Home The Bridge

Event Crew or Trait only Crew question.

A silly question perhaps but I would like to know for the future. Is a 4 star "Event Crew" better to use for a shared crew, as opposed to using a 5 star crew that is "Trait" only ?
Thanks.
The Maryland Fleet need YOU, come and join us!
We are rushing headlong into the abyss...................but we will have a blast whilst doing it,

Comments

• Mariko, it depends. Run a set of shuttles using the 10 minute time boost to see what comes up more often. usually if the 5 star of the same crew, lets say O'brien has the same skills, and they are immortalized they will be better the the 4 star. I don't know your crew so that is the best answer I can give.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Banjo said, do the math. For this event I decided that 5/5 Soji was better than 4/4 Undercover O'Brien. If I didn't have a 5/5 and/or if the 4/4 was stronger, then I might have gone with the 4/4.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mariko of the Maryland Fleet, I am finding it difficult to not read your name as Mario Kart. I am sorry, I will try harder :p
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question here really is on specific event crew over those that just give bonus.
    As @Banjo1012 says you can do the math. I will pick the crew with single highest skill and not worry about second skill.

Fo me it is my immortal Evolved Janeway.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the current event we decided to use 4* Braxton as there are so many SCI/COM seats and in most rosters is only Miss Q with this combination among bonus crew while everyone has plenty of DIP available anyway. Another lizard would do nothing for me but it really depends on your mates' needs.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the current event we decided to use 4* Braxton as there are so many SCI/COM seats and in most rosters is only Miss Q with this combination among bonus crew while everyone has plenty of DIP available anyway. Another lizard would do nothing for me but it really depends on your mates' needs.

That's interesting. I've got Mambo Picard, Evolved Janeway, and Layna - all DIP/SCI and all immortalized. One guy in my squadron has Bride Keiko, so he posted the share. I still had to use Riker Q for a straight DIP seat. I'm only running S31. This is a prime example of YMMV and why communication helps. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

That's interesting. I've got Mambo Picard, Evolved Janeway, and Layna - all DIP/SCI and all immortalized. One guy in my squadron has Bride Keiko, so he posted the share. I still had to use Riker Q for a straight DIP seat. I'm only running S31. This is a prime example of YMMV and why communication helps. :)

DIP/SCI I have a lot too, but COM is rare in combination with SCI among the romantic folks.

Two of us have Keiko but no use for another DIP.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

DIP/SCI I have a lot too, but COM is rare in combination with SCI among the romantic folks.

Two of us have Keiko but no use for another DIP.

True. My Odan Riker and my own Vagrant Braxton probably makes the difference there. Another CMD/SCI wouldn't help me. I got 8th place in that Odan Riker event. The accomplishment was cool, but I think this is the first time that it's paid off since that event.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    [as Squad Leader] I started out sharing O'Brien FF/FE (for about 5 minutes), then did the mental math as my Evolved Janeway FF/FE kept hitting the top of the list, the math is better to share that card @ 2x than O'Brien a@ 3x.

Janeway DIP 1438 +(234-466), SCI 1117 + (165-352) (x2) = 5110 +(399-818)
    Undercover O'Brien SEC 831 +(162-323) + ENG 734 +(130-272) (x3) = 4695 +(292-595)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I used to go with the existing 4*, now if I don't have the 5 at least to 3* I see who I am using the most and use that. It is always a 5* card, and normally FFFE.
  • Bylo Band wrote: »
    @Mariko of the Maryland Fleet, I am finding it difficult to not read your name as Mario Kart. I am sorry, I will try harder :p

LMFAO...... I LOVE Mario Kart, perhaps it was some weird psychological thing I had going when I chose, and its Japanese too.
    We are rushing headlong into the abyss...................but we will have a blast whilst doing it,
  • Oh seriously THANK YOU EVERYONE!!, Its so sweet of you all to have replied, its been great to read so many answers. Now I have loads of info gracias, I have also passed this over to my particular squadron and will pass it to the fleet as a whole too. Now all I need are some new crew for the Maryland fleet & bobs your uncle as we say in the UK.. L

I hope each and ever one of you are ok and doing well in whatever your countries "lock-down" is, stay safe & healthy!

"Play the game, Play it well"
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    A five star will likely be levelled before the event. So you can just slot it in as soon as the event starts.
    The old four star event crew is also a good idea.

The new four star has a problem, in that you will be levelling it, and adding stars during the event, so may not get up to full potential until a day or more into the event.

Swapping crew part way through the event might not be a good idea. I always sort out my shuttle seats during the kickstart, and expect the same crew when I send out new shuttles.

For mega events, I would suggest always using the reoccurring, level it as soon as you can, and add a second star on the first day (citation or DYC). Even if you only manage to get it to level 80 on the first day, it will still be a huge help. Only level the four star crew from the first event once you have levelled the five star.