Home The Bridge
Options

Thank you thank you so much for the changes to ship battles!

I absolutely love the changes made to the ship battles. Skipping the animations, the speed-ups, even setting them to auto. Makes going through the daily arena battles so much quicker. I can’t wait until the next skirmish because it’s going to be a dream. I only wish you could select an option to permanently skip the intro and outro animations instead of manually doing it every time, but that’s not a big deal.

Comments

• Options
    I agree with Emperor Borg Drone.
  • Options
    Smelly,

You might be right the 1500 who always had the time to put into being in the top 1500. Who have been replaced by those who can get there now using the new speed up. I am planning on being in the top 1500 in a skirmish for once.
  • Options
    Admiral 8QAdmiral 8Q ✭✭✭
    I'm curious to see how the next skirmishes plays out myself. Instead of setting up a combo that you manually can tap in a certain order in each of the 5 battles (possibly a bit different in a battle depending on the ship and it's stats) to get through quicker than an A.I. combo, it will be an auto combo in A.I. controlled sequence that may have taken longer overall before, but at 3X speed will actually be faster. And with no thinking other than hitting "auto" and "3X". ;)
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the time I was using skirmishes just to farm honors and I would get into top 1500 just because you get enough Chronos too keep up going indefinitely.
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    Smelly,

You might be right the 1500 who always had the time to put into being in the top 1500. Who have been replaced by those who can get there now using the new speed up. I am planning on being in the top 1500 in a skirmish for once.

This is exactly what everyone is getting wrong. It won’t save anyone (going for rank) time. It’ll just cost a lot more chrons to rank.

It will make the chron cost in net loss similar to galaxy events like 6-8k for top1500(maybe 10k for a conservative estimate), but so much less tapping which is a godsend. It will be so much easier to burn 50k chrons with the new system and honor farm. I'm very excited about it.
  • Options
    It will make the chron cost in net loss similar to galaxy events like 6-8k for top1500(maybe 10k for a conservative estimate), but so much less tapping which is a godsend. It will be so much easier to burn 50k chrons with the new system and honor farm. I'm very excited about it.

My main gripe with Skirmish was waiting for the animations. Less Tapping is nice too. I'm sure people with hand and wrist injuries will love it. Anxious to try it out in an actual Skirmish. Seems like a very positive direction. Thanx TP for listening.

• Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    I like the changes, but I doubt they'll help my opinion on skirmishes. It'll be the same grind, just quicker. Instead of needing 600k or whatever to hit 1500, you'll need a million.
    Still, huge improvement for dailies and skirmish thresholds.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we need a skirmish 350k speedrun, under 30 minutes now I think :D
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we need a skirmish 350k speedrun, under 30 minutes now I think :D

You should stream it.
  • Options
    I guess we'll only know for sure after we've played the first skirmish of this type, but I tend to think that it won't create that much more competition for the ranks between 1000 and 1500. It will take more chrons to get there, so some of the players who were able to compete because they had lots of time might be replaced by players who have lots of chrons. Then there are people who used to place in those ranks accidentally, because they use skirmishes to farm honor. Some of them might not make it that far anymore, because they'll use up whatever amount of chrons they feel comfortable using and stop there.
    So maybe it will take the same amount of time investment and way more chrons in the end, but maybe not. Maybe it will take more chrons and less time.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Perhaps another mini-event is called for, before the next full skirmish. This is what Shan wrote about the first mini, back in March:

“ Why a mini event?

We have multiple goals in mind:
    - propose a potentially reoccurring mid-week activity that is familiar yet has a few twists
    - provide a new way to get specific rewards
    - test out balance changes without impacting our regular events
    - gather specific feedback”
    [emphasis added]

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15639/all-hands-to-battle-stations
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Hemlock MartinisHemlock Martinis ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more re: the ship battles change. One of the best QOL improvements ever added to this game. Three cheers for the devs who made it happen.