I cleared the cache, restarted the browser. Nothing. Checked payment method does not expire for another 3 years. logged out of facebook and back in. Still locked. Restarted the desktop, logged back into facebook. Still locked. I am thinking there is a problem between facebook payment methods and you guys.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for trying all these things out.
    Purchases are not locked on my end, so it is not a widespread issue between FB and our games.
    We are aware this can happen from time to time and it usually resolves itself.
    It is very inconvenient of course.

Please submit a ticket so we can continue to keep track of the players affected by this.
    If you have the ability to play the game on another platform, I would try that as well.

I am sorry that I do not have a better solution for you at this time.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    I can confirm it ..
    Purchases through facebook gameroom are blocked , all other platforms are available.
    My normal usage of paypal via facebook was blocked, purchase with via the MS client of the game did work with paypal.
  • Same problem for both my husband and me today. Maybe related to currency? I don't know where marcuscat is from, but JiveDutch sounds, well, Dutch. We're Dutch (as well?) and usually buy our monthly & campaign through Facebook because this gives the best exchange rate. Android & the Win10 app charge in EUR, which makes it slightly more expensive than the $ that Facebook charges.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure to submit a ticket to support for this, while there nothing that a rep can do in this case - we need to gather information on who is affected so we can track the source of the issue.

Thank you!
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Odd quick .. i used the gameroom version to check in the support ticket ..
    I had to fill out the mail adress there, which is pre-populated from my account in the other versions / gamestores.
    Might be a trail to follow .....
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been locked on fb gameroom for 4 days. put in a ticket. getting the same questions asked/run around. just fix the problem, please, it's obviously on your end
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Friendly FireFriendly Fire ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Same issue here, my wife also has the same problem on her account, we both play using facebook. Just tested using Android and Microsoft App store version and it is working there so seems to be an issue with FB
  • Cannot make purchases on Facebook Gameroom, option is greyed out, for new offer and all dilithium offers as well. I closed the game and opened again, still the same. I checked payment options in Facebook and they are still correct.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grumpfer wrote: »
    Cannot make purchases on Facebook Gameroom, option is greyed out, for new offer and all dilithium offers as well. I closed the game and opened again, still the same. I checked payment options in Facebook and they are still correct.

Hi, I have added your post to the main discussion on the subject.
    We are looking into the issue and we will update everyone once we know more.

There are other alternatives to play on PC: Steam and the Windows10 app.
  • Yes, but Facebook is cheapest, so I don't buy anywhere else.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Grumpfer wrote: »
    Yes, but Facebook is cheapest, so I don't buy anywhere else.

Yes ... on my side tho .. the MS game store seems to be next in line (10%diff) .... apple/steam seem the worst at +25% ..
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    i just switched to Windows 10. everything is working and unlocked. the problem definitely in the facebook interface
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • I'm having the same issue from Fb. I've tried 2 different browsers (Chrome & Firefox), but that did not resolve the issue either.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looking into this.
    From what I can tell it affects the offers on the main screen like the Harry Kim offer.
    The button can still be interacted with though I think, can someone take a screenshot of what the Facebook Pay screen looks like then? Thank you!
  • Am unable to purchase any dilithium or event packs.I normally play on Gameroom and also tried on Facebook,wondering if it was yet another Gameroom glitch but no joy on Facebook either.I have sent a support ticket.
    "We're Starfleet officers.Weird is part of the job."
    -Janeway, to Kim (VOY: "Deadlock")
  • DaevDaev ✭✭✭
    I'm now seeing this on Facebook. Everything $/£ related is showing as locked this morning.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have multiple engineers on the case and have reached out to Facebook as well for this.
    Fingers crossed for a solution soon!
  • Shan, one more bit of info for you. When the new campaign started today, I was able to purchase the bonus level, but the $9.99 didn't display on the button, although the button was active. Still no luck on the limited time offer, the dilithium purchase page or the time portal. Hope you get this fixed soon - you're losing revenue!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, one more bit of info for you. When the new campaign started today, I was able to purchase the bonus level, but the $9.99 didn't display on the button, although the button was active. Still no luck on the limited time offer, the dilithium purchase page or the time portal. Hope you get this fixed soon - you're losing revenue!

Thank you! :)
    We're making progress!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    All right everyone, we might have a fix - could I have a few volunteer trying this link please?
    https://apps.facebook.com/sttimelines/?client_version=7.5.2&revision=202005141589479800_P

You should now see prices, regardless of your country they should only show prices in USD because that can't be avoided at this time.

You should also be able to make a purchase normally. please let me know - and thank you :)
  • Yep! It works! Thanks so much for the quick response!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep! It works! Thanks so much for the quick response!

Thank you for reporting back! :)
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Unfortunatly i did not get it to work through this, either from facebook directly, or by going to the underlying url ( which started up the game properly after forcing me to log into it with my facebook account (including authenticator code-request) .. so i am sure i am connected to facebook via account & cookies there.

In facebook i am unable to do anything with my billing options.
    It will not allow me to remove the paypal link as it is the only & primary link.
    I am unable to add another paypal option.
    I can see from the history my last successfull purchase was on may 5th.

It could be a coincidence, but it strikes me as a suspicious this broke around the time they introduced the new site with dark mode and a big overhaul ....

https://engineering.fb.com/web/facebook-redesign/ ( may 8th )
  • It works!Thanks so much Shan!!
    "We're Starfleet officers.Weird is part of the job."
    -Janeway, to Kim (VOY: "Deadlock")
  • SkettiSketti ✭✭✭
    I have just checked again this morning, payment buttons still locked for me. I play the game through Facebook.
    I also checked a few other games I play through Facebook, no payment issues.
  • DaevDaev ✭✭✭
    Worked for my monthly card!
  • Worked for me, too. Thanks
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    Unfortunatly i did not get it to work through this, either from facebook directly, or by going to the underlying url ( which started up the game properly after forcing me to log into it with my facebook account (including authenticator code-request) .. so i am sure i am connected to facebook via account & cookies there.

In facebook i am unable to do anything with my billing options.
    It will not allow me to remove the paypal link as it is the only & primary link.
    I am unable to add another paypal option.
    I can see from the history my last successfull purchase was on may 5th.

It could be a coincidence, but it strikes me as a suspicious this broke around the time they introduced the new site with dark mode and a big overhaul ....

https://engineering.fb.com/web/facebook-redesign/ ( may 8th )

If you are unable to do anything in your billing options, then I would say it is a different problem and you should contact Facebook support to try and get it resolved.