Home Make It So!

Re-thinking voyages

Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Make It So!
Instead of getting into an rng discussion with people who have varying degrees of luck, varying degrees of familiarity with statistics, etc, id like to have a discussion about what I see as being opportunities for improving voyages.

1. Rewards

It takes a lot of patience and crew building to get to the point of reaching the 10hr dilemma without the use of revival tokens or dilithium, but the rewards do not scale appropriately for the crew requirements to reach those plateaus. 300 credits is just as likely of a supply cache find at the 9hr mark as it is at the 1hr mark.

2. Feasibility of reaching beyond the 10hr dilemma without the use of tokens or dilithium

No matter how awesome your crew is, getting much further than say, the 12hr dilemma is pretty impossible. And again, the rewards do not scale appropriately.

Suggestions:

1. After each dilemma tier, increase the scale of rewards. For example, if the chron reward at 2hr 20mins is 8, after the 4hr dilemma double it to 16, after the 6hr double it to 32, and so on. Do this for all rewards.

Some rewards are only in the pool after a certain point, such as 4* replicator rations, 5* trainers, etc. whatever threshold they enter the pool, once the next threshold is past, double the reward number of those items, or insert the next highest item rarity (5* rations, etc) we shouldnt be picking up 2* equipment and components for the entire length of a voyage. Replace those with 3 and 4 star variants after a certain threshold.

3. Two birds with one stone

Add all tier 8,9 and 10 legendary crew to the voyage reward/supply cache pools once the user passes the 6 hr mark. Also, remove those tier 8-10 legendaries from portal. It is no bueno when you get a behold that has nothing but junk as options, but passive acquisition of these mostly irrelevant crew would help new player rosters, and be a source of honor or collection completion for more experienced players.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down with your first suggestion. And it's not just because I'm hitting 10 hours pretty much every time now — people who use dil or a token to extend their Voyage should have greater rewards because of that, at the higher dilemmas. Right now it's sort of lackluster to to 11+ hours without a refill and come away with a pittance in loot.

As far as the other suggestion, I don't think they'd ever add legendaries to Voyage drops. Of course it'd be nice to have 5* crew drop in longer Voyages. However, removing those crew from the portal might irk some players.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Drago MusevniDrago Musevni ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of increasing rewards as the hours progress. I just had an 8 hour voyage with no purples and a pathetically low amount of chronitons. I agree, yank the useless suckers from the portal and put them on voyages where they'd be (theoretically) easier to get (but it is DB/TP who are lousy when it comes to calculating percentages anyway). as it stands now, voyages just keep getting nerfed and nerfed back to the land of Playskool. Nobody likes the idea of a Shinzon / Portal 63 / General Chang begold anyway. Like you said, kill two birds with one stone. Kill lousy voyages like the one I just had!

7cytr80s5n87.png
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • [10F]risky Dingo[10F]risky Dingo ✭✭✭✭
    Add all tier 8,9 and 10 legendary crew to the voyage reward/supply cache pools once the user passes the 6 hr mark. Also, remove those tier 8-10 legendaries from portal. It is no bueno when you get a behold that has nothing but junk as options, but passive acquisition of these mostly irrelevant crew would help new player rosters, and be a source of honor or collection completion for more experienced players.
    I like this one. I like this one a lot.
    Nobody likes the idea of a Shinzon / Portal 63 / General Chang begold anyway.
    I disagree. Besides collectors, there is probably someone with a 3/5 FE Shinzon that never gets used. By adding 5*s to voyages, you'd be giving people a chance to cite and freeze some of the bad 5*s. (Plus, you could also airlock them for 550 honor.)

In lieu of drastic changes, what if TP made it so that a "no token/dil" voyage got double rewards? That way long, natural, voyages would feel more rewarding.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just before opening this thread, I chimed in on @S31's thread about re-imagining the old legendary cards. @Dirk Gunderson floated an idea of using a special fuse mechanism to upgrade those crew (i.e., you'd fuse your eligible 5/5 with something new to get an upgraded 5/5). I loved that idea and suggested the mechanism for doing that could be interesting if it was a new Voyage exclusive Admiral Q. This would create a path to revamping those obsolete 5*'s, and inject some new life into Voyages. He ought to be a 2-part reward, rather than a 3-parter, though, until and unless TP finally fixes the bug of Voyages being at risk of freezing after the 14h mark.
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think im on board with the idea of creating new crew acquired by fusing.......provided that they are some seriously upgraded crew.

Its not easy to fully fuse and fully equip any legendary card, so in my opinion, it should really be worth it if we go down the road of fusing being the only option to acquire certain crew.

Hypothetically, if tier 8-10 legendaries were possible drops as voyage rewards, AND they had some options for fusability to acquire better crew, i would be content with that.

As things are now though, there are a ton of legendary crew that i would never choose from a behold. However, for me It would be exciting to get those same “undesirable” legendaries as a reward in voyages. I think that shifting those tier 8-10 legendaries (which are often times overpowered by newly released 4* super rare crew) to a format that is more f2p friendly would be welcomed by everyone.