Home The Bridge

really now? after 15h of starting the event and look at the leaderboard!

AandraaAandraa ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in The Bridge
znttnjxfmzy8.jpg

This looks like a PAY TO WIN to me...

Comments

• CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    ... and both level 99. Sounds fishy to me too.
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Thats about half of usual a million in first day is it what it takes just to be taken serious
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Seems par for the course
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Aandraa wrote: »
    znttnjxfmzy8.jpg

I get it. It was discouraging when I realized that I would never claim the Top 1 achievement, because I have neither the money nor time to devote in that pursuit.

I made my peace with it. LLAP 🖖

Same. Top 15 was my best, and I went HAM. Don't think I'll ever win one.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aandraa wrote: »
    znttnjxfmzy8.jpg

I get it. It was discouraging when I realized that I would never claim the Top 1 achievement, because I have neither the money nor time to devote in that pursuit.

I made my peace with it. LLAP 🖖

Same. Top 15 was my best, and I went HAM. Don't think I'll ever win one.

I went HAM for my Top 5 in Dr. Pollard’s galaxy. Don’t think I will ever top that. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    News flash: there are always going to be people with more resources - not just cash, but time, energy, and determination - than you. Measuring your own happiness and success by an impossible-to-achieve (or even approach) metric means you will perpetually be unhappy about your perceived failure and the success of others.

So..........the superbowl should be won by whoever has the best stock portfolio’s? The Tour de France should be an exclusive event for people who are willing to throw the most money into a corporations bank account? Spelling bee’s should be won by people who pay the most money to skip actually spelling words?

I am having trouble following your logic.

I completely agree that this game has a necessary p2p component. However, there is a big difference between real money giving an advantage to a player, and real money being REQUIRED by the truckload to win a “competitive” event...

Mechalobe ends up in the top 1-5 every faction event. Any way you slice it, that requires tons of money. That is the only “resource” advantage they have in this event type. Don’t confuse that with time, energy and determination.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are players in 1st place! This is brand new information.

The player in second last week spent like 200 dilithium. Save enough boosts and ot might be possible to make first. Like this guy (this is a fleetmate not myself):

gxhdm5kzx1zz.jpg
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭

The player in second last week spent like 200 dilithium. Save enough boosts and ot might be possible to make first. Like this guy (this is a fleetmate not myself):

gxhdm5kzx1zz.jpg

While that is an impressive amount of saved time boosts, he would need about 250 more 5* timer reduction boosts to have the slightest chance of keeping up with the person currently in first.

OH! And they would need to be in game every 30 mins to complete shuttle cycles and re-send.

Its pretty obvious that the leader is simply sending out a shuttle, and doing a dilithium speed recall over and over. No other way to rack up points that fast.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

gxhdm5kzx1zz.jpg

While that is an impressive amount of saved time boosts, he would need about 250 more 5* timer reduction boosts to have the slightest chance of keeping up with the person currently in first.

OH! And they would need to be in game every 30 mins to complete shuttle cycles and re-send.

Its pretty obvious that the leader is simply sending out a shuttle, and doing a dilithium speed recall over and over. No other way to rack up points that fast.

This is not new information.

I was going to say "Well...duh!", but you covered that this person is fairly new to the forums and presumably new-ish to the game, so I will cut a little slack.

That being said, the week I plan to hit the top of the board on a Faction Event, I will have my resources well saved to do so, and very few will be at the top with me, much like what we are seeing here.

Basically..."move along, nothing to see here"
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
This discussion has been closed.