Home Make It So!
Options

re-imaging the old legendary cards

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
A lot of old legendary are really popular, fan-favorites cards which are now obsolete. And they have an old art style which is inferior to the new one. I know how to fix that.

Re-imagine that card with buffed stats and improved art.
For example Kal-if-fee Kirk, make a second Kal-if-fee Kirk called something different like Amok Time Kirk with a better art or new stats.

Or Jazz Musician Odo, make a second Holodeck Jazz Odo card with a better art and the added third skill over 1000.

Comments

• Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really in favor of this. We don't need multiple versions of the same card. I would, however, be in favor of them balancing the existing cards by changing stats/art to bring them in line with the current offerings.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I agree that we do not need more similar cards. Also I'm not sure how changing existing cards' stats would work out and whether changing stats on a card that is a part of someone's rooster would be that welcome. Even if it's a change for better, it would probably just make the stats more similar to some newer cards, and thus redundant. I like having various cards of different value, it's just more interesting.

However I'm all for enhancing the art on some cards and I'd love to see that happen.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that we do not need more similar cards. Also I'm not sure how changing existing cards' stats would work out and whether changing stats on a card that is a part of someone's rooster would be that welcome. Even if it's a change for better, it would probably just make the stats more similar to some newer cards, and thus redundant. I like having various cards of different value, it's just more interesting.

However I'm all for enhancing the art on some cards and I'd love to see that happen.

The only remotely smooth path I can see to boosting an existing crew’s stats would be to make the existing crew part of a fusion character that only works with an immortal to make another immortal. Example:

5/5* FE Gangster Spock + [insert name here] = 5/5* FE Tommy Gun Spock

Whether that Insert Name Here is some kind of decrepit booster citation or even something with a little more flair (think: the Companion merging with Nancy Hedford), I don’t know. Name issues aside, it doesn’t solve any of the very good points you’ve raised...if the upgraded crew were withheld from the time portal it would certainly avoid any pool dilution issues, I suppose.
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another option for tier 8-10 legendaries is to include them in the voyage reward pools after the 6 hour mark.

To support this, my suggestion would be to remove tier 8-10 legendaries from portal beholds, making them exclusive voyage rewards. This would make their acquisition and immortalization more appealing.

Nothing more frustrating than opening a portal pack, getting excited by “BEHOLD!!!”.......and the choices are all tier - irrelevant.
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Another option for tier 8-10 legendaries is to include them in the voyage reward pools after the 6 hour mark.

To support this, my suggestion would be to remove tier 8-10 legendaries from portal beholds, making them exclusive voyage rewards. This would make their acquisition and immortalization more appealing.

Nothing more frustrating than opening a portal pack, getting excited by “BEHOLD!!!”.......and the choices are all tier - irrelevant.

^ This.

As a side note, I'm not really in favor of changing the art. IMO, the current art is not superior, just different. I miss some of the more dynamic styles we used to get. The "photo realistic" art, that we've been getting recently, is great, but, since that's all we get, it is also boring.

(That said, I did enjoy the art change for Jadzia.)
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. I wasn't playing the game when they switched the art so didn't realize they did it. I just looked at the card and the new art is amazing. More so considering how bad the old art was. I used to think Blood Oath Jadzia Dax was one of the absolute worst cards in the game, art-wise and now it's one of my favorites.

• Options
    [10F]risky Dingo[10F]risky Dingo ✭✭✭✭

Wow. I wasn't playing the game when they switched the art so didn't realize they did it. I just looked at the card and the new art is amazing. More so considering how bad the old art was. I used to think Blood Oath Jadzia Dax was one of the absolute worst cards in the game, art-wise and now it's one of my favorites.

My current ship theme. ;-D
    o69r5l1ybo0m.png

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

The only remotely smooth path I can see to boosting an existing crew’s stats would be to make the existing crew part of a fusion character that only works with an immortal to make another immortal. Example:

5/5* FE Gangster Spock + [insert name here] = 5/5* FE Tommy Gun Spock

Whether that Insert Name Here is some kind of decrepit booster citation or even something with a little more flair (think: the Companion merging with Nancy Hedford), I don’t know. Name issues aside, it doesn’t solve any of the very good points you’ve raised...if the upgraded crew were withheld from the time portal it would certainly avoid any pool dilution issues, I suppose.

I really dig this fusing mechanism idea, @Dirk Gunderson! I like immortalizing a second crew member as the device. That would create a path to upgrading, but add enough of a bottleneck that it would be hard to begrudge anyone who went to the trouble of immortalizing those obsolete 5*'s in the first place who got to upgrade them now. To that end, I have an idea how to go about it: A new Voyage exclusive Admiral Q ("Hide and Q", one-upping Picard).

As a Voyage exclusive, it wouldn't be quite as easy as opening enough packs to get all the Admiral Q one could afford. He should be a 2-part reward, not a 3, though. This would add another dynamic. If you got an Admiral Q to drop, would you cash in 54k honor to immediately FF him? Or would you be more patient and wait for the citations from three campaigns? If you went that route and a second Admiral Q dropped before the third campaign ran its course, would you fuse the two of them, or cite each one individually? Plus, it'd inject Voyages with something exciting again.