Home The Bridge
Options

New crew: Archer and Porthos (5*)

6fqe7vovg5xk.jpg

Some combo of CMD, DIP, and SEC.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captains with furry friends! I think the devs have been peeking in the Most Wanted thread. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I like that they put Porthos near his face so he will show up in the avatar. I also like that Porthos is clearing saying, ”Fetch me my cheese, human!”
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Hemlock MartinisHemlock Martinis ✭✭✭✭
    If you're in a spending mood and don't already have him FF/FE, Gary Seven makes an extremely rare appearance in this week's Tuesday pack.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... I gave it a shot, thinking maybe I could get a * on one of my other golds, or a cool new Archer, and was looking good when I got a behold for the second spot, but then I ended up with the worst pull ever. I can't even use the ship schems for rations anymore, I just have to delete them. So 650 Dils = 400 honor and nothing else. :(

cytghr8u9d2m.png
    j7ekqmw7a0d9.png
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Salamander ParisSalamander Paris ✭✭✭✭
    Had enough for 3 pulls, got 1 of each purple and a shockingly high number of schematics. I'm sad now.
  • Options
    General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    So... I gave it a shot, thinking maybe I could get a * on one of my other golds, or a cool new Archer, and was looking good when I got a behold for the second spot, but then I ended up with the worst pull ever. I can't even use the ship schems for rations anymore, I just have to delete them. So 650 Dils = 400 honor and nothing else. :(

cytghr8u9d2m.png
    j7ekqmw7a0d9.png

This is one of the most frustrating parts of the game. I've had many of these same pulls. I don't know if separating schematics out of the portal is the right solution. I do agree that they should be limited/capped; maybe something like no more than 40%. They should NOT take up 80% of the premium pull...that's ridiculous.
  • Options
    Tried twice, strikeout both times. Not gonna waste any more dilithium
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder if there should be two types of portal packs- crew and ship. Ship would be schematics and, maybe, graduated like shuttle boosts. Crew would be crew, equipment/components, and maybe the odd citation or equipment crate that does not immediately claim.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's people's quick and dirty determination? From a stats perspective, he seems pretty blah to me. But there is a dog in the portrait, so...
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amanda and Gary are both SOLID crew. If you don’t have both of them immort, this pack is a good group of 5* characters.
  • Options
    I currently have 6850 dilithium and I am torn between going after Gary Seven using 6500 to get a guaranteed legendary, or doing 10 (650) pulls. I almost feel like both are losing propositions but I’m compelled to do something.

I like saving dilithium for the 3900/390 packs after the Mega’s but I’ve been wanting G7 since the week after he was released.

I’m trying to talk myself out of it but I can’t stop looking at the offer.

• Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    3 attempts, 3 Lucero. Ugh.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I tried three times, got Odo three times, I needed one more star for Lucero, oh well.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Glenn FiddichGlenn Fiddich ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    3 attempts, 3 Lucero. Ugh.

There is captain iguana 's answer
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    man i also have been wanting gary seven and had been saving dil hoping for something like this. i have never bought a 6500 pack before and thought there would be 10 featured crew since i could just buy 10 650 packs. i thought the advantage to the 6500 would be 500 chrons and at least 1 guaranteed legend. i was wrong. i only got two featured crew and the other 8 were random super rares. however i did finally get a g7 so im happy about that. still, i cant help but feel cheated becos im wondering if it would have been better to buy ten 650 dil packs. i might not have gotten gary but at least i would have had ten chances for him or porthos.
    im actually really bummed about this
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Gary has eluded me since release and I've wanted a copy, PLUS I love me some Porthos, so my bet is my DIL is disappearing into this one
  • Options
    Tried 4 times, no Gary (or any gold) One pull did contain 3 copies of B-4, who I naturally have FF/FE. That was rubbing my nose in it...
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    starfox wrote: »
    man i also have been wanting gary seven and had been saving dil hoping for something like this. i have never bought a 6500 pack before and thought there would be 10 featured crew since i could just buy 10 650 packs. i thought the advantage to the 6500 would be 500 chrons and at least 1 guaranteed legend. i was wrong. i only got two featured crew and the other 8 were random super rares. however i did finally get a g7 so im happy about that. still, i cant help but feel cheated becos im wondering if it would have been better to buy ten 650 dil packs. i might not have gotten gary but at least i would have had ten chances for him or porthos.
    im actually really bummed about this

You'll be pleased to know that I took 10 stabs at the 650 and got no golds... so.... yea, I guess you did it right
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a good thing I ran out of dilithium on crew slots or I would waste it trying futilely for this.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried twice. Got a begold which netted me a forth start on Durango Troi (my first legendary). Not too bad.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Hemlock MartinisHemlock Martinis ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    EnderW wrote: »
    What's people's quick and dirty determination? From a stats perspective, he seems pretty blah to me. But there is a dog in the portrait, so...

He's #4 for base DIP and #3 for Voyage CMD/DIP. Bridge crew is always good. Series lead is even better. The problem is that he's a mixture of CMD/DIP/SEC, the most common skill combo in the game. I'm always wary of going after those crew even when they're stellar because they get overtaken by new crew so quickly. It takes a truly extraordinary one for me to start opening Tuesday packs.

Last week we actually got one of those extraordinary ones in Sinister Picard: great stats, a great set of traits, and will almost certainly get a lot of use in events going forward. I was lucky enough to snag a copy and immediately slapped some citations on him to FF/FE. The Big Book ranks Sinister Picard as tier 3, which strikes me as fair for a top-tier CMD/DIP/SEC crew. Given that, I'd personally rank Archer and Porthos as tier 4 at the moment. Archer is firmly above average—but he won't stay that way for very long.

The caveat here is that he's in a pretty dang good Tuesday pack right now. The other two featured 5* alongside Archer are Amanda Rogers, who boasts a rare SCI/MED/ENG skill set, and Gary Seven, a Tier 1 powerhouse. I wouldn't feel bad about pulling any of them, so I'd be more willing to splurge on dilithium for this pack than I would for most others.
  • Options
    3 pulls, 3 Odos and the final star on Enemy Lines Sisko, which wasn't bad, was expecting Gary Seven to drop given I have him FFFE, and then I'd have to muse upon a second copy.
  • Options
    TarisTaris ✭✭✭
    Damn it. I'm really tempted, especially since it's Enterprise crew but still saving dil in case Mr. Homn makes an appearance.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

He's #4 for base DIP and #3 for Voyage CMD/DIP. Bridge crew is always good. Series lead is even better. The problem is that he's a mixture of CMD/DIP/SEC, the most common skill combo in the game. I'm always wary of going after those crew even when they're stellar because they get overtaken by new crew so quickly. It takes a truly extraordinary one for me to start opening Tuesday packs.

Last week we actually got one of those extraordinary ones in Sinister Picard: great stats, a great set of traits, and will almost certainly get a lot of use in events going forward. I was lucky enough to snag a copy and immediately slapped some citations on him to FF/FE. The Big Book ranks Sinister Picard as tier 3, which strikes me as fair for a top-tier CMD/DIP/SEC crew. Given that, I'd personally rank Archer and Porthos as tier 4 at the moment. Archer is firmly above average—but he won't stay that way for very long.

The caveat here is that he's in a pretty dang good Tuesday pack right now. The other two featured 5* alongside Archer are Amanda Rogers, who boasts a rare SCI/MED/ENG skill set, and Gary Seven, a Tier 1 powerhouse. I wouldn't feel bad about pulling any of them, so I'd be more willing to splurge on dilithium for this pack than I would for most others.

👍
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Yateball wrote: »
    You'll be pleased to know that I took 10 stabs at the 650 and got no golds... so.... yea, I guess you did it right

oh thats diabolical . i guess it was worth it to get the 6500 pack. i didnt realize golds were THAT difficult to get in the 650's . now im kinda tempted to buy one more 6500 . i would love another star on gary or get a copy of porthos