Home Make It So!
Options

Investigator Needed! Apply Within!

DB, you are truly doing better and listening to us with these traits! I appreciate making Ash Tyler a Pilot and just yesterday making Mirror Phlox an exobiologist. This has made it much more attainable for everyone to 'complete' this games single player mode.

With that said, there is still one last pesky node for a lot of people. Rabid Fans has a locked node requiring someone with the investigator trait and security of 700+ to beat. Currently, there are only 3 characters that can beat this node on epic and that is Detective Data, Tommy Gun Dixon, and Doctor LaForge (with some help from starbases).

Let me make this easy for you. Who else could be an investigator? It is my understanding after watching hours of Star Trek, that the chief of security investigates issues on starships and starbases. By that logic, all chief of security officers should have the investigator trait similar to all versions of Spock being a musician since he knows how to play a lute. The following characters should have the investigator trait added to them:
Chekov (during TOS movie-era only)
Tasha Yar (all variants)
Worf (all variants after Yar's death)
Tuvok (all variants except ensign)
Odo (all variants)
Reed (all variants)
Ash Tyler (all variants)

Thank you for your time and understanding.
F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!

Comments

• Options
    Some other suggestions:

Agent Harris - He's Section 31 and we saw him dig into some stuff for Reed. His Investigator skill set seems implicit to me.
    Galen - Picard was clearly investigating Baran and his crew's shenanigans in "Gambit" I & II.
    Klingon Quark - Dude brought the receipts to the High Council!
  • Options
    excellent points travis.

MAKE IT SO DB!
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Options
    Obsidian Order members - so every version of Garak as well as Enabran Tain and Seska
    Tal Shiar members - Alidar Jarok and Sela mainly, although you could probably add in Tomalok

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • Options
    I thought of the cardassians, but they're not as much investigators, but mostly just interrogators.
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Options
    I do agree. Eventually I will get around to working on my FF Tommy Gun Dixon and eventually clear that node, but until then, adding Investigator to those like Worf would be beneficial.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that Doctor La Forge (by the way, without SEC even being his primary skill) can clear the node, and considering he is a 4* character , he is attainable for most players - although I personally have not seen him there as yet, I would guess he drops in Voyages.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clear yes, but crit?
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Clear yes, but crit?

Please see the screenshot that I attached to the posting ;)