Home The Bridge
Options

Saru Birthday Behold

Looks like same format as Phlox behold except 2 golds and a purple this time. A bit of discrepancy between the picture and pack details...
xpquplj8tn4g.jpeg
cr6y2sb64wsb.jpeg
“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
Captain Level 99
Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    How can a behold with 3 fixed choices have drop rates? This is confusing.

/edit: And there really is a mismatch between pic and text, also among the text the color is wrong.

This is what you get, the text is apart from the color coding correct.

ouxkab15y4e5.png
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Hemlock MartinisHemlock Martinis ✭✭✭✭
    So far neither of these offers have been useful for me, but I'm glad they keep adding them. I'd almost certainly buy one to finish off a 4/5 or two.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

/edit: And there really is a mismatch between pic and text, also among the text the color is wrong.

I would recommend WRG change Kaminar Saru to purple text to reduce confusion. I get the drop rate, though. You have a 33% chance of messing up and picking the SR.

Thanks for using the format again, though! I'm buying it this time too. :)
    My only other complaint is that Janeway didn't get this super awesome treatment.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    Was going to get it but now am confused. So I get a behold with 2 legendary and 1 SR? How would that work. And is it still a guaranteed behold?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drone_one wrote: »
    Was going to get it but now am confused. So I get a behold with 2 legendary and 1 SR? How would that work. And is it still a guaranteed behold?

Yes, see the picture I added to my post above.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I was totally confused by this as well, so thanks for clearing all this up.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget that. Gonna add in a chance of super rare and I will never buy these. Trying to cheapen them and see if people will still bite. Gonna be a lot of people getting a super rare who expect a legendary like the last 1500 pack and are going to be mad.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Forget that. Gonna add in a chance of super rare and I will never buy these. Trying to cheapen them and see if people will still bite. Gonna be a lot of people getting a super rare who expect a legendary like the last 1500 pack and are going to be mad.

I think there was an operational problem here that Saru only has two legendary variants and I don't think they can program a behold with two choices. I doubt we'd see this reoccur.

EDIT to add - maybe if they reduced the price not giving an option of three legendaries that would be palatable? Like 1200 or 1000?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan , can the color be changed so people are clear that one of the options is a SR?

I realize Saru doesn't have a 3rd Legendary option, but in the future I would suggest limiting these offers to crew that have at least 3 legendary options to avoid de-valuing the pack.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

No, you get a behold of the three. Only if you misclicked you would get a purple but CS would fix that for sure.
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭

This is what you get, the text is apart from the color coding correct.

ouxkab15y4e5.png

Thank you.

Only if you pick wrong. But agree its a devaluation relative to last time. First time they have a behold that gives both SR and legendary together. Think it is a coding error, but I need stars on both legionaries so I will probably bite.
  • Options
    [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    I would be really interested in knowing who picked Kaminar and what their rationale is
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if you pick wrong. But agree its a devaluation relative to last time. First time they have a behold that gives both SR and legendary together. Think it is a coding error, but I need stars on both legionaries so I will probably bite.

I think it is because there are only 2 legendary Sarus in the game and they cannot make beholds with only 2 cards.
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    Didn't realize you can only get it once. 2nd star on Away Team or 3rd on Vahar'ai? :)
  • Options

I think it is because there are only 2 legendary Sarus in the game and they cannot make beholds with only 2 cards.

Ok then I will reserve judgement until we see the next one.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I do need another star for Kaminar, but I did not have Vararai so I picked him up instead. If I had both fives FF and had Kaminar at 3/4 I would not have bought the offer at 1500 dil for a single star on a four.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    @Shan , can the color be changed so people are clear that one of the options is a SR?

I realize Saru doesn't have a 3rd Legendary option, but in the future I would suggest limiting these offers to crew that have at least 3 legendary options to avoid de-valuing the pack.

Personally, I'd really prefer if they didn't limit the offers to characters with three legendary versions in the game :sweat_smile:
    There are at least two cards that I want that are of characters who only have 2 legendary versions in the game. And I would definitely buy a 1500 birthday behold to get them.
  • Options
    I needed 2 stars on both the gold, put one on Away team Saru
  • Options

It's a guaranteed behold with the three featured cards, there's no way you would get the super-rare if you don't pick it.
  • Options
    It is a behold of the 3, great purchase, guaranty of a legendary!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I'd really prefer if they didn't limit the offers to characters with three legendary versions in the game :sweat_smile:
    There are at least two cards that I want that are of characters who only have 2 legendary versions in the game. And I would definitely buy a 1500 birthday behold to get them.

Maybe this is practice for Jason Isaac's next birthday. :)
    Shan wrote: »
    So, the info text is correct and the color has been edited to reflect the correct quality for Kaminar Saru.
    For this behold pack there is indeed two 5* and one 4*.
    The art will be corrected shortly. Sorry about that everyone!

Can't tell you how much some of us appreciate that you check these threads and use some of our input. It makes a world of difference!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    These are fantastic offers, folks. Thank you!!!
  • Options
    [10F] Unnar[10F] Unnar ✭✭✭
    Love this format. Thanks TP!

I am curious to see which variants they pick when more options are available, like Kirk/Spock/Picard.

Now I need to look up a list of birthdays to save accordingly.
  • Options
    Hamsters2Hamsters2 ✭✭✭
    These are great, thank-you TP! I feel like I am getting a good return on my dil. We get to celebrate star trek actors, TP gets some of our dil, mutually beneficial deal! I also hope you continue to not limit to only crew who have 3 legendary. Just toss up their best when it is their birthday and we can decide to buy or not buy. Another fun thing to look forward to in the game!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamsters2 wrote: »
    These are great, thank-you TP! I feel like I am getting a good return on my dil. We get to celebrate star trek actors, TP gets some of our dil, mutually beneficial deal! I also hope you continue to not limit to only crew who have 3 legendary. Just toss up their best when it is their birthday and we can decide to buy or not buy. Another fun thing to look forward to in the game!

This could be more confusing, but I would not mind filling in offer with some other actors legendary.

I bought it on both accounts. Main picked up 4th star on Away (Vahar'ai immortal)
    On Crusoe account picked up 4th for Vahar'ai instead of 4th on Away because I figured I could get Away from portal.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone bought this to get Kaminar Saru, it would indeed be highway robbery. And maybe it would have been better to only have this kind of offer for characters with three or more 5* crew variants. But anyone who fat-fingers their way into spending the Faction Store price for a 4* is a support ticket away from having that problem fixed.

For anyone buying it to get Away Team Saru or Vahar’ai Saru (mine is now 4/5*), it remains a vastly improved value over most other ways to get a specific crew. Hopefully this is a learning experience for TP when running these offers in the future.
  • Options

If someone bought this to get Kaminar Saru, it would indeed be highway robbery. And maybe it would have been better to only have this kind of offer for characters with three or more 5* crew variants. But anyone who fat-fingers their way into spending the Faction Store price for a 4* is a support ticket away from having that problem fixed.

For anyone buying it to get Away Team Saru or Vahar’ai Saru (mine is now 4/5*), it remains a vastly improved value over most other ways to get a specific crew. Hopefully this is a learning experience for TP when running these offers in the future.

Yes as it has been clarified I am happy. Sadly low on dilithium so cannot partake as my dilithium has to go to crew slots or the new Paris.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    The clear intention here is a choice between the two legendary Saru. Since a third option is required, Kaminar is probably the best, particularly with the double collections.

I grabbed a copy of Vahar'ai Saru myself.

Now let me check some of the actors behind the regular crew on my wishlist to see when their birthdays are . . . .

LeVar Burton? February.
    Anson Mount? February.
    Brent Spiner? February.
    Leonard Nimoy? February.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Maybe this is practice for Jason Isaac's next birthday. :)

I was actually thinking of Lorca and Pulaski when I wrote that :lol:
    But then it came to my mind that Reno and Culber also have two legendary versions (and they will probably get a super-rare one too at some point) so that's already 4 characters that I'd really like to see a birthday pack for :smiley: